Rate the last film you watched .........2013

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by thegave, Feb 10, 2012.

1. dragonfly

dragonfly Paid Member Paid Member

A Good Day to Die Hard

John McClane travels to Russia to help out his seemingly wayward son, Jack, only to discover that Jack is a CIA operative working to prevent a nuclear-weapons heist, causing the father and son to team up against underworld forces.

Finally got a chance to see the latest Die Hard film. I must say there are a few hints at it being a die hard film but all in all it's an action film. It pretty much goes dialogue, action, dialogue, action, dialogue, action, dialogue so there's plenty of very nice set pieces of destruction. However like 4.0 it is a 12A rating which is a shame.

7 cars damaged out of 10.

2. stella

stella Forum Junkie

Life of Pi in 3D - 8/10

Very unusual film with amazing CGI. I don't think it would have been as good in 2D. I loved the tiger.

3. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

21 jump street

A few genuinely funny moments throw in with some uncharacteristic for a comedy, major violent scenes makes this a decent watch.

8 holy ****ing ****'s out of 10

30 minutes or less

pizza delivery driver gets forced into robbing a bank. funny premise, and i'm normally a fan of jesse eisenberg, but it doesn't quite hit the mark, somewhere along the lines it thought it was a real action film and not a comedy so falls a little flat. (only upside to the film is somehow, the producers managed to convince bianca kajlich - the now ex-wife of landon donovan and hoebag off of rules of engagement, to get her cans out! :thumbup:)

5 gorilla masks out of 10

Battle: Los Angeles

If you like your action films with a sci-fi twist and full of clichs, this for you. Decent special effects, but cardboard acting all-round with an eerily familiar ending.

5 armoured humvees out of 10

Crazy Stupid Love

A nice twist on the rom-com with decent laughs, good casting and even a few twists and turns thrown in there. Creepy scene at the end though!

8 super-hot babysitters out of 10

4. salsheikh Forum Member

I saw this in 3d and thought the film was overhyped and the ending was pants - i give it 5/10

5. Gup16v Forum Member

Dark Knight Rises..
    unlike most sequels, this one kept getting better. shame that was the final installment..

8/10

Immortals

Very Much like 300. 7/10

6. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

I also watched Dark knight rises at the weekend, 9/10. Awesome in my books and the time flew by!

Skyfall Blu-ray next, However i have something up my sleeve for that one...And its 106" big;)

7. PeeJay Forum Junkie

Skyfall 8/10

Spoilers follow:

Really enjoyed it, bit long but covers a lot of ground.

Not a traditional Bond film IMHO, he's not his usual cocky / confident self, it's pretty downbeat actually.

Needs a second viewing I think!

8. RBPE Forum Member

DJANGO - Excellent Tarantino film with good performances from the entire cast and his usual unnecessary gore.
    Christoph waltz rapidly becoming one of my fave actors with a fine performance.

9/10

9. Mr Funk Forum Member

Dark Knight Returns - great film but massive plot holes. Don't think I liked it as much as Dark Knight but definite candidate for second viewing. Still no Watchmen but close 8 oblique Robin references out of 10.

Skyfall - Bond (excellently played by Craig) doing what he does best. Really like the gritty style although I fell asleep for forty minutes (not the films fault). 8 surprise deaths out of 10

10. stella

stella Forum Junkie

Song for Marian - 9/10
    Real weepie with lots of funny bits too. Great British film. Good for your wives and mums but probably not for most of the blokes on here! lol

11. Admin Guest

I watch Dark Knight rises last night 7/10 bit plot heavy and dragged with it, but Ann Hathaway as catwoman made the film a lot more enjoyable :)

12. dragonfly

dragonfly Paid Member Paid Member

Welcome to the Punch

Welcome to the Punch presents the story of a former criminal, Jacob Sternwood (Strong) who is forced to return to London from his Icelandic hideaway when his son is involved in a heist gone wrong. This gives detective Max Lewinsky (McAvoy) one last chance to catch the man he has always been after. As they face off, they start to uncover a deeper conspiracy they both need to solve in order to survive...

The film moves a long as it's own pace with some good set pieces including the beginning. Don't expect a Snatch type story, but a decent Brit gangster film all the same.

7 Alfa Romeos out of 10.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  13. stella

stella Forum Junkie

Guilt Trip - Barbra Streisand 3/10

There wasn't much to chose from last week when we went into town, so decided to watch this. Good job it was Orange Wednesday, so the tickets were cheap. It was watchable, but more a B film than a main feature. Mildly amusing/embarrassingly cringeworthy in parts, it is the sort of film you'd expect to see late on night on TV.

14. mat-mk3

Skyfall - 8/10. It's a very good film, but i prefer a bit more technology in bond movies. He didnt even get a watch!
    However, The projector screen was a massive success and the whole family enjoyed the film.

Warming up on Black Ops 2lol
    [​IMG]

Horrible bosses - 7/10 and thats because of Jennifer Aniston gets her kit off lots of times!:thumbup:
    The rest of it, Tried to be a little bit the hangover i think.

TED next:)

15. pRot3us Forum Junkie

About time Mat ;)

You're getting some bad reflection of the ceiling though (generally the case in a living room setup), that will be washing out your blacks and reducing your ANSI contrast ratio, join the slippery slope if you dare. :)

Which projector did you go for?

16. mat-mk3

It's an optoma HD33, Not brilliant but it was not bought for movies. It was for a gaming application that has yet to come off until we move house.
    The screen is not actually mounted on the ceiling but on a tripod stand meant for speakers. It means I can put it up and down in 5 mins. The room is no where near setup for a PJ, The new house will be though. It was more of a temp thing, Might as well have put it to use.

17. pRot3us Forum Junkie

Cool, I've had a couple of Optomas myself, can't beat proper big screen gaming especially driving games. [8D]

18. WEZ

watched a shed-load of films this past month lol, most of them gash I think!
    can't be arsed to "review" them all, I'll just score them:

The Roommate - 2/10

Attack the Block - 7/10

Contagion - 5/10

Drive - 7/10

Gone in 60 Seconds (1974 original) - 8/10 - I don't tend to watch pre 1980's films, as growing up in the 90's with big budget blockbusters, and beyond, I can normally never get into them, usually more impressive back then. However, this was a car nut's passion project, written, directed, produced and starring some crazy SOB with some great old school motors ( i'm a big Americana fan), this makes it a must watch, I just wonder how better this could have been with a major studio backing...

Haywire - 6/10

Midnight in Paris - 7/10

Safe House - 7/10

Sucker Punch - 5/10

The Beaver - 6/10

The Lincoln Lawyer - 6/10

Young Adult - 7/10

Tomorrow, When The War Began - 7/10

Hesher - 6/10

Soul Surfer - 7/10

The Town - 7/10

Stone - 1/10

19. Mr Funk Forum Member

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang - One of Kilmer and Downey's less known films, You really need to keep your wits about you as the genius really in the incredibly fast paced script. A great story that's really pulled along by genuinely talented actors who have clearly bought into the parts. 8 very witty one liners (and faun gloves) out of 10

20. WEZ

Contraband - 7/10

Like gone in 60 seconds, but with boats, but not really, but they do both have giovanni ribisi in them lol

Ted - 7/10

possibly over-hyped it in my head, wasn't as funny as hoped, but still pretty damn funny.