Wideband O2 Sensor & Controller

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by Cerberii, Jan 13, 2005.

1. martyn_16v Forum Junkie

That sounds like it should work OK so long as MS's input has a decently high input impedance.

I took tach signal directly off the centre pin of the hall sender into MS pin 24. I did start with a 3k resistor inline but wasn't getting a reliable signal at the MS so took it out.

Fuel line connections are M12x1.5 fittings.

2. KeithMac Forum Junkie

Make sure you get the correct fuel line fittings male ones I think but don`t hold me to that!

3. altern8 Forum Junkie

whats the differnce in makes ?

4. Cerberii Forum Member

Do you mean what difference does a wideband o2 sensor make?

A narrowband sensor is only accurate at stoichiometric air/fuel ratio. A wideband sensor can give you an accurate