The Paranormal

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by veedubnutz, Jan 15, 2006.

1. veedubnutz Forum Junkie

Just curious as to who on here beleives in the paranormal and spirits? Whos sceptical? And who has actually had experiences. I know its a crap program, but I have been watching most haunted at leap castle in ireland... and it has to be one of the most curious places I have heard of, with an apparent haunting by an "elemental".
    It really does make you wonder whats out there which we do not yet know and/or understand... and just because we cannot explain something with our current science, it does not mean its not real.

So who wants to start the ball rolling?

2. darrynK

darrynK Forum Addict

i do.

too many things have happened for me not to believe...

3. veedubnutz Forum Junkie

Care to elaborate....?

I think one of the only experiences I have had was when I was younger. We were on holiday in some old farm cottage in cornwall, twas first thing in the morning... I went downstairs to the lounge(was a funny arrangement), to get something out of the lounge. I saw an older lady sat in the chair in front of me who i thought was my nan, so went back upstairs and said "oh yeah nans downstairs" to my mum.. she turned round and said "no, shes still asleep upstairs". Was very peculiar.
    Edited by: veedubnutz

4. darrynK

darrynK Forum Addict

i'd be here for hours - one of the more recent episodes involved me playing music on my pc while i was in the house alone. i jumped in for a shower.
    while i was in the shower i was aware of the music stopping. not thinking too much about it, finished shower, got dried and walked back into room where the pc is...

not only had the music stopped, the pc was switched off and the plug unplugged from the wall
    [:s]

5. monza 16v Forum Member

Thats fucking weird... [:s]
    Actually, I seem to remember a thread you started about that a while back.

6. veedubnutz Forum Junkie

Thats scary mate.... Ive always had some kind of connection with these things to an extent i think. I can walk into a place where my friends feel nothing, and i can pick up on a bad vibe within the place. There are certian places that I am so uncomfortable i have to leave.

7. darrynK

darrynK Forum Addict

i feel uncomfortable in this flat [:|]

last night an ENORMOUS floor-shaking bang woke both of us up. no idea what it was. sounded like bedroom door slamming full force - just wish i could remember whether it was me that closed before i went to bed it last night, or not [:|]
    Edited by: darrynK

8. martyn_16v Forum Junkie

I had a very similar experience at uni. Was at the tail end of our house warming party, only the 3 of us that lived there were left finishing up the last of the drink, listening to music in the lounge. Then someone had the clearly fantastic idea (at the time) of going up to one of our rooms to hotbox the walk in wardrobe :lol:

Halfway through said smoky-cupboard experience we heard a faint knocking sound from downstairs, and then the music went off suddenly. When we went back down we discovered that as well as the music going off, the TV was on and showing not-tuned-in-snow, and there was a cold draft coming through the room :o

Turns out some scallies had come in through the back door and robbed us of the stereo and video player while we were upstairs getting stoned in a cupboard. Was great fun trying to explain what the fuck we were doing to the Police when they finally turned up a couple of hours later. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Somewhere I did actually have a photo we took of us all in the cupboard while we were being burgled :lol:

9. veedubnutz Forum Junkie

Thats pretty funny! Has noone else had any genuine experiences then?

10. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Back when I was at school, I was in bed in the house one night and heard an enormous bang. My window blew open and then broke.
    Happily, it ws just an enormous bomb and not a ghost...... :lol:

11. JEZ

Jez Forum Member

My Aunt does seances every month or so and my parents attend quite regularly. I've been invited, but figured being a sceptical chap it wouldn't work for me and probably mess it up for everyone else.

When I was going through a bit of a bad patch a couple of years ago my parents came home from one of the seances and told me how they have been contacted by one of my late relatives (can't remember who now).

Apparantly they were watching over me when I had my car accident. This being the accident where my car was speared by about three or four fence posts. One of which missed my chest by a couple of inches and took out my right arm [8(].

They knew what sort of recovery I'd make and when I'd start my new job (which I hadn't applied to at that point).

