reconditioning mk2 16v dizzy distributor

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Technical Queries' started by PaulM, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Supercharged Forum Member

Good thread but did you change the Hall Sender over as these are the bits that usually fail?

2. SkyRocketeer

SkyRocketeer Forum Member

Don't suppose anyone's had any luck in obtaining parts for these dizzys from a bosch stockist/service centre? The serrated oil-seal retaining washer was a little reluctant to come out of mine - and it's not as pretty as it was (squishing it flat in the vice didn't improve matters much either [:$])

Gonna try my local bosch agent tomorrow, but I have a feeling it's going to be hard work.

3. Supercharged Forum Member

Yeah - my local place is really good, give them the dizzy part number and they bring up all the individual parts - ordered a new hall sender on fri afternoon and it's in this morning!

OT - Karmann - you been over to any of the factories or the museum?? if not I highly recommend a trip!

4. SkyRocketeer

Cool - like a donut I forgot to call my local bosch agent today, so will try again tomorrow. If they can't help me, any chance of sharing the details of your local supplier?

(Haven't been to germany in over 10 years [:^(] - one day I will though, consider it a petrolheads pilgrimage.. )

5. Supercharged Forum Member

Yeah - I used Colchester Fuel Injection - not sure if they will do mail order tho...

6. SkyRocketeer

I phoned the garage today and they said that they couldn't get the oil seal or spacer/washer separately (I didn't ask about the hall sender as I'm not sure I need to replace it yet) so plan b is to get the oil seal as mentioned earlier in this thread, and tidy up the washer as much as possible before refitting (I'll see if I can find something similar first though).