Retro Wheels!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Quality retailers & Supplies' started by dentman, May 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

Nick,you are taking the fuc*ing p|ss there mate.Pure bullsh|t...I know it and you know it.
    So do people who you asked to pass on a couple of messages to me.
    As it WAS YOU that went missing,not me.As bula says in post above...WORKING IN OXFORD.

You know full well that when i stopped posting on the forum...THE PM'S AND TEXT MESSAGES CARRIED ON,even if they were full of times that were never met and endless excuses.

I hope to god that my stuff turns up this weekend...You aint No fu*king mate of mine.

2. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

And you [:x] Tw*t.

If you wanna get personal and attempt to take the p|ss out of a serious mental illness go ahead...Do you think it will bother me? Someone who wears there heart on their sleeve?

No chance.
    You look like a c*nt for saying it though,so blue peter badge for you :clap:

And supposing i want to get personal...
    Im sure Nick would appreciate it if i start opening my mouth about his personal circumstances.He asked me not to say anything...and i have not and will not,so why don't you back the f*ck up.

3. VDubChick Forum Member

Look Sheryl, No one knows what we went through, no one seems to care even now cause you still wont cut Nick a break for making a mistake, which was unavoidable at the time.

Nick has learned from his mistakes, he now knows that god forbid anything like that happens again, he will shut down the business and resume work once he knows he can.

Everyone wants their stuff done yesterday and Nick does all he can to try and meet everyones expectations. But in the real world you just cant please everyone.

You never gave nick a deposits for the wheels (and Im sure as he considered you a mate he didnt even ask), you even say your self they were cheaper than cheap and he was doing you a favor by trying to sort them out in-between jobs that hes making a living off.
    You just said your self the last time you tried to contact him on msn he was in oxford WORKING!

Riley, as for you being a true customer, I can tell you right now that I would never drive 300 miles across country with 3 young kids in tow to pick up a set of tyres, all, I might add free or charge, you didnt get charged for my time or petrol and thats just one of the many favors nick did for you.

At the end of the day, these 3 incidents where all at the same time, me going into hospital, moving the family and business 250 miles up country, breaking his knuckle while fixing wheels, his parents going through a very messy divorce and getting royally screwed by a family member.

The only thing Nick is guilty of here with you and Riley is mixing business with pleasure. Hes to nice for his own good, despite what you may think, he genuinely did try to get things done for you and Riley but other commitments (like making sure he was making enough money to support his family) got in the way of that.

Ill make damn sure he wont be doing any more favors or mates rates for ANYONE, that way we can avoid this ever happening again.

Riley your stuff is in the post so its over.

There is nothing more I can say or do its just sad that its come to this and you went on forums to air it rather than call him. You know his web site, his number is on it, there is no excuse.

4. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

I was told by Nick that he could collect the tyres,after id asked where to send them.
    Not my problem if its decided you should pick them up...And then to bring it up here,as if its some kind favour unknown to myself,until it happened.

And Favours?

Ask Nick about the few hundred quids worth of advertising that he got for nothing on volksdevil...Full website integration is not cheap.
    Ask Nick about the little site i put together with car care gear on so he could sell it through his site.
    Ask Nick about the G60 conversion that he was going to have cheaply,and how i held on for a few weeks until he was ready for it.And then for it to fall through...But it ended up on ebay...very strange.

And its not over until my parts arrive in 100% perfect condition,and the cheque clears.

Mates rates...same price 280 quid else where...and would have been turned around within 2 weeks.

Anyway...All it takes is one word.
    Sorry.
    And obviously,as a 'MATE' to try and get my parts here soon,as i would hope 'MATES' would.

5. VDubChick Forum Member

Riley, he tried but when you have a large family and a business to run and thats your only income you cant put favors before work.

I have sent out your stuff, not Nick, if you have any more problems regarding your stuff you pm or call me.

He couldnt be contacted via Internet for a month because it took our provider 28 days to reconnect us after the move.

You had his number, you could have called, he kept telling you they would be done because he was genuinely trying to meet your dead line, but when priority commitments come up you cant leave them.

Anyway, your things are with the courier so just calm down.

6. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

Elly,

With all due respect...When businesses move,things are put in place and arranged beforehand normally.
    And at the time,there were text messages...

If Nick was/is a true m8,he know's im in debt after having to close my business down due to illness.Which is devastating.

The least a 'MATE' could do is to get the refund sorted speedily,dont you think?

Neil.

7. VDubChick Forum Member

And maybe if you had called him instead of coming on here you would have heard that word!

As for the tyres you just dont get it do you, its not about you asking him, he did it to make things easier on you, Ive brought it up so show you that he did you favors even though he didnt have to. You speak as though he owed you a first class service even though you didnt pay for one and he added little extras.

The G60 conversion was for me in my cab but after he arranged it all with you, I decided that I didnt want the engine or the car. And so he decided not to let you down (as you didnt have any buyers for it anyway) he would take it over himself, but after the car was stolen he couldnt even do that. As for it ending up on ebay, I dont know anything about that but I know nick so if its true it was probably done so he could hold up his end of the bargain.

If you can get someone to do your wheels at that price and in that time I would love for you to post their information, we can all check it and youll be doing your fellow dubber a service.

At the end of the day this is not me saying that nick was right, he was wrong, but his only wrong doing was trying to do you a favour and putting the business before friends need.

8. VDubChick Forum Member

Neil. He was genuinely trying to get the wheels done on time. Despite you thinking he was fobbing you off, he wasnt, he was trying to get them done in between work. Sometimes straightforward things dont go to plan, he cant foresee problems with other work occurring.

