UNBELIEVABLE? - 2 Seater Car with 4 Doors!

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by Dave, Apr 10, 2022.

1. Dave

Dave *Very Smart* Pedantic Old Fart Paid Member

Those who know me understand that I don't like 4 or 5 door cars.
    (Uglier - Heavier - Less Stiff - More to go wrong)

I was looking at which manufactures still produce a 3 door performance hatchback.
    I researched all of the major manufactures and I found just two: Toyota and Cooper Works.
    (Mind you if you want the most powerful Cooper it has to have 5 or 6 doors.)

What I also found was a famous manufacture who, in the past, used to make one of the most superb high-performance 2 door cars, has made a modern version with the same name.

The 'beautiful' 1960s car is a 4 seater-2 door race winner which established the famous name, whereas the new car is an 'ugly' 2 seater-4 door.

Are they joking or what!?

I have thought for years that, if the maker exactly reproduced the 1960s car with a few modern touches, they would sell like hot-cakes. When I say modern touches I don't mean: Leather, Air-Con, Hi-Fi, Electric Windows, Sat-Nav, or any other of the unnecessary weight adding rubbish.

Anyways-Up.

GUESS WHO?

Forgot to say.
    They did build a concept car which was a modern clone of the original.
    Check this thread:

https://clubgti.com/forums/index.php?threads/lancia-delta-timeless-design-resurected.291884/

Last edited: Apr 10, 2022