webber carbs for drivers?

Discussion in 'Carburettor' started by luminosa, Jan 15, 2007.

1. timbutjack Forum Member

webcon is the place in sunbury, main weber dealer in england i think, they sell all parts separatly, ill have a look for the part no. for the adapter plate if you want

2. SirGeekalot Forum Member

i wouldn't worry about it mate.

decided to sell the carb and buy a kit from southern carbs. i was missing too many pieces, and thought this would be a lot easier than having to stop everytime and order a new part.

also, it came from a fiat 1300 so setting up would have been a total pain in the hole.

thanks anyway...

ps the old carb is in the parts for sale threads.

3. SirGeekalot Forum Member

quick question, what do you do with the hoses that originally went on the pierburg? think they're coolant hoses.

can i just plug them up? or do i have to do something with them, also, what about all the electric cabling for the autochoke?

dont really just wanna leave them hanging about.

if anyone is in the redhill area and has a clue what to do, gimme a shout, i'll take you for a beer if you can help.

cheers.

4. timbutjack Forum Member

one of them comes off and doesnt need to be used, pretty hard to explain

nothing needs blocking up, once one of them has been taken off both the ends plug into each other. like i said hard to explain lol.

ill get some pics in the morning and post them up

5. timbutjack Forum Member

i just wrapped the ends of the electrical wires in tape and tied them upto the bulkhead somewhere which reminds me i saw one hanging off earlier i need to tie up

6. SirGeekalot Forum Member

the two that are circled below, i think, where for the Pierburg auto choke. how do i connect them together, piece of small gauge piping?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

also, can anyone describe which wire is used for the heater element? the Weber instruction are far from descriptive..

7. Sciroccotune Forum Member

could someone please post the instructions that come with the webber as i would like to check mine is set up correctly etc [:$] [:D]

8. SirGeekalot Forum Member

i'll try and get mine converted to pdf tomorrow and i'll pm the link to you..

9. Sciroccotune Forum Member

good man :)

10. SirGeekalot Forum Member

they're not all that detailed.. it's literally a brief description on how to remove the pierburg and put the weber on..

its left me with a few hose that aren't connected to anything and i cant seem to find the wire that connects to the heating element.

if anyone has some detailed pics, i'd be very grateful..

11. maxmo

maxmo Forum Member

The heater element needs to be removed from your old pierburg and attached to the weber - its the black cylinder thing with black wire in this pic
    [​IMG]

Just use one of the hoses you have to join from the coolant pipe to the manifold - they don't need to be joined together - throw the shortest one away and use the longest one.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here are the instructions:)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. SirGeekalot Forum Member

i have a horrible horrible feeling i neglected to remove the heater element from the pierburg fir the weber.. is there anywhere i can pick one up cheap? or can i do without it?

this is not going as smoothly as i had first anticipated..

13. muppet9966 Forum Member

The heater for the carb is on the front of the carb with a single black wire. It uses the body as earth. If you have thrown your heater away, pop down to your local scappy and 'borrow' one as I have heard they are either expensive or you cant get it.
    If your desperate for a pic, I can take one of mine with the airbox etc still attached.

Pritesh

14. SirGeekalot Forum Member

i know what it looks like..

i just cant believe i left mine on the pierburg... might email the fella i sold it to and see if he needs it.

i take it that it's essential to the running of the carb? i thought it was only needed for the autochoke on the pierburg?

15. muppet9966 Forum Member

You can get carb icing without it. At 1st I blew mine up, so I was using the car without the carb heater. It worked fine, but occasionally the car would cut out after long drives. I managed to get one off the scappy, and its working great since.

16. SirGeekalot Forum Member

well, then i'll get it up and running and try and find a another one.. there a Spares/repair pierburg on Ebay. if i'm lucky i'll get it for cheap and sell it on..

17. muppet9966 Forum Member

Also the only other electrical connection the webber needs is the hedgehog heater in the inlet manifold. Everthing else can be neatly cable tired away.

18. SirGeekalot Forum Member

there's no mention of that in the instructions...

oh bugger it...

19. maxmo

maxmo Forum Member

Hello - I just tried to post some pics of the instructions and the heater element and the coolant pipe as I already have them in my photobucket account but the forum is not displaying my post. I'll try again if this post displays - if not you can pm me :)

***BOO*** it still won't let me :(

Last edited: Feb 13, 2007
  20. SirGeekalot Forum Member

i got the 4 emails (i'm subscribed to this thread) but couldn't see the post. i've got the links to your pics in my email which will help greatly. it was was your first pic that horrified me..

because my heater element is still attached to my pierburg.. which is currently on its way to some bloke off ebay...