R32 vs EVO vs STI

Discussion in 'Mk4' started by sutherlandm, Apr 15, 2004.

1. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

eyup its the mk3 moaners brigade,jk :lol:
    Edited by: riley

2. superden Forum Addict

Surely its personal preference ?

I`d rather have a nice 20vT Mk1 Golf over an R32 but like I say, thats just ME.

Settle down lads (and lasses) :lol:

3. eyesonly Forum Member

:lol:

Sutherlandm, you really shouldn't get so worked up by people not thinking the R32 is the best thing since sliced bread.

It's your car and what's important is you like it. Lots of people don't think they are anything that special or worth the money.
    Edited by: eyesonly

4. superden Forum Addict

See ? :clap: :clap:

There are lots of cars I`d love to have in my garage that people would probably think are sh*t (Triumph Dolomite Sprint, Vauxhall Chevette HSR to name a few) but what matters is its your taste and your choice.

Some people think the doors on my valver look sh*t and go on about how `it looks funny` and `those mirrors are in the wrong place` ...

My response ? F*ck you. No one asked for your opinion :lol:

5. Kingsley Forum Member

who gives a pile of steaming fresh dog poo what people say about your car... if we were all the same the world would be a boring ass place... and without arguements which make me laf!

:lol:

6. andymark1 Forum Member

How many R32 have been made?

7. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Initially it was only intended as a limited run of 1500 available in only blue, black and silver. But they increased production and even made a (gasp) 5 door version, as well as releasing it with some other colours. Of which my favourite is the metallic grey. Hmmm, sexy!!!

I reckon about 3000 were made, but its not gospel.

8. Golfgirl Forum Member

Initially they were only going to be in Deep Blue Pearl, but there were problems with the paint which is when they introduced the other colours. That's what I've been told anyway.

9. Golfgirl Forum Member

Just another thought, people (Mk 1/2 owners) have been moaning that the newer (Mk 3/Mk 4) GTI's are slow (the Mk 4 is anyway), but when VW bring out a fast Mk 4 they're still not happy!

10. Rob.gti Forum Member

Who told you that? The three colours were available from Launch, and in Europe. The R32 was supposed to follow the Anniversary model, limited colours and limited number.

11. H8SV8S Forum Member

What a fecked up thread... Goodluck to those who can afford an R32 or are willing to borrow a lot of money to buy one. The fact still remains: They aren't an old car, so don't compare them to one! It's so logic it's laughable, yet the R32 owners still cop the urine for wanting a new car - maybe they want the safety, the comfort, the ABS, EBD, space etc etc.

I don't like new cars much either - nor can I afford one, but I've I'd outlayed the money, I'd be defensive of my purchase aswell.

Grow up ;)

12. mikee66 Forum Member

Tbh honest mate, I love the r32 i really think they are the mutts, but if i had nigh on 25k i think i'd buy something else or at least a 2nd hnd r32 (if i could find one :lol: )

13. sutherlandm Forum Junkie

We seem to have three groups.
    1)Those that own older Golfs and either through genuine dislike, envy or a bit of both don't like them and think they're too heavy, too slow, whatever.
    2)Those that have an older Golf and would love an R32 if they were a bit cheaper.
    3)Those who own an R32 and universally seem to love them!

If group 1 meets group 3 then there's trouble!
    Another 500 miles this weekend, mostly on Devon country roads - Can't wait!
    Mike - 25k would get a top spec R32 with ALL the toys.

14. vealige Forum Member

I'd be in group 2. I think its a cracking review for the R32 and if i was in the market for buying one of those 3 i'd probably have the R32 because it is something different on the road to an Impreza or Lancer. Which is more common then Saxo's, Nova's and ERST's down here. Mind you where i live there are about 4 R32's within 2miles of where i live. [:D] We do have some cracking roads in Devon! [:D]

15. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

I can't wait to find a wrecked 3.2 TT so I can put all the running gear in my corrado.

16. Andy947 Forum Addict

R32 - No thanks!!!

AUDI S3 everytime over the R32 :)

17. sutherlandm Forum Junkie

Andy - Can I ask why?
    I had a choice of the two.
    S3 has vague steering and a souless engine.
    It probably looks nicer but it's not as focussed and sounds dull.
    Not an inflammatory remark, I'm just interested.

18. Andy947 Forum Addict

The S3 is the nicer looking of the two cars, by a long way. The Golf is simply a body kit - you could do the same to any lesser model.

The S3 on the other hand is a more engineered car in that the shell isnt the same as any other A3 model, the arch's are flared and the bumpers wouldnt fit.

The 1.8T engine in the S3 is a vry good engine, returns a better MPG than the 3.2

The interior of the S3 is outstanding, ours has the half leaher half alcantara interior and looks superb.

Basically the AUDI has much more style and class than the VW - and thats why i would always choose it over the R32

The new S3 which is coming will be even better!
    Edited by: Andy947

19. Jeff Forum Junkie

I'm happy! I feel they've listened and answered for once!

I dont fall into any of sutherlandm's stereotypes though. I could afford an R32 if I wanted to, and I would like one. However I am more interested in older cars, from a pure personal preference point of view. On the other hand, if an R32 is what you want, then good on you! I fail to see where the problem is here? We have all paid our money and made our choices, some of us had more money to play with than others. Either way, we've got what we wanted or as near to it as we could afford. just because I dont share the same tastes and have the same circumstances as you doesnt mean I am jealous, or even that I think you made the wrong choice!

You obviously like your R32s. Some people here dont. Thats life. If they tell you its not what they wouldve picked, so fecking what? Dont take it so pesronally! I would actually be happy with one, but I dont want one badly enough to buy one. So I dont fit into 1 2 or 3.

20. Golfgirl Forum Member

Er, I'm not taking it personally and I don't know what gave you that impression. I certainly did not say that you were jealous - people can drive whatever they like regardless of how much it costs, how fast it is, how reliable it is, how comfortable it is, how old it is etc etc.

It's my car and I like it which is why I bought it - same for you and your car! The R32 is ideal for me and your car is ideal for you! Yes I may have bought an R32 recently but I have not been ramming it down people's throats about how wonderful it is and everyone else's cars are pooe.