What mpg are you getting?

Discussion in '8-valve' started by golfpaul, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Golfamily7 Forum Member

Golf GTD, last tank 54.9 mpg.
    Suzuki SV650s, last tank 63.7 mpg.

2. RallyeVR6

RallyeVR6 Forum Junkie

I regularly see 26+ on sprited drives with combined use.

In a MK2 VR6.[:D]

3. Steve007 New Member

On my 8v the MFA says that i get average 40-45mpg which is normally driving the country road way to and from work 25 miles away.

When on motorway and doing about 50-60 driving like a grandad the mfa has read up to 60mpg.

Booting it is around 30mpg.

4. Dennis10

Dennis10 Forum Member

Well I fill up a full tank about 45 worth, take it down to just above the red/on the line and I get 325 miles give or take 5 miles or so. What does this work out as?! 45 litres is about 10 gallons, so I must use up about 9gallons or so per recorded tank, so 325miles /9 gallons = 34mpg?! there or thereabouts!

This is with a manual 1.6driver with a weber.

I am now using only decent super unleaded/ Vpower and BP ultimate, I'm on my 5th full tank in succession and its boosted my miles per tank from 275 average upto 325miles, not a bad return for an extra quid or so! I highly recommend super unleaded!

Ps, my miles are a mixture of A/B roads and bypasses!

5. The Hawk New Member

Mk3 8v average around 30ish give or take. 50 miles daily on back roads. Nicking on but not thrashing it

6. mk28vICED Forum Member

i dont think you can rely on the MFA, the same cars mk2 8v gtis all seem to be different.
    the 2.0 8v mk2 does 130miles for 20 quid but the 1.8 8v has been giving 160miles 20 quid

dennis 10 thats sounds about right.