THIS is a big 16v throttle body

Discussion in '16-valve' started by flusted, Jan 27, 2005.

1. smithy Forum Member

So does it have more low down poke with the new throttle body?

2. ereeiz Forum Member

Did you notice its real snatchy on/off type power off the line? Sounds like its had the same effect de-wedging the TB on a G40 has. [:D]
    If it is, your right foot and clutch will have fun in traffic :lol:

3. flusted Forum Member

Yeah,thats what its like! Think of the standard linkage on a normal tb,it does about 180 degrees from shut to both flaps open,this one has half that so like 90 degress.That means you have to press the pedal half the distance to get the same affect! think fuel consumption is guna suffer!
    Smithy,it deffinetley responds alot better on the throttle and i think it does pull harder at about 5k but i put a bigger zorst on wednesday,the 50mm on thursday and this on sunday so its hard to get a grip of wots doin wot as i only took it for a thrash properly yesturday

4. smithy Forum Member

Best to get it on the rollers and test it side by side with the other one i'd say, then you'll see where the gains are really at. Snatchyness sounds a bit like my Honda XR600 Enduro bike, (4 stroke single) i've got a 49mm Kehin carb on that, and it makes the off idle respose rather snatchy because of the huge size of the throttle slide.

5. flusted Forum Member

This one is 60mm and i know what you mean by "snatchy"