When might the Mk3 "come of age"?

Discussion in 'Mk3' started by theboymike, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

i want it to look OE.

i have HIDs in my twins too, theyre very effective. without HIDs theyre even more naff than standard and i just dont think i like the look of them on the car any more. there are not many colours the twins suit properly

2. dubster67 Forum Member

I've got Hella twins on mine, I think they work well. My car is Jazz Blue and I painted the grille and light covers matt black. I like it.

BTW my Mk3 came of age today, I fitted a set of H&R coilovers, best money I've spent on it, that and the 1.8t engine.

3. lazeruspete New Member

home is in cheshire, live most of the time in oxfo
    i dont get why everyone says the 8v is sluggish, mine seems fine to me!

although the road car ive driven before was a focus...

maybe id need to drive a 16v to appreciate the difference :p

4. danj3000

danj3000 Forum Member

Just got myself a 16v off ebay for a mere snip at 410. I still have the mk2 which is now off the road but after never really being a fan of the mk3, I have been pleasantly impressed with it. Very comfortable and I do love the 16v under the bonnet - a complete contrast to the 8v in my mk2.

Like many have said, as there become fewer mk3s available the prices will slowly start to creep up but it will never be quite the same as the mk1 and mk2.

5. Sweep New Member

I personally feel that it will just become more and more succesful. I think it is a gorgeous shape. I absolutely love the mk1 gti, I love an oak green 16v mk 2 and I also really like mk3 vr6's. Ever since I seen that advert with the beetle in it as a young lad I really appreciated it. I couldn't understand why I liked the one without all the kit, I'd certainly hate to see my citroen ax gt without it's plastic arches.
    I think in 15 years the mk4 mighteven become quite popular. I was never really a fan of the mk4 apart from the anniversary model with the recaros and bbs wheels and obviously the r32.

sorry, i've waffled, i'm positive mk3 will become more and more popular.

6. Collo Forum Member

The MK3 will become more desirable as the MK1 and MK2 price themselves out of the market, 5 years ago Mk1 could be bought up for 300 (I know I bought and scrapped 6 to build my track car) 2 years ago Mk2 were the same (again I plundered 10 as a sideline to making the MK2 rack car) MK3 at the moment as has already been said is bargain basement but I think in 18 mths time the price will rise its 13 years since the MK3 ended its run so good clean examples will come to the fore price wise very shortly!