Possible new mk6??!!

Discussion in 'Mk6' started by Deako, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

[​IMG]

This is the Mk6 according to Autoexpress. But its a tad presumptious. They have just photoshopped an Audi A3 and Mk5 together,

2. las8v New Member

Dont know if any one has seen the pics of the proposed new mk6 golf. Looks a bit like an A3 in the bottom pics or a 147 side on. Deako posted me a picture of the one in auto exchange that they had cobbled together. As he said, photoshopped with an A3 and an mk5

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. VDubChick Forum Member

I don't mind the front, looks like all the other new cars around, but the rear end is awfull [:x]

4. RallyeVR6

RallyeVR6 Forum Junkie

I've seen pretty similar pictures of the new Mk6 in Auto car a few weeks back. Looks better than the mk 3,4 and 5 imho.

Apparently its coming out in 2008 in stead of the previously planned 2010 due to poorer than expected sales of the mk5 and the fact that the mk5 cost nearly twice as much to produce per car than its closesed rival, the Astra. They are hopng to cut cost of production dramatically on the new model.

5. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Oops, just moved my post from your thread in the test section! I didnt start this thread. [:$]

6. veedubnutz Forum Junkie

Oh dear, reduced production costs can mean only one thing.... ****e build quality, **** materials etc[:x] Tis a shame that the mk5 isnt selling as well as expected, because IMO its the best designed and built production hatch for some time

7. G-Man Forum Junkie

Bit early for a mk6?! I the polo has had more facelifts that Cher, what are VW up to!?

Hope they only get cheaper production costs from small things such as cheaper labour but at the same quality.

8. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

6 years is the lifespan. They arent NOT official VW pics. Take them with a pinch of salt, exactly the same thing happened shortly after the Mk4 launch.

9. RallyeVR6

RallyeVR6 Forum Junkie

From what I have heard the biggest problem with VW's production costs is actually labour. The biggest critism I have heard of the mk5 was its price tag.....I'm guessing this is VW's way of addressing that issue.

According to this website, mechinically the new Mk6 will be just a modified version of the mk5 just with lower build costs on the production line. Without the need of major cash developing a brand new car, and just modding the existing model, that in itself will lower some of the production cost. But yes, that might mean lower build quality in the long run.

10. RallyeVR6

RallyeVR6 Forum Junkie

Actually, thinking about it again. This "brand new Mk6" model, could infact just be a facelift model of the mk5 with better production practises and a couple more engines.

11. las8v New Member

I remember watching a programme not too long ago about vw. Their main problem was that their staff on production worked short hours but got paid a large wage. Something about Germans trying to have a fantistic, relaxed lifstlye for the working class. Good in theroy but means high producion costs due to the need for extra staff. It also had a piece about this mad tower that housed your brand new vw where you picked the one you want and this massive lift went up inside and picked it for you. It was like something out of the matrix.[:s]

12. RallyeVR6

RallyeVR6 Forum Junkie

Your not wrong about the tower. THis is the storage area for new German owners to pick up their Phateon:

[​IMG]

The Working conditions for the workers on the Phateon plant seem to have it quite nice too.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You think they might have spent a bit of money on that factory don't you???

Oh, and the storage tower for any other type of new VW that you might buy direct from them

[​IMG]

13. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

They sell each Phaeton for a 200,000 loss i think. Crazy!!

14. gillm

gillm ***** User

better not be a mk6 yet :(

15. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

They havent even introduced the chrome grille facelift planned yet. The model should run till 2010 from previous Mks. Remember, they are just photoshops of Mk5s combined with A3s for now.

16. J18 DUB Forum Member

im sure theres gonna be a shed load of supposed designs flying around for a mk6. bet it makes the new mk5 buyers depressed!!

17. AndrewD Forum Member

2 'proper' spy shots of the Mk6 here. Looks a lot like a black bin-liner with wheels to me, but what do I know? :lol:

18. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Its not a proper Mk6. More like a Mk5.5. Just a facelift.

19. RallyeVR6

RallyeVR6 Forum Junkie

From what I have read in several magazines and doing a google search, its seems that VW have already announced that the MK5 will stop production and the "Mk 6" WILL be coming out, 2 years earlier than planned in 2008.

But, it does look like instead of developing a whole new platform for the mk6, like they have done for every other new incarnation of the golf, they are planning on modfing the existing mk5 lay out, which in effect will be basically a facelift mk5.

However if VW are going to call it the MK6 Golf.....I guess Mk6 golf it is.

20. eamon1.3 Forum Member

Inside the tower.....
    [​IMG][/IMG]