Possible new mk6??!!

Discussion in 'Mk6' started by Deako, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Yeah, thats pretty much what ive deduced from the post above too. Very odd of VW doing this, its out of character. But, the question id really like to know is, which version will it be? The style with the Passat front end (Corporate image) or the modified Audi style front end (aggresive looking). Guess we'll know more soon.

2. superden Forum Addict

I was going to say something about the Audi clone 'Mk6' but I dozed off looking at it.

3. vrooooom Forum Member

The real question has got to be how much power will they give the GTI and will there be a R32/R36?? or what ever.

And will they finally make the jump to fuel types other than petrol and diesel, seeing as the price of oil is set to keep going up!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2006
  4. RallyeVR6

RallyeVR6 Forum Junkie

I can only deduct that part of the cost cutting VW are trying to do to get manufacturing costs down has resulted in a modified mk5 chassis instead of a whoel reworking of the car.

Again from what I have read and sen pictures of, the front end styling will take its cues from the Eos with a crome style grille so I'm guessing it will look more like the pics that Las8v posted (which, incidently I really quite like the argressive looking rear end in teh second pic) rather than the obvious A3 with MK5 golf headlights printed on the front cover of Auto Express.

I also read on t'internet somewhere, though I can't quite remember where that the new MK6 will also include new engines, possibly including a dual charged 2 litre 16 V unit in teh GTI (similar to the mk5 GT, 1.4 with 170bhp coming out soon) and a 3.6l V6 unit in an R36.

I also heard something about another generation of the diesel as the PD TDI engines are getting rediculously expensive to make and improve.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2006
  5. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Autoexpress also suggested the Dual Charging technology could be applied to the 2.0 petrol engine, to create the new GTI model. They have also indicated that the outgoing MkV will see an R36 (as i predicted years ago, VW copyrighted the name when the developed the 3.6 for Touareg and Passat), with a 280-300bhp model sporting Lamborghini style 19" rims.

6. vrooooom Forum Member

Wonder if they could squeeze the V8 4.2 under the bonnet out of the Phaeton? now that would be worth a look![:D]

Also wonder if they'll do the GTI in 4motion mode too, or just leave it fwd.

Got to admit, i do like the theoretical new shape, bit more sharper.

I have read that one big problem with the mk5 is the doors take twice as long to assemble compared to other cars.

Was sort of hoping that they might come on all retro, like a few other manufactures and go back to the mk1 or mk2 shape and just make it a bit bigger.

7. RallyeVR6

RallyeVR6 Forum Junkie

If, and its all a lot of speculation from people that don't really know exactly whats going on (i.e me lol), if they did bring out a Dual charged 2litre 16v unit, for my mind it would have to be 4WD.

If they're getting 170bhp from a 1.4, I would have thought 230 - 250bhp from a 2litre unit wouldn't be out of the question. And as the Astra VXR's biggest complaint was its inability to put the power down without loads of torque steer, the easiest and cheapest way that VW has as an "off the shelf item" would be its Haldex 4WD technology. Putting an LSD in the box is also an option, but then the focus RS got slated for the way it tramlined down bumpy country roads. An LSD isn't really the best option for an every day family car that the Golf GTI has become imho.

I doubt very much that they'd ever be able to fit a 4.2 V8 in their, the 3.6 engien is gonna be just another incarnation of the VR6/R32 engines so they know its small compact, relatively light and has teh smoothness of a straight 6. The 4.2, I would suggest, is too big, and too heavy for a small "hothatch" type car.

8. Seraph Banned

i quite like the shape of this new model

9. JettaTDi

JettaTDi Forum Member

Just taken these pictures of the Auto Bild site, they were also in this months Car magazine.

Car magazine stated that this is bar a few tiny changes what the new Golf will look like. The Mk6 will be launched next year, with the Jetta, and Golf estate carrying on with their current shape. There will be a GTI, R32 with eventually a R36 model.

I think the Golf Estate looks like something Korean.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 8, 2007
  10. garfayliu Forum Member

If this is how they make phaetons where can I apply for a job.
    [​IMG]

11. stu h Forum Member

the facelifted golf looks better than the current bland-looking things (apart from the GTI)

what the hell are they doing with the rear lights on the estate? whats wrong with a mini-me passat? that'd be much easier on the eye

Last edited: Mar 9, 2007
  12. i.a.n.b Forum Junkie

Think that above looks really nice. Like the 1st photoshop style pics too.

13. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Apparently the new head of VW has stopped the Mk5.5 going ahead, along with the IROC (New Scirocco) and other models including the Tiguan i think.

14. Andy947 Forum Addict

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I was defo gonna buy an Iroc when it was released [:x]

15. JettaTDi

JettaTDi Forum Member

This is taken from Car Magazine

Our images shows the next Golf's look, as approved by Wolfgang Bernard (previous president).
    It's reminiscent o today's car, and the roofline and glasshouse, are carried over. Fatter door frames, an integrated roof spoiler and more sculptured side panels give the car a sportier, wedgy appearance.
    The dual headlamps and the spilt taillights follow the design theme set by the Passat and Eos.
    Unique to the Golf VI are the low mounted foglamps, restyled bumpers inspired by the R32's and horizontal rear reflectors.
    Last minute changes may alter the design however.
    Martin Winterkorn (new boss), is no fan of the VW design philosophy introduced by Murat Gunak. Rumours suggest that Audi styling chief Walter de'Silva may be asked to finesse the front, including the vast air intakes.

So basically reading this article, this probably will be the new MK VI, other than a few minor changes.

16. 13"rims Forum Member

the thing that ramped up the mk5's costs was the development of its independant rear suspension! next model will be a lot cheaper to produce as the technology is there

17. Tuff Schmitt Forum Junkie

As far as I can determine, it's due out towards the end of the year. Can anyone confirm this?

I'm deciding on whether to wait for its release, or go ahead with something else...

18. Andy947 Forum Addict

You cant afford it anway, you immigrant scum [:x]

19. Tuff Schmitt Forum Junkie

I could walk in and buy one outright, and still have enough money to fund a rather heavy crack habit.

What's the matter, Andy. Ran oot a money?:lol: