Studs car gets broken into!

Discussion in 'Security' started by Studweiser, Aug 19, 2005.

1. Studweiser Forum Member

Bit of a long story, starts off back in June when I,m waiting at set red lights on rainy night just after midnight. basicly car with four girls doesn't notice the red light or my motor until it's too late. Bang! any after going thru the procedure with insurance the car's eventually the body shop. been there a month now, still waiting for new flush tailgate to come from premier. reason it's in this paintshop is 'cos my mate who's done all the paint on my car so far is now working there and i trust him 100% to do a pukker job.

any way car's been in there a month, i thought i'd pop over there yesterday to see how things are progressing. I get there in the hire car and see that my n/s/r window is open.. think nothing of it cos sometimes it stops working(there's intermittant fault that i've yet to rectify).
    any as I walk past the car to reception i hear the battery siren faintly going. "ah , battery flat, told 'em about the fan in the headunit that'll drain battery if keys in it in workshop , they've forgot, no prob"
    i go into reception, goverer eventually comes out, "we're having major, problem with your car" ,
    "go on" i say laughing.
    "someone's broke in and knicked all your sounds"
    i felt myself go faint. "your kidding, right"
    "no, i'm not"
    we go out look at car, dvd/sat nav head unit gon. hide away unit gon. four channel amp gon. he tells me he thinks they must have been on foot, and that why they un screwed sub and left box. said it happened during day. said the alarm was on and they checked it was working after and it was. COURSE IT BL00DY WAS,I FITTED IT. CAR'S DONE UP TIGHTER THAN FORT KNOX .
    seemed bit suss to me, how during broad day light, all this stuff went from my car and they didn't hear alarm cos of noisey equiptment in workshop. all adjacent firms cctv has been checked ,nothing. I asked if he trust all his staff 100%, he says "absolutely"
    any way he says it's happened while in his car and all stuff is being replaced. I'm fitting stuff myself, well that's what I used to do isn't it. he did offer to hav it installed for me, but i declined the offer.

Now comes the shocking bit, see my mate before I leave, reasure him, cos he must've felt damm awkward about what's happened, he'd known for several days, wanted to tell me but would hav put him on the spot with the bosses, and it was there job to inform me.
    I then find out the truth, the car was broken into twice, both times overnight when the boss has already told it was indoors over night. i happened the first night it got left in the compound, they came in in the morning and door was ajar. i told him instantly , someone had the key, when it's locked it's deadlocked, you cannot lift button and open doors! it got done again a second time, this time window broken. all glass has security film on, someone really struggle this time round, (that's when sub went)
    he's told me they do suspect car cleaner, i can't tell the bosses what he's told me 'cos I don't wanna cause probs for him at work.
    the cleaner has all his mates round during lunch on their scooter moped things. they have been eying my car. It's quite likely that the "break-in" was set up and it was quite easy for my keys to be got from cupboard and alarm disarmed just before locking building up.
    can't prove it's this guy or his mates, but it seems likely as he got pretty hostile when bosses told they didn't want his mates coming round anymore. "WOT , U ACCUSING MY MATES" maybe it's just me, but i don't get on the defencive like that, i think that's how a guilty person would react, but that's only my oppinion.
    Here come's another crunch, one of the mates eying up my motor drives a VR6, he may well read this, i don't care. All the stuff's being relaced at no cost to me, and if you have got my stuff, you won't be wanting to put it in your car now, 'cos every will know where it came from.
    i don't think he'll read this though, doesn't sound like a club type person.
    Edited by: Studweiser

2. mark Forum Member

:o :thumbd:
    at least they are replacing all the equipment.

3. gti8v Forum Member

what a bunch o cnuts [:x]

thing is what's to say they've not had keys cut while it's been there?
    christ this sort of stuff p1sses me off, [:x]

4. Andy947 Forum Addict

[:x] [:x] [:x] [:x]

Assholes

5. ^neo^ Forum Junkie

Croydon eh, cant trust any f**ker.

Glad they're going to replace it all m8.

Welcome back btw, ya seem to have been away a while !

6. craggsy Forum Member

Gutted for you as your car is sweet as a nut as well

7. Studweiser Forum Member

did wanna punch the boss's partners lights out, but 1, he's twice size of me, & 2, I want my stuff replacing. apparently he's good at opening mouth before thinking.
    he says to me which "head unit did you have there's three?" this is after i've given 'em model numbers.i say no there's only one, he say's his mate in the trade who gonna supply this stuff says there three with that model number, i produce the box and the brochure, tell him "up til last year when i gave it up to try bus driving i used to fit all this stuff, there's only one." He say's that's why you're a bus driver and my mate's a millionare"
    let's just say, those of you that know me, that was the wrong thing to say . I did struggle to bite my tongue.
    oh well at the end of this , i should have all new latest stuff, and I know my mate will do pukker job with paint, he always does.
    Think I'll wait til he changes firms again before I get the stone chipped front sorted out though :)

8. craggsy Forum Member

I'd of kicked the boss in the knackers....but well done on the tongue biting :clap:

9. altern8 Forum Junkie

fatherless child chavs [:x]

10. VR6Will Forum Member

11. mr.brown

mr.brown Paid Member Paid Member

If I can help mate, give me a bell ;)

12. madmonkey Forum Addict

Harsh, well harsh. [:x]

Sounds dodgy as f*ck dude. [8(]

The big boss man sounds like a dumb f*ck too. [:x] [:x] Ignorant t*at. [:x]

13. MrBen Forum Junkie

That's really crappy Paul, hope you get it all sorted.

14. Lillpete Forum Member

But on a plus side if they'd levered the door open in a car park and grabbed the gear rather than in the paint shop, you'd have a knackered door (yet more painting) and insurance companies to argue with over values and excesses to pay.

At least this way your getting new gear with no cost.

Not much consilation I know:(

15. jjarvis Forum Junkie

16. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Forum Member

[:^(] thats bullsh*t

17. AndyCEB Forum Junkie

[8(] [8(] Heartbraking mate, story sounds dodgey as f**k but atleast you can leave them to it knowing that you will be getting all your stuff replaced!

Keep an eye on ebay for a few weeks I think!

18. thebluebus Forum Junkie

fair play for keeping your cool. I'd have f*cking hit the pr!!ck [:x]

19. Studweiser Forum Member

didn't know whether he was slating me for being a bus driver or suggsting I wasn't good enough in the car radio/security business that i left to be a bus driver. either way i was insulted, but bite my tongue I did.... well I want my stuff replaced.
    He doesn't know that his best painter is considering bus driving now , when he heard how much I'm earning now.

20. roccogirl Forum Member

Glad you got it sorted Paul - just proves what kn*bbers there are out there as well as common criminals!