R32 vs VR6 30 - 70 acceleration

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Technical Queries' started by vr6highline28, Dec 22, 2004.

1. vr6highline28 Forum Member

the most important thing to me is that I can't afford an R32 (yet ........ [:^(] )

2. cforehead Forum Member

S1MMA, you quote the VR6, but is the highline not closer to the 'rado's output than the std. Golf's?

How do the Daddy VR6 (2.9...)'s figures compare to the R32?

Fordo![:D]

3. Joe M Forum Member

Corrado VR6:
    0-60= 6.4
    0-100= 17.7
    1/4 mile= 15.1

60-100 approx= 11.3
    0-30= 2.6
    Edited by: Joe M

4. b'locks Forum Addict

Seems that way...I've driven a 'rado vr6 and I swear it didn't feel any quicker than my Golf and if anything my Golf felt quicker! Plus I've raced a 'rado vr6 on the strip and actually drew level after lagging behind from a dysmal start. [:s]

/Edit Mind you, give me the 'rado gear box over the Golf's any day!
    Edited by: b'locks

5. vr6highline28 Forum Member

S1MMA, you quote the VR6, but is the highline not closer to the 'rado's output than the std. Golf's?

Well to keep this thread going ..... I've seen the German version of the VR6 Highline Brochure and it makes reference to the Highline having a choice of 2 engines (174bhp or 190bhp - I believe the latter is the same as the Corrado 2.9 ltr) ....... however in the UK I only think the highline had the 174bhp option ..... mine is a totally genuine VR6 Highline and has the AAA engine as per the stickers (and the V5 - as any of you will know it's only by looking at the V5 you will know if it's a Highline or not - we can all put leather seats into a VR6 !) ........ but seriously does anyone genuinely know if the VR6 Highline in the UK had a different engine to the normal VR6 ???? Cheers !

6. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

OBD2 engine managment in the later VR6s, everyone who's driven one will agree they go better than the earlier OBD1 cars. OBD2 cars usually give more than 185bhp on Stealths rollers too.
    Edited by: G_V_K

7. Seraph Banned

d'ya leave the handbrake on again?! :lol: ;) :lol:

8. Joe M Forum Member

Isnt the german 190bhp golf the 4wd version though, not available over here?

9. vr6highline28 Forum Member

yes mate you are absolutely right ....... it mentions the syncro @ 190 bhp ...... heah at least someone here knows their stuff !!!!!!

as for OBD2 vs OBD1 ....... what does that mean in layman's terms ? very interested to know though, especially if it means me car is wee bit better than i thought !

10. Seraph Banned

means cars more efficient, ie improvement in air,fuel,ign areas givin better power delivery(more or less!!)
    good news for us, bad news for saxo driving chavs!
    Edited by: Seraph

11. vr6highline28 Forum Member

hahaha ........ nice re: chavs in a VTR ! :lol: probably best to bring this thread to an end ..... in conclusion think I've got a great VR6 Highline ...... unmodified .... only 64k at the moment and I didn't pay supercar money ! hope to get an R32 when the prices come down a little but genuinely disappointed that the R32 in reality not much quicker than a car 8 years it's younger (if well treated of course !) .... great to own an umodified potential future classic and one which on the str8 shouldn't trash itself next to Mk5 GTi !!!! agree ?