Rate the last film you watched .........2013

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by thegave, Feb 10, 2012.

1. salsheikh Forum Member

dont you think it could have had a bit more suspense in it, i thought the bit with the dogs was about the most thrilling bit of the movie and then it was back to being ok.

2. dragonfly

dragonfly Paid Member Paid Member

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)

Journalist Mikael Blomkvist is aided in his search for a woman who has been missing for forty years by Lisbeth Salander, a young computer hacker.

This is the Daniel Craig version not the original (which I still want to see).

The film is gritty and at times graphic but a decent thriller. It's well produced and although it starts off slow it soon gathers pace.

8 missing people out of 10.

3. PeeJay Forum Junkie

I struggled with The Hunger Games, haven't read the book but despite all the hype thought the film was a bit of something about nothing.

I guess the task of making a film about teenagers being forced into killing each other as a 12 cert would have been tough, but it seemed (and I assume the book is the same) they went to increasingly daft lengths to ensure the main character only kills the nasty characters and only in self-defense

4. PeeJay Forum Junkie

I'd struggle to give it 2 frankly, a total mess of a film, a great supporting cast all wasted on some awful former WWF female wrestler turned actor.

5. salsheikh Forum Member

i hear what your'e saying Peejay. There could have been some sort of escape/ending of the divides/sections or some sort of danger for 'rich' people. Storyline could and should have been so much better.

6. PeeJay Forum Junkie

Lockout 3 **** poor CGI effects out of 10

I really liked the concept of this film, super-prison based on a space station orbiting earth. They send in a bad knock-off Snake Plissken copy and stuff happens, nothing too interesting.

Apart from it looking very cheap (the CGI effect on earth are syfi channel bad) it focuses on the most boring characters, the baddies are far more interesting and their story isn't really told.

7. PeeJay Forum Junkie

Women in Black 8 jumped out of my skins out of 10

Proper old school British horror, relies on story and just outright creepiness rather than gore and effects.

Have to admit I jumped out of my skin at times.

8. PeeJay Forum Junkie

21 Jump Street. 6 in-jokes out of 10.

Very silly, but quite good fun, relentlessly takes the **** out of itself throughout the whole film - Ice Cube plays the most stereotypical stereotype, people make reference to the fact the main characters are and do look in their mid 30's and Johnny Depp even reprises his roll in it very briefly.

9. stella

stella Forum Junkie

Anna Karenina - about 8 out of 10.

Quite watchable if you haven't read the book or seen the original film. My friend had and was very disappointed, but I enjoyed it.

10. Miss Psyclodia

Miss Psyclodia Forum Junkie

In the book the dogs were the old players that had been killed and you could tell by their eyes. There was no build up at all and i had to keep explaining things that had been missed. I hope the second is better.

11. WillG

WillG Forum Member

I also watched the Hunger Games last week and thought it was utter rubbish. I get that it's a kids book, and I get that therefore it needed a 12 rating, but I don't understand why it's a poor rip-off of Battle Royale! Woody Harrelson was the only good thing about it. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone over the age of 15.

Prometheus on the other hand (despite all of the negative reviews towards it) I actually really enjoyed. But I did watch it with the mind-set that it is a standalone film with slight links to Alien. Sure some bits were homages (blatant scene copies), some bits were unbelievable and the characters were quite poor!

12. Admin Guest

Iron sky 7 Goose stepping nazis out of 10.

an odd but enjoyable film

13. salsheikh Forum Member

Hugo complete waste of time (2 hours long) I'm not even gonna tell you the story its that bad - 1 secret passage out of 10.

14. dragonfly

dragonfly Paid Member Paid Member

Johnny English Reborn

Sequel as a whole is disappointing, saved only by some some nice cars and eye candy. Predictable but no laugh out moments.

5 dodgy spies out of 10

15. salsheikh Forum Member

Prometheus wasnt too bad a movie but i expected more of a link to the Alien movies - 5 martians outta 10

Adjustment Bureau - a love story - 5 doors outta 10

16. Miss Psyclodia

Sinister 6/10 nothing original
    The cabin in the woods 7/10 really enjoyed the twist a little bit cheesy but good plot.

17. Chrisrpal Events Team

I watched the horror movie sinister last night!! 5 out of 5 stars for this one!! ;)

I also watched a good film on the horror channel this year on sky, can't rememebrr what it was called but it was about a film company wanting to do a horror film in an old hoispital that finds an old reel to reel camera police never found where the director of the film decides to act on the old killing found on the reel to reel tapes!! Has anyone seen this movie? If so what was it called? It seemed a low budget film which made it more scary!!

18. Miss Psyclodia

It was probably a real snuff :0 (Nah sorry don't know)

19. Admin Guest

Taken 2
    7 i'm going to find you and kill you out of 10

a little watered down for the 12 cert. but still full of fist fighting action if a little luvvy dovey in places. Lots of nice Luc Besson touches in the film.

20. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

hunger games - as said above, a much ado about nothing, it tried to build suspense, failed, some stuff happened, then it ended! 5 "girls on fire" out of 10

MIB3 - kind of enjoyable this one, cgi was fairly decent in the most part, but it lacked something and I don't like soppy endings, killed it for me! 6 "neutralizers" out of 10