I sort the money and deliveries out, he told me It needed to be done but because I didnt know the facts and in my mind I had other business priorities to sort I didnt think it would be a big deal. Im sorry; if I had known that was the case it would have been done the same day.

As you know before we moved the business we did have everything in place but how were we to know his own flesh and blood would **** him over. You know what went down so why are you even making these comments?

Look Im sorry for everything that has happened to you but this wasnt the way to go about it.

9. bula_82 Forum Junkie

Elly your missing the point, if he knew he was going to be in Oxford then why not tell me there was no chance of having the wheels done? Why not question me looking for other wheels when he was in theory working on getting mine done, surely he should be concerned he was doing work and i may not be having them after all?

I also classed Nick as a mate, which is why when the last complaint came up and was posted on Volksdevil a while ago I, among many other people on there stuck up for him.

No, ive luckily never sent him any money, and i wasn't promised anything, but i was continiously put off which is where my issue was.

I was quite happy saying I had mixed feelings about it and that i was sure there were some happy customers, but you didnt want to leave it there.

Im glad he's learnt his lesson from this, maybe in more way than one.

I only keep responing as you keep making it sound like the issues lie with the people that have been let down by Nick. If you want another response, then please, reply to me, if not then let it lie.

10. VDubChick Forum Member

This is what I’ve been trying to say all along, He didn’t know he was going to Oxford, it came up and he had to go, but before he knew he had to go he was aiming to get the wheels done. (A bolt snapped in a rim and he had to rush off to the engineers to get it drilled out asap, as the customers where coming to collect the next day)

I have openly said time and time again this is my and Nick’s fault but what I’m also stressing is that had Nick not been doing you or Neil a favour and you were customers and not mates. Your wheels would have got done in the time Nick had promised.

This is just getting silly, we are going over and over the same thing and I have to repeat my self over and over again.

It’s been 1 customer who has been let down by myself and again if I foresaw that I was going to be critically ill, Nick would have never taken the customers business. We have been able to resolve this situation with the customer in question so that’s that.

As far as I’m concerned Sheryl, you are not a customer so you have no reason to be on here dissing his business. Start up a new thread about how your mate did you wrong by putting his business first!

Leave it alone!

11. Admin Guest

so who do you class as customers and mates then?

any one off VD is a "mate" by the sounds of it?

12. VDubChick Forum Member

Customers pay full price and get prioritized because they pay our wages!

Mates get their wheels done without us making a profit. If anything Neils wheels cost us.

As for Sheryl, she wanted Wheels off our car which nick couldnt get to her in time, for less than the 4 new tires on the wheels cost us. (Nothing to do with the business).

To date we have done 2 favors and only one has come back and bite us in the ass!

And from this experience we will not be doing favors any more.

as for VD, Yes some are, he's met up with a lot of them and they knew him before he started the business and i think the main members were entitled to a discount because of Neil advertising the business (i think but don't hold me on that).

13. bula_82 Forum Junkie

14. VDubChick Forum Member

Sheryl You have beef with Nick not with Retro Wheels.

Take it up with him, his number is on his web site or I can pm it to you but for the love of god stay off this thread. it's about Retro Wheels.

Last edited: May 24, 2007
  15. thegolfman Forum Member

Why is this thread turning into a ****ging competition.

Nowt to do with me, but surely all the personal comments would be better in PM, no?

16. VDubChick Forum Member

I have done, as this matter does not concern the business.

17. dentman New Member

Who is SPACED?

Why the fu*k are you getting involed SPACED? its got nithing to do with you at all!! Do you not think we phoned, i phoned plenty of times and got excuse after excuse to the point that there was no point ringing him because i knew what i was going to get, you havent got a clue about any of this so keep ya fu*kin nose out!!!!!!!!!!

18. VDubChick Forum Member

Look lets just stop this right now.

We have resolved this issue there is no point in dragging it all up again.

If you have a problem with Spaced take it up with him via PM.

19. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

Im tired of the bullsh|t tbh...All i have to say now is...

1/For the third time.2 Quotes were obtained to powder coat the centers and polish the dish on a set of the same wheels.
    Both quotes came in at exactly the same 280,i will not repeat this again.[|)]

2/If id have known that Nick was refurbing my wheels inbetween work i wouldn't have friggingwell bothered [:s] Work is work...and i put it his way.

3/And about not paying...I can ****ing well guarentee that it would have been instant and in full.Once the wheels were actually done [:s] but they never feckingwell were.
    Im 110% glad i didn't get chance to pay,Look how long its taking to get my stuff/refund back[:x]

4/And Today is another day that my refund/parts have not turned up[:x]

Lastly...Just answer these 2 questions honestly and being straight up.

1/When were my tyres despatched?
    2/When were my center caps/bolts/key and cheque for refund despatched?

20. bula_82 Forum Junkie

I dont 'have beef' with anyone.... but surely if you want to play it like that then Nick should be responding, not you?

Does Nick not own / part own the Retro Wheels? And is this thread not about Retro Wheels...

I was quite happy to leave it as was in the other thread however you wanted to drag my name up again...

I was actually pretty much on the defense of Nick.... all those times people asked me when my wheels were coming I gave an excuse other than, dunno, sh*t customer service, no contact (my customers at work dont expect to have to keep calling me for into, I go to them, thought that was logic) and im fed up of asking, my replies were more that Nicks moving, then he's having a hard time, then, he's trying to get them done for me.

Ive not read your PM yet as im on my way out, however, I will, and i'll reply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.