Washer jets on wiper arm...?

Discussion in 'Styling, Trim and Bodywork' started by Tubthumped, Oct 9, 2004.

1. mattygti8v New Member

yeah i did drill a hole and fitted a grommet but it doesnt look that bad!!! [:D] i dont have a part number no but i do have a spare one in the house i might be interested in selling :lol:

2. Tubthumped Forum Junkie

PM me... ;)

3. Andy947 Forum Addict

Eh, jus go to a carpark, have a look for a 405, look at the setup, see how it works, then simply remove it and fit it to yours for free :)

4. Tubthumped Forum Junkie

5. Valver Forum Member

Tubs> you could always do it like the old Awesome GTI 20vt synchro - have the washer jet located just above the windscreen on the roof spraying down.... ;)

6. Andy99 Forum Member

or put a single washer jet in the blanking plug for the LHD wiper and aim it across the screen. if it is a twin jet thing you can aim one each at the driver and passenger side of the screen.

7. Vduber Forum Member

problem is the wind catches it and it gets in your turbulance and nothing gets on ya screen

8. jmallows Forum Member

If you'll excuse the poor quality picture.....
    :p
    [​IMG]
    And on the rear too.....
    [​IMG]

9. cforehead Forum Member

WTF? Do you follow a lot of tractors or something?!

Fordo!

10. jmallows Forum Member

Fordo???

No, i just wanted something to do... It's also a good upgrade cos it uses less water!!

Oh, and the rear one was just pooe before. Now though, it's lower so the jet goes under the wiper arm, instead of hitting it, so works all the way... if you know what i mean?!

11. cforehead Forum Member

Yeah I do mate, I had to hold my rear one on for about 20 mins before it'd work this afternoon.

Fordo! (Cus that's my name...) :lol:

12. jmallows Forum Member

Oh yeah :p

If you want instructions on how to fit the rear uprade, then let me know... althogh i doubt you'd need it, it is fairly simple!

Likewise with front..

13. barny Forum Member

go the citroen/pug route

14. Jetta Forum Junkie

Fordo, thats class, I might fit an extra pair of heated washers, I'll takem off the Jetta I'm breaking.

Will a heated one fit the rear?

15. jmallows Forum Member

They were my pics!!!

ANyay, yes the heasted washer will fit on the rear, but it will be quite a bit harder....

It's a cross shaped hole at the moment right.... To fit a normal one on, i just made the hole square, with a file, then it fits in at the front, and the clip at the back holds it up, and you have to just silicone it in, to make it look neat, and to stop it wobbling about! The heated jet is a lot bigger, so will need a much bigger hole, more filing for you then! Also, it works much better if the clip sits on the body, to make the jets point down a bit more, this would be harder with the heated jet...

Does that make sense??

Oh, and why would you want a heated jet on the rear, you have a heated screen??!! On the front though, in those little holes.... Extra heated ones, very good idea ;) :)

16. Jetta Forum Junkie

Ooops Sorry jmallows [:$],
    good point about the heated rear screen, anyway I only have two spare heated jets, and two spare none heated jets, so I'll fit the heated ones to the bonnet and look into fitting one of the normal ones to the boot lid.

17. Davs Forum Member

is it possible to fit heated washer jets to a car that hasn't got them?

18. Jetta Forum Junkie

Yes, piece of urine just pop out your old jet and replace with the new ones and wire to an ignition live (through a fuse) and ground. Some say they have different holes in the bonnet, but my E reg bonnet with non heated washer jets has the same holes as my H reg bonnets which have heated jets.

19. Davs Forum Member

i've bought a mint genuine VW bonnet (2nd hand) but forgot to check the washer jet holes like a joey! [8(]

turns out they're different. looks like i'll have to mod the holes before i get it painted

20. jmallows Forum Member

I never knew the holes were different.... When i did the rear washer mod, i used one of the front jets, then i went to the scrappy to get a new jet.... it turned out to be a heated one... Fits fine.

Although, i did have problems wiring them up.... It is just +12, and 0 earth right? They didn't seem to be working.... Is there a decent way to check?