quick question about kr injectors

Discussion in '16-valve' started by arnau, Jul 5, 2009.

1. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

yeah the metering pin isnt so bad to clean, but dont remove it unless its sticky. if you take the meterign head off the air flap you'll see the pin in the bottom, if you push it in with your finger it should go in smoothly but with some resistance, then re-extend. if it does this theres no need to clean it :)

2. arnau Forum Member

ahmmm so I will see it when (i.e.) I replace the air filter? or do I have to remove something else?

3. rubjonny

you need to unbolt the fuely bit from the air flappy bit, 3 screws on the top. 16v generally has spline head bolts where earlier ones had boggo flat heads. you'll see what i mean :)

4. arnau Forum Member

and does it need any kind of adjustment after removing/refitting this?

5. rubjonny

no it should go back on the same way it came off, just chec kthe oring underneath is ok and replace it if not.

6. arnau Forum Member

woh. do you have the part number for that o-ring?

I will replace it anyway.. it may cost... 2?

7. rubjonny

049 133 485 A

I just used one out of my massive oring box that was the right size, its not under any real strain as it doesnt get hot, and not in contact with oil or petrol or anything. its just there to seal the metering head to the air flap assembly.

8. arnau Forum Member

ok, thanks, I will replace it anyway. I think it will be good as this seal will have been sitting in there for 20 years :lol:

9. neil kaye Forum Junkie

yea it moves the plate slightly but i would still have c/o set last tbh

10. neil kaye Forum Junkie

i took one appart and no matter what i do i cant get it to seal in the middle and iv probs broke one thats ok,so i wouldnt if i were you

11. arnau Forum Member

woh, I wont then :lol:

12. dan_1987

dan_1987 Forum Member

Bump.

Start again with a clear break down of what you've done and what the symptoms are...

13. arnau Forum Member

hey, this thread was to know if these injectors I bought would work propperly in a kr. but they seem not to do the job as expected :(

I have another thread in here about my starting issues. However, it seems to be the same as described in your thread, so I might try and replace the ignition coil when I find one :)

thanks for the bump!

14. Tim_Q New Member

Right, this is interesting, I need to find your other thread now... I got the impression that all these injectors are fine and bought some of the brass merc. injectors without the 'hats' when I rebuilt my engine. It ran pretty well, nice and smooth except for a sporadic starting problem which was driving me crazy, a couple of times it wouldn't start at all. After many many hours fault finding the problem and replacing everything I eventually put my old crappy injectors back in and voila..problem solved!

Many people have obviously used these with no snags, wasn't the case for me though. I still have the old crappy ones installed and really need some proper new ones now as it runs rather rough but at least starts reliably!

Tim

Right, I've read the other thread now, so same symptoms but different cause it seems, although I still need to drive my car for a week or 2 to check the problem is resolved. I replaced my coil not so long ago though. Where are you up to with your problems arnau? I might get new injectors and a coil just for the hell of it!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  15. arnau Forum Member

hey I hadn't been notified of your reply!

I am still having start up problems, but I have some other problems which I need to sort before...

16. Tim_Q New Member

Well, my car has been fine since I took the brass injectors out. Starts and runs better on my old injectors, so well in fact I've not bothered paying out for new ones yet. VW must have put those hats on them for a reason!