R.I.P to my friends mk2 vr6

Discussion in 'Ooooops!' started by baker57, Jul 11, 2009.

1. baker57 Forum Member

This is a sad end to my mates mark two vr6. He lost control and took out six cars in the process. I can't help but feel sorry for hes insurance companys payout. Hes only had the car for awile and had it up for sale as hes goin down the jap crap road[:x] . Crash was so bad that the driver seat ripped out of its bracket,headrest was sent flying way down the road.

I ask my mate what went wrong......he said he was goin to fast car pulls across hes lane he hit the brakes it locks and then he lost it....hit this car span hit that car span hit the barrier car hit him span again.....span span span ,he said it was like a day dream[:s]

Good thing is that no one got hurt.....Only afew cuts and bruises. He spent 2 days in hospital.................

A mk2 golf vr6 with standard mk2 gti disc brakes:o...............A ACCIDENT WAITING TO HAPPEN!!!!![8(]

funny thing is 2 days before the crash i gave him a front set of 280 disc,calipers,pads and carriers:lol:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

I havent seen that about around the area....

Gutted mate...

It looked nice too...

I bet he is devistated. All that money he spent on the car has just gone...

Did it happen on the A40... Im sure i drove past it?

3. baker57 Forum Member

oh and no it wont "polish right out"..........:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

4. baker57 Forum Member

Mate hes well gutted.....its for sale as it is,engine still runs and its got gray leather vr seats let me no if your intrested. when you gonna turbo yours

A40....BINGO! It made the news too

Last edited: Jul 11, 2009
  5. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

Will definately let you know if i need some parts off it for mine. Cheers :thumbup:

I cant believe i drove past it the day it happened. So gutted for him mate...
    Is it not getting another shell to transfer the parts over then?

Hows yours coming along then mate... :thumbup:

6. baker57 Forum Member

Theres a clip of mine on youtube: vr6 vid part 1 (OR) vr6 vid part 2 there only photo shots of the build, lol i keep on changing stuff I need to fit the alloys and boxster calipers then go for a dyno run see how she goes......if i dont see over 380bhp at 17psi i wont be happy!

O and nah hes selling the hole car as one[:s] ....dont ask!

7. lard44 Forum Member

[​IMG]
    Industrial size should do it...

8. baker57 Forum Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup: .....Theres always one

9. GarethMK2VR6

GarethMK2VR6 Forum Member

Wow thats some bad sheet. seeing stuff like this puts me off the conversion a little.....but only a little. I was going to risk it on 16v brakes for a bit but after seeing this im not going anywhere in it till i get some G60s.

10. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

sounds like a bad crash, but im impressed with how well the car has survived

11. baker57 Forum Member

Trust me i'd uprate your brakes if i was you.....There just tooo small builds up heat to qwick then thay lock.

12. baker57 Forum Member

:lol: I must admit that did cross my mind. You cant really tel from the picture but in person i was shocked! theres a kink in the roof as if the car wanted to fold over. It made me thing twice about pushing my vrt hard on road.......Oh and theres no way im letting him have ago on my car......NO CHANCE! PLEASE DONT THINK THIS IS THE FIRST TIME HE'S HAD A CRASH......OHHH NOOOO...AND HE WONDERS WHY I BEG HIM TO TAKE IT EASY WHEN IM IN HE'S CARS.

IF THIS AINT A WAKE UP CALL FOR HIM TO SLOW HE'S CRAZY DRIVING WAYS DOWN THEN I DONT NO WHAT IS. HE'S A GOOD FRIEND OF MINE THAT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE HIM STAY ALIVE!

13. AndyG

AndyG Forum Member

main thing is he got out ok, seems to of held up rather well

14. copeidge

copeidge Forum Member

lets hope hes declaired all his mods to the insurance company. ive always wondered in this situ, with so many cars damaged what happens if this happened to someone who wasnt insured would they have to pay out them selves..??

at least hes okay.

15. i.a.n.b Forum Junkie

Ouch. Its clear alot of money had been thrown at that car so why wouldn't you throw some at the brakes, stupid imo.

16. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

he seems pretty irresponsible if you ask me. and the main thing is the OTHER people weren't hurt - it would have been criminal if he had killed someone driving round what is really an accident to happen (super quick car with shocking brakes)

17. baker57 Forum Member

He bought the car as a unfinish project he just did the final bits. When i saw the car finish i looked at the brakes and said "is he for real how are you goin to stop" So as he's a good friend thats when i gave him the free mk3 vr6 brake parts that was off my old dona car. but he never got around to fitting them!.

And you no what car he's saving for...........................a skyline R34!!!!. Thats way he had the car up for sale. Be honest now? Between you and your friends theres always that one mad,crazy person..........he's that person!!

18. Andy947 Forum Addict

How can the brake setup have anything to do with it??? Just cos the engine is faster doesnt mean you need bigger brakes.

The biggest issue with brakes are the weight, put a standard 8v in that situation 4 passengers up and you'd have a car doing the same speed but even heavier. . . . .

19. WillG

WillG Forum Member

I would have thought that having bigger brakes would have made it easier to lock them up!

But as Matt82 said I'm quite surprised the mk2 body held it's shape despite quite a bad front smash and the rear being done too.

20. keith_lemon

keith_lemon Forum Member

on the edge.... also north wales, close to rhyl
    thats poop that is - i nearly wrote mine off yesterday too - jacknifed it when towing another mk2 on an a-frame - will never ever use an a-frame in the wet again!!!!!

the 280s are not really big enough imo lol. im running a fully uprated disc, pad on 280s with my mk2 vr and its still building up heat (want to go 305 brembos but not got the cash at the moment).

so what good bits are left on this mk2 lol