The best polish!!!

Discussion in 'Styling, Trim and Bodywork' started by andy216, Jul 7, 2009.

1. beetie

beetie Forum Member

no need as it's all in one (contains sealant)[:D]
    http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/klass...uage=&osCsid=0dfe23883b431471cb3e66f9f1b0013d

edit: carlack nano is the same stuff. plus you can get it in a kit form with the wax i recommended earlier for ultra protection
    http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/complete-detailing-kits/collinite-476s-carlack-kit/prod_408.html

if the car is badly faded then it will still be hard work and all paint varies

Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  2. gtijon Forum Member

I love Collinite 476s as a wax. However, they now reckon that Autoglym HD outlasts it (no idea if this is true or not, I read it in an Autoexpress test - Autoglym have full page ads in most car magazines, not seen a Collinite one yet). You can get it free with some subscriptions to car mags, or buy it for 20 on ebay.

The only other polish I use is Farecla G10, which is a much milder cut. Using G3 and G10 you can make paint like a mirror.

3. Dougie Paid Member Paid Member

Leon Cupra R - thanks.

4. IWantAGTi Forum Member

Thanks guys.
    The only reason I asked about a sealant on top of the Klasse AIO is that when I googled it, a few results came back with people using the AIO and then a seperate glaze on top.

Does the AIO have any decent cutting power? Or should I cut first and then use it. I know it says AIO but I do have a red Mk2 golf who has reached his 18th birthday!

5. IWantAGTi Forum Member

This kit looks good. Will it provide enough cut for poorly red paintwork? When I say poorly, it buffs up nice, but does require some elbow grease, however the oxidation marks can be stubborn and I have never managed to remove them all from the bonnet, so need something a little tough.

And another question, is it better to use any of the these products with a machine polisher?

Also is the stuff above better than a farecla G3, G10 combo?

6. lard44 Forum Member

If used properly, a machine polisher will always outperform hand polishing (and be a darn site easier too). However there is obviously the added expense...

It's recommended that you use Farecla with a machine but you can still get a good finish by hand, but not AS good IMHO.

7. IWantAGTi Forum Member

Thanks.
    So the Klasse/Carlack nano stuff for hand polishing, and the farecla G3/g10 combo for machine polishing.
    Sorted. :)