Radio 1 Established 1967

Discussion in 'Music' started by Vento Mike, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

Well.....

I must be getting fuc*ing old[:x]:lol:

Mostly great songs ruined by mostly perfectly competent artists.

Natasha (would love to punch you in the face) Bedingfield Is on there covering Madonna's Ray Of Light....says it all really:lol:

2. i.a.n.b Forum Junkie

Liked that no diggity one the other day but can't remember who covered it. The one the streets did was awful.

3. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

It was the Klaxons doing no diggity

why they asked mike skinner to "perform" i'll never know....

4. Cabby Dave Forum Member

Listen to radio2 then like the VAST MAJORITY of the nation.

5. i.a.n.b Forum Junkie

I'm not ready to turn into my Dad just yet. :lol: Bloody togs.:p

6. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

[Rant mode]Radio 1 is majorly facked imo.

Scott Mills on stand in for Moyles this morning, talking utter sheeeite to a commuter on a train, encouraging the commuter to sing or something similar in front of kids. Had to turn it off [:x] [:x]

Heard on the weekend that the target audience age for R1 is ~ ?17?-24, but I'd argue it's more like 8-18.

About time they've kicked off these Top 40 c*cks, JK & Joel from the Sun pm show, and thank gawd. Trouble is some Reg and Fern are taking their place - equally childish and inconfident morons, incapable of asking a decent question.

And why did they split up the lunchtime/pm show of Edith Bowman and Colin Murray - a perfectly good Celtish double act, which complemented each other well, yet now all we have is plain dull afternoon show and decent music and total enthusiasm from Murray.... at a stupid hour...

Feel utterly deserted by the whole thing tbqfh.

Listened to Radio 2 yesterday - Radcliffe on stand in for Steve Wright, brought back sounds of when Radio 1 was good and genuinely funny.

[/mode off]

7. Cabby Dave Forum Member

I turn off radio2 at 2pm as Steve wright is a twa4. I did wonder where radcliffe was last night. Ill listen today after the Vinemeister

8. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

Im a in the middle man!

Can't abide certain dj's on R1...I switch to R2 and feel all old man esq...some music hits the spot...a lot maybe i'm still to young for (please agree, born in 1980!)

There are some great bands around at the moment all with a few good songs to each of them...and then there is Akon.:lol:

9. Cabby Dave Forum Member

But Radio2 plays every good new song. Not great tunes, but Wogan played Plain white t's and scouting for girls this morning.

10. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

As for Mike Skinner...well he definatly can't sing...was going to say his lyrics are clever but I think what I mean to say his storys are interesting. Call it what you will, it's definatly entertaining 'music'

11. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

I can't stand wogan, or those tracks!!

radio one does my head in from time to time, but i still listen to it all day.

i despise moyles, yet i feel compelled to listen to the show anyway, no idea why.

12. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

Working in a workshop all i get is the radio.

Gotta be Chris Moyles in the morning. Then a bit of Jo after if my dad is not around as he cant stand her.

Catch a bit of JV. Steve wright...

BUT then you have the mother of all cocks....Chris Evans.
    I HATE him. He has messed up drive time completely. Its now a kids show and not a show with good music in to drive to like Jonny Walker did.

I kinda dont listen to anything after 5[:x]

13. Cabby Dave Forum Member

Johnny 'cocaine and prossies' Walker. He was ok but I like Evans.

14. RallyeVR6

RallyeVR6 Forum Junkie

You obviously didn't hear him on Radio one over the weekend talking about how **** the Mark and Lard breakfast show was and that they were deservably sacked from it. :lol:

15. Cabby Dave Forum Member

Lard is crap. Best thing he ever did was 'how I wrote elastic man'.

16. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

does anyone else find "comedy" dave's voice infuriatingly annoying?

i want to kick his teeth in.

17. Mike_H Forum Addict

I used to love that show!! Still listen to Marc Riley (to use his grown up name) on Radio 6 sometimes (digital radio).

Face it guys, if Radio 1 gets on your nerves, it's because it's meant to. You're just too old to be listening to that mainstream 'yoof' culture pop 5hite! It's radio 2 or 4 for you from now on... or a bit more choice if you happen to live near London, or have a DAB radio.

18. damogti Forum Junkie

I like Chris Moyles in the morning....... Radio 1's daytime shows are all sh*t though so dont listen but i get Scott Mills on the way home although he is proper annoying at times....

19. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

jk and joel are gone from radio 1 now, replaced with greg james who i like, but then, i thought jk & joel were quite good in the mornings so....

moyles is a proper tool! the show isn't funny, hardly any music, and the music they do play is usually crap, jo whiley does my head in but i liek to hear the covers on wednesdays.
    scott mills show is funny imo, but i only hear the best of podcast early monday mornings, so i dont know if the show is always that good........

colin murray always did my head in, but everything after that is generally quite good: annie nightingale (breaks show) daniel p carter (rock show) mike davies (punk show) ras kwame (uk black music) and eddie halliwell on thursday night/ friday morning

fire it up!!! :lol:

20. SPERMBANK

SPERMBANK Forum Member

Radio 2 ( when i do listen to the radio ) Moyles in the morning on 1, coz Terry winds me the fook up, but 2 for the rest of the day!

I just cant handle the sheite they play on 1, r&b ( rap and bollox ) and other poo.

Radio two covers most bases, and is awesome!