Roll cage installation guide - illustrated to help with MSA compliance

Discussion in 'Track Prep & Tech' started by A.N. Other, Jul 3, 2008.

1. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Great thanks. Updates to that much appreciated.

2. Jools Forum Member

Just spoke to a tech guy at the MSA and he says: Cages which manufacturers build like Safety devices, who have had there cages built and tested in testing centres and have specced smaller tubes in places BUT have passed all the relevant testing can use smaller tubes, for the likes of door bars etc.

However if you or me are building cages, or custom cages for that fact, if we aren't going to have the cage tested at the test centres then we need to conform to the minimum requirements stated in the blue book, which are = 45x2.5mm tubes or 50x2mm tubes.

hope that helps. :thumbup:

3. majic79 Forum Member

I've been trying to find the info, I think I'm wrong about T45. Been speaking to a friend of mine, he's been involved in drag racing and he's telling me that there's a Chrome Moly alloy that's got a reduced life and common in the US drag scene, no specifics though and I can't find any references online. T45/Fe45 are supposed to be fine as far as I can tell and not require any extra special handling after welding/bending