Turbo on its last legs, n75 fault?

Discussion in 'Diesel' started by Dubnutter, Mar 26, 2012.

1. m1keh Forum Member

Pretty much the same amount of boost I believe.

2. Dubnutter Forum Member

I have a spare gt15 at home, iv polished the inner hot side and enlarged the entry and exit on the cold side. I need to look into a possible hybrid 15. Or go for a k14 with a mk2 1.6 td manifold. Its a mild size improvment with mid-top range gain at a slight lag panelty. But this can be controled with tuneing and the water/meth injection.

3. Seatman Forum Member

The AGR uses a waste gate type too, no idea if it's bigger or better but might be an easy fit. Ideally though would be to do a vnt conversion, that'd give you more room for more boost and more grins.

4. Dubnutter Forum Member

Not into vnt's, they dont suit my driving style. I quiet enjoy a bit of lag followed by the surge, more fun than a v6 like power curve the vnt gives. Quiet a bit cheaper and easier to tune too [:D]

5. Seatman Forum Member

I didn't have any lag with the AGR at all, it just took off like a mad thing when you planted the foot lol. I like the simplicity of the wastegate but now I have a vnt I'm a convert for sure, the boost is just superb from the get go.

Tell you what though, your car looks well tidy in your sig pics for a Mk3. Moocho impressedo

6. Dubnutter Forum Member

Lol. Im just good with photography angles, its actualy showing its age quite badly. Im trying to source a cheap 5 door gti in the same colour to upgrade and repair so it meets gttdi spec (built, not existing).

I like it because its getting 750miles to a tank and it goes well for a derv.