The 80's retro Mk2 Golf appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by retrowhore, Feb 24, 2012.

1. editionone Forum Member

Ive just sold this to someone!

[​IMG]

Heres something u may like,its a genuine Oettinger steering wheel made by MOMO,been in my parents loft for a few yrs.I got it from a guy who used to work for Oettinger back in the 80`s when they use to do proper stuff to VW`s,not like they do nowadays! He had an Oettinger scirocco mk2 that this used to be in and used to be very good friends with the original owner.He also told me that when he got it new,it was the equivelent to around €400 now!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. retrowhore Forum Member

Now that I would like.

3. Admin Guest

Well my 6 year search to find missing bits and replace my broken bits of Zender kit has come to an end. Finally I can finish my GTi Engineering RE1900 golf [:D] I just hit the buy it now button on this bit of retro awesomeness (Thanks to Paul for helping me to hit that buy it now button ;) You're a bad influence! lol):

[​IMG]

My car will look like this when it's finished but I have a 4-door car kit with Zender sports wheels:

[​IMG]

Earlier on I managed to get this to replace my broken front valance ( Thanks to Danny and another forum member for arranging the collection of it :thumbup:):

[​IMG]

This is my favourite piece of GTi Engineering kit to go on the car:

[​IMG]

Matt.

4. retrowhore Forum Member

Can't wait to see this up and running. Glad to be of help. :thumbup:

5. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

I mean this in the nicest possible way, you two have a borderline OCDlol

6. retrowhore Forum Member

Just 'borderline' LOL?

You have to think this is just one of 5 cars I have at the moment. All of them just as daft/anal ;)

7. smp1987 Forum Member

i nearly hit the buy it now button on that grill last night! thought i would give myself a day to think it over lol

8. Admin Guest

Ermm maybe a retro OCD? It's an age thing lol

lol I wanted to go through the best offer route but I sat there and thought about it, noticed somebody had put the grille on a forum link and decided that I couldn't risk not hitting the BIN button asap. It's going to a good home on a fully Zender kitted car :thumbup:

9. Dennis10

Dennis10 Forum Member

Some of these look absolutely stunning, it makes you realise just what a fantastic looking car the mk2 Golf was and still is, especially when compared with the dross on offer nowadays!

As an aside, don't supposed anyone has a small bumper mk2 BBS kit for sale do they? I've been keeping an eye out for awhile, but just don't see them around.

10. smp1987 Forum Member

Retro has a votex golf for sale atm going for good money too i would have it but funds a tight not a BBS kit but close and some say better looking

11. retrowhore Forum Member

12. retrowhore Forum Member

13. smp1987 Forum Member

Bit of a retro parts bin job there i think, Still very nice and retro shame its a 5dr

14. CalVW New Member

Great thread! I have had my Zender Z2 Golf since it was new in 1988, and it's still the only car I own. Unfortunately I'm also stuck in the 80s, so can someone tell me how to post a pic? What do I have to do to place the pic in a "URL?" Cheers.

15. Fray16v Forum Member

16. smp1987 Forum Member

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  17. CalVW New Member

Zender to BBS

Just back from the bodyshop last night [​IMG]after removing the Zender Z6 kit and replacing it with BBS. Also had to repair the rust around the windshield, replace the glass and the rubber gutters.

18. Admin Guest

Actually Gaz you're right, time to come clean I have just bought this golf:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It has a very rare Pfeba kit fitted and I've been looking for one for many, many years now. Got to save these old classics. It'll go really well with my white Zender kitted golf can't wait to get some pics of them side by side when they're finished , retro heaven me thinks ;)

19. Dennis10

Dennis10 Forum Member

You greedy sonofa...!! Godammit! I want a BBS (or other) small bumper kit for my mk2!! It's not fair, you're stealing all of them!! :cry: lol

20. smp1987 Forum Member

Glad someone saved its i didin't think it was a BBS kit look very special though what the overall condition like?