Perhaps it's something my parents told me to make me feel better, but I like to think that someone/thing saved me that night :)

12. veedubnutz Forum Junkie

Yeah that was a nasty accident IIRC Jez. Long time no speak mate!

13. b'locks Forum Addict

Me and an ex had various strange things happen to us in my old flat. I can't be bottomd to go into detail but they mostly involved items being thrown at us, bizarre noises (one of which was so close to me that I actually jumped back in complete terror and couldn't go back in the room for ages), and just a general feeling of dread.

One thing is worth noting is that I'm a very skeptical person when it comes to this kind of thing and I can safely say that nothing weird has happened in my 2 years of living in my new house. I can even walk around in complete darkness in this house and feel 100% comfortable with my surroundings. I could never do that in the old flat, which was half the size and quite a bit older. There was just a general feeling about the place...

14. b'locks Forum Addict

Oh and btw one of my mum's old houses where we lived as a family until I was 4, was actually visited by a priest after the new owners caught light of something (my mum was friends with the new owners).

Apparently lots of sh** happened there but my mum refuses to discuss any of it with me. I actually find this really disturbing seeing as my mum isn't the kind of person to believe in ghosts or anything and is actually a really down to earth woman.

According to my mum, the new owners did some research into the house and discovered that one of the original builders hung himself in there whilst it was still under construction. [xx(]

15. veedubnutz Forum Junkie

Good god! That place probably needed blessing! Id really like to experience something like that, a) to be poo scared and b) confirm to me what I think is real

16. superden Forum Addict

I, like others, am a bit of a sceptic about these things. I think a great many `experiences` are nothing more than fear taking control and the subconscious playing tricks on people. But I have had some genuinely odd/strange experiences in certain places.

As a child growing up in the family home, I distinctly remember feeling that I was being watched. It wasnt malevolent, just a feeling that someone was there. Later on, I did some research into the property and discovered that it was destroyed (along with several other properties) one night in 1941 by a German bomb. Two people, the elderly residents, were killed in the house which was subsequently rebuilt in the late 1940`s.

Prior to finding this out, I awoke one night as the room was particularly cold. At the end of my bed were two people, an woman and a man. The man didnt say anything but the woman told the man to stop teasing me and leave me alone. At that point I closed my eyes (as kids generally do) and went back to sleep. It was so vivid I often wonder if I was dreaming, or if I was in that state where you are half awake/half asleep. Finding out about the bomb sent a chill down my spine I can tell you.

Many people dismiss it as they cant explain it, or because theres no physical proof. But I always say look at it the other way, theres no proof that it doesnt exist. Not long ago man was sure the earth was flat, and that we were the centre of the universe. Mankind makes dicoveries and holds these facts to be absolutes, only to discover later that he was wrong all along. As a people, mankind hasnt even scratched the surface yet. So to dismiss the paranormal is nothing more than ignorance.
    Edited by: superden

17. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

"It's all in the mind"....... so are Isaac Newton's equations, but they are still true.
    Courtesy of Robert Pirsig.......

18. capnahab Forum Member

I've never had any such experience and i'm very sceptical. My GF's mother swears blind shes seen ghosts but I recon its twoddle.

But I maybe proven wrong one day, you never know.

19. martyn_16v Forum Junkie

....ish. They're good enough generalisations for the everyday world, but are far from right when you get right down to the small (big?) stuff. Quantum reality makes the paranormal look fairly plain tbh [:s] :lol:

20. spaced Forum Member

I've had a similar experience, living in a old miners cottage in the valleyieeeees of Wales. I saw roughly the same sort of thing, except a big man, with old scraggy clothes on. He was in my room, at the end of my bed.

I was laying there blinking for about 5 minutes, and whatever I saw wouldn't 'dissapear'. I sometimes think that my dream was painted onto my surroundings in a half awake sort of state, but sometimes I freak out when hearing an old lady speak of a man fitting the same description that used to live here.

Some of the poo i've done in that room I tell you - he must be having a ball :lol: :lol: