The difficult third project...

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by PAB, Aug 5, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Dan W

Dan W CGTI Regional Host

Fail horrendously on corrosion? ;)

Tbh it's about time you scrapped it. Might even get 100 weighing it in :p

2. PAB

PAB CGTI Regional Host

It's a documentation issue... Or the lack of that is the problem.... MOT went ok as I hoped.... Couldn't get the Tax as the V5 seems to have gone for a walk during the move...

100!! Surely all the heavy MDF would push it to at least 125??

Hope your well Dan?

We went in the Monza Valver, I'll post a pick when I get time.

3. G28OPN Forum Member

Are you able to tax it online?

4. PAB

PAB CGTI Regional Host

Not without the code number on the V5c. I've ordered a new one today, takes 3-5 days.

5. afbiker02

afbiker02 Paid Member Paid Member

You can use the notification you got in the post to renew your tax can't you?

6. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

which you don't get if it's mid way though a SORN, I've tried it and been kicked back for all papers inc V5 that was last month to Tax the Mars Orange MK1!!

glad it's nothing too serious PAB :o
    :thumbup:

7. PAB

PAB CGTI Regional Host

Thanks Chris, yeah it's mid SORN so no joy there! LOL...

8. Dan W

Dan W CGTI Regional Host

All good this end thanks. I'll catch up with you again at inters next month hopefully

9. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

10. G28OPN Forum Member

11. PAB

PAB CGTI Regional Host

I spoke with the DVLA in Swansea this morning, you can no longer get a duplicate V5c from any of the local offices, only by post from Swansea... Anyway I'm in no rush for the sake of a couple of days waiting...

I'll be all sorted for the first outing of the year at the Prept Showdown a week on Saturday at Brands Hatch

12. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

The local office don't issue it, you just put the application in with them, but if you've got all the other relevant documentation you can at least tax it there and then. :thumbup:

13. savintheuk Forum Member

A richly deserved win at Inters yesterday[:D]

alanbe2 likes this.
  14. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

alanbe2 likes this.
  15. Dan W

Dan W CGTI Regional Host

What did you win? I voted you in first place as I think the car fully deserved it and you said nice things about mine! :thumbup:

alanbe2 likes this.
  16. PAB

PAB CGTI Regional Host

Hello all, I've been a bit distracted over the last 6-8 months what with house restoration and tings... one of them being no internet access at home, well that has been corrected and now I'm back and fully connected....

I want to update on a few things we've been to over the last few weeks so here we go...

Dubs Mania, this is a show run by the Ultimate dubs crowd and is set in the grounds of Weston Park near Telford, its run along with another show called Retro Rides so you get some great metal turning up from other manufacturers too. I pulled Tornado out for this but wasn't really best prepared, the MOT was failed for an Airbag warning light that is now fixed and the V5c went for a walk during the house move, with new V5c in hand everything is sorted and you guessed it... the old V5c has now turned up!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

As Alicia and I were going with Adi he took his Saab Turbo and we went in his Monza Valver, thanks mate your a star. We had a great chilled weekend and the car looked and went superb... Really can't understand why it doesn't get trophies though?? answers on a postcard please...

Monza Valver on the show field.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After Dubs Mania I got the car sorted and we answered the call of PVW for their stand of Tornado Red Mk2 Golfs for the Prept Showdown at Brands Hatch race track. We had a good run down on the Friday evening stopped in the hotel by the track and had another great relaxed day meeting old friends, catching up and polishing cars.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then we did our local pub classic car meet on a Wednesday evening, The Griffins Head @ Papplewick, Notts. first and third Wednesday of the month from March to October, more great cars to see there too.
    [​IMG]

And finally to Inters 2013, a new venue/era... when the team at Autometrix settle after this last weekend I think GTI International with grow back towards the top of the tree as far as shows go, all the ingredients are there and with some more organising its gonna be stella!!

The weather was awesome and we had an ace weekend.

On Saturday we were Runner-up (again)........ BUT on Sunday at last after three years trying on the cars third birthday it finally WON Best Mk2 Golf at GTI International... the one I really wanted. I so very made up I still can't stop smiling.

Thanks to all those who stopped to chat about the car and catch up and special thanks Alicia who is so supportive and to Adi & Mark who have put up with three years of moaning and grumpiness. Cheers.

Saturday
    [​IMG]

Sunday
    [​IMG]

Oh and cheers Dan, it was good to catch up and yes your car is one I always like to see :-)

PAB.

1990 likes this.
  17. vw_singh Events Team Paid Member

Well deserved indeed! I have seen very few put together a car with such care and attention as yourselves.

Although my personal opinion is that the car needs a 4 lamp grill lol.

Gurds

18. magzm8

magzm8 Forum Member

Great to meet you on Saturday PAB. I was the guy in the floppy hat and white shirt that asked you to pop the bonnet.
    Fantastic car and as I said on the day, a fascinating thread that Iv'e read again today.

Well done, well deserved :thumbup:

19. bones

bones Paid Member Paid Member

well done Phil!!
    : ))

20. sambo Paid Member Paid Member