replacement radiator with fan unit

Discussion in '16-valve' started by Marsenmax, Oct 1, 2022.

1. Marsenmax New Member

now we said the same thing only from a different view ... I am looking for a longer water radiator with double fan because mounting the climate radiator in front of a single fan is not enough

2. daNpy Forum Member

[​IMG]

RADIATEUR BENZINE 1.6 / 1.8 58002041 International Radiators

3. Marsenmax New Member

this is not the original one the same size as mine? I was looking for something already with the 2 fan structure

4. daNpy Forum Member

Fans come separately. This is one that should fit, but if you prefer other brands, try Autodoc.

5. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

that one above is standard mk2 golf diesel plus petrol models with aircon so wont be a problem to find.

click the link I posted to my build thread, you'll see how the standard mk2 1.8 radiator fan shroud will fit. this is how standard mk2 with aircon were, they didnt use an aircon specific shroud its the original 1.8 one and it will bolt straight to the rad above.

I only had to make 2 custom brackets because I used a toledo rad which uses a diffent fan package, the mk2 golf version already has all the right mounting points for the 1.8 shroud

6. rubjonny

the models with aircon did have a higher wattage fan though, so that might be all you need

7. Marsenmax New Member

https://m.autodoc.de/stark/7989189
    So I found this radiator, in your opinion, can it fit? The fan did not change the power it simply has a control unit that manages the double speed, only with the original radiator it will be because 32 years old when I was traveling on the highway the temperature rose too much for this I wanted the double fan

8. daNpy Forum Member

The fan is no use when you are driving. Wind will have more flow than the fan can manage.

9. Marsenmax New Member

Meanwhile, at mw on the highway the temperature rose and I had to add an additional front fan to the climate radiator

10. rubjonny

yep that is the correct part to suit aircon petrol engines and turbo diesels, it will drop straight in and work fine if the hoses are on the right side for your application :)

but yep as above the fans are only for use when the car is not moving, above around 20-30 mph the airflow thru the rad is far more than any fan can help with. so if temps are high when driving, either your radiator isnt good enough or some other issue with the water system.

if the fan switches on around 3/4 and is able to bring the temps down to near 1/2 before switching off while the car isnt moving then it is fine :)

11. Marsenmax New Member

the water system works well attaches the fan to 95 ° and turns off and 85/90 only if I am on the highway the temperature rises to 100 °

while the car immediately rises in temperature and often attacks the fan, I ask you these specific questions to understand the problem

12. rubjonny

yep so yep your fans and the coolant system is all good, all you need is a nice big radiator :)

13. Marsenmax New Member

okkk thanks in the week I order and I start with the accommodations and take the photos