What does your Username mean?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jjarvis, Aug 17, 2005.

1. AndrewF Forum Addict

is my initials and my date of birth...not very exciting but all i could think of at the time.

have contemplated changing it the 'the_colonel' (a nickname some of my mates call me), but can't be bothered.

2. cros40 Forum Member

I used to be called Cros and I always wanted a G-40 so 40 came at the end, fascinating isn't it? :lol:

3. thebluebus Forum Junkie

i've still got a 4 digit password!

RETRO! [8D]

4. DeeDee Forum Member

my chest size :lol: :lol:

5. Admin Guest

say my name b*tch! [:D]

6. DeeDee Forum Member

[:s]

7. Admin Guest

Jon short for Jonathan and P from my surname [:D]

not even going to explain my surname [8(]

8. DeeDee Forum Member

what you do when you're on a bike :lol:

9. Admin Guest

oh exactly

[:s]

do they not teach English in schools any more?

10. superden Forum Addict

Thread revival ! There are lots of new people on here since 2005, and I'm bored. I'll start with mine from page 3 ...

11. vrbanana Forum Junkie

Changed back to my original user name (vrbanana)

No prizes for guessing though, converted a 91 yellow G60 Corrado to a VR6, hence VR (engined) banana (yellow = banana)

12. Broke Forum Member

Dunno if I did this thread or not.

I picked my name because of my vast wealth. I was sitting on the living room floor, on a used PC given to me by my father-in-law, never had been online, sweating in the 3rd floor economy apartment, the building full of the poor and old... and me, vastly wealthy, and I thought up "Broke", sitting right there on the cheapest carpet in the world listening to the dial-up trying to connect:lol:

|It also works very well because the RC cars, the guns, the VWs, the computer, and everything else... always works, everytime, always. Never in a state of non-workingness[:$]

Nah, I was dirt ass poor (still am for the most part, but at least I don't HAVE TO eat Ramen noodles and cheese and mustard sandwiches now, I can afford bologna, though I wouldn't eat it anyway!), everything I owned was broken, and it didn't seem a hard name to remember, or hard to spell or say in your head, and it didn't seem to be used, as any site I went to and registered with didn't have anyone using Broke, so there you have it.:clap:

Broke (hmm, it has been about 15-16 years since I got online, far in, I'm old, this sucks, I'm depressed, damn.)

*edit* -- A more entertaining thread would be "what do you say in your head when you read a persons name?"
    For example = Ver-banna. I know it is VR-banana, but I always read it verbana for some reason. "The Blue Bus" becomes theb-u-lous (like fabulous, but with a "theb") in my head for some reason. You should have heard what I did to the Harry Potter characters before the movies. Hermione became Hermes (from Futurama!), and so on.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2007
  13. fthaimike Forum Addict

fthaimike = f (1st letter of my surname) thai from the fun & pain i had in thaiboxing & mike who i am.

I post this to show my fun times....

[​IMG]

& post this to show my painfull times....

[​IMG]

14. fthaimike Forum Addict

PMSL :lol: :clap:

15. b'locks Forum Addict

it means i couldn't think of anything decent to use

16. grozzy15 Forum Member

I'm afraid it all stems back a few years and it's all thanks to hockey..

I play for South Nottingham Hockey Club 1st XI and everytime you score a goal in a league match, your name goes in the local rag - the Nottingham Evening Post.. My surname is Croston but due to a typo by the author it was printed as "Grosden" - all my hockey mates read it and have called me "Grozzy" ever since!!

Grozzy is normally already taken on the web, so I just put my shirt number on the end!![:D]

17. dubDREAD

dubDREAD Forum Member

mine is fair obvious i love dubs (and DUB reggae) and i a dread![:D] , i also known as the "hairy cornflake" but dubdread is coooooler[8D] [8D] [8D]

18. Jonny777 Forum Member

My abbreviated name.
    And some numbers i put there as on every forum/website i ever registered Jonny and every other thing added onto it was taken.
    3 7's wasnt.

19. golf2 Forum Member

Mine means i drive a BMW and my name is Tom [:D]

20. Aphex Forum Junkie

Pinched mine from Aphex Twin.