Steve jobs r.i.p

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Wez, Oct 6, 2011.

1. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

In case you've missed it on the news/twitter

2. dragonfly

dragonfly Paid Member Paid Member

Such a shame. RIP.

3. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

It's a publicity stunt to launch the ICoffin4

4. dragonfly

That's what the "S" stands for in 4S - Steve Jobs. But it dies as soon as you take it out of the box.

5. afbiker02

afbiker02 Paid Member Paid Member

R.I.P. Steve Jobs.

6. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

Rip Steve, he went so fast since he left apple.

Everyone is hearing about his death on a device he invented.

7. Dan W

Dan W CGTI Regional Host

Probably died of shame after the joke that is the iphone 4s.

8. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

He invented the TV?

9. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

There is nothing wrong with the 4S...

10. Dan W

Dan W CGTI Regional Host

No, it's just not the iPhone 5 like everyone thought it would be, instead it's just a slightly better iPhone4

11. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Very bad taste and totally not appropriate. Have a little respect. But its all i expect out this forum these days. Everyone trying too hard to try and be a comedian.

RIP to a true genius.

Posted a few comments on a couple of other forums this morning. Copied them over.

12. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

13. muppet9966 Forum Member

RIP
    Read about him on Wikipedia

14. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

If any of his family or close friends happen to read my comment and are offended by it I will offer an unreserved apology.

This happens every time a person in the public eye dies, although I'm not, and probably never will be, famous, if one person has a laugh as a result of my death its fine by me

15. dragonfly

Sorry Deako. :(

16. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

Don't be daft the name ITV was already taken:thumbup:

Opps, sorry, I'm being flippant again[:$]

17. PeeJay Forum Junkie

Shame to see such a tallented man die so young, but I'm not offended by the jokes and such.

He made more money than almost any other man alive, by marketing clever products, and his public persona was a big part of all that, he had a very private, private life but much money and time was put into thrusting his image into the limelight, almost to give the impression it was all run by him at the same time as he was bashing away in the lab every night personally inventing the next Mac, Ipad or pod.

So am I offended by some, pretty lightweight in the terms of 'death jokes' comments about his passing? Nope, do I suspect that anyone who knew him personally will ever read them, nope.

18. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Clearly he was a genius and has died far too young.

He is also the man who held the (co)responsibilty for training a society (of ?morons / gratuitous consumers) to accept that when one product is launched, the next two are already on the bench being tested for release in an incredibly short space of time, eroding the (perceived) value of any existing product. The lifecycles are so short, I call it 'Apple tax', and I am surprised folk are willing to accept this. I won't and I find it deeply cynical and patronising.

It is for this reason, the business model Apple uses etc, that I will not touch any Apple product, because I know the rug will get pulled in no time. It taints the image and undoubtedly excellent achievements Steve Jobs can be credited with.

19. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

This isnt the place to discuss this, but you are so very very wrong Chris. HTC release a new Android based phone every couple of months. Nokia release new phones every other week. Samsung have released 2x versions of their Galaxy smartphone since the iPhone 4 was released, with another on the way in the new year.

They are a technology company that produce refreshes to their product lines on an annual basis. Clearly you dont realise that other manufacturers release product updates monthly. Its just that they dont get launched in the same manner with the same enthusiasm and passion.

What are they supposed to do? Release one model and leave it for 5 years? Thats not how a comapny should operate and they would sooon be out of business.

Its your loss at the end of the day. Missing out on some of the best technology and implementation of features in the industry.

20. Dan W

Dan W CGTI Regional Host

The guy was a genius and I'm a HUGE apple fan, I'm posting on my iPhone4 as we speak, I've has iPhones since the first was released, I'm also fully aware of his illness and I'll be very surprised if anyone is offended by what I wrote. The guy has thousands of posts of condolences all over the web, I don't think a post on a vw forum will upset anyone