Speedometer adapter(s)

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by GTI_LOUIS, Aug 28, 2023.

1. GTI_LOUIS New Member

That would be amazing mate, do you know if a Porsche 944 clock face would screw onto the mk2 clocks it’s the 180mph that’s making me think they maybe awkward to calibrate[:s].

2. costel1969

costel1969 Paid Member Paid Member

Having read this entire thread, I have only three words to describe it:

ABSOLUTE BALL ACHE

3. GTI_LOUIS New Member

:lol:It’s things like this that put “project 99% done” on eBay

costel1969 likes this.
  4. GTI_LOUIS New Member

Update for the thread, as rubjonny said there is a guy on FB called “Da Martin” doing the clock conversions taking the blue “tatty” ribbon off and replacing with a circuit board. The speedometer drive with a bmw part.

as soon as I have any response I’ll update the thread.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2023
  5. GTI_LOUIS New Member

Finally, update time. (Grab a beer I go on abit)

I got in contact with Martin and I had the wrong clocks so if I remember like @rubjonny said I will need ce2 mk2 clocks. I purchased them with a plug for £100 :cry: then sent them to Austria for £20 with Royal Mail (other postage services are available).

Martin asked if I wanted the ribbon replacing for a circuit board along with the speedometer adapter and new bulbs for the cluster and an increased speedo face to 190mph don’t think the little mk1 will be seeing that. :lol:

I then found out he had no circuit boards in stock for the new clocks so we agreed to leave the ribbon as it was good condition and not mandatory for the conversion.

The clocks got posted back and they cost €325 that includes everything, after 1 week I got them back and they look great. Very professional job, they came with instructions and a pin out (is in German).

I’ve fitted them to the car but have no rev counter as I’ve not got the adapter. Just awaiting a road test and will give a final update/review.

Thanks for reading guys:thumbup:

6. Savagesam

Savagesam Moderator Staff Member Moderator

That’s interesting.

I messaged this guy a while back but didn’t get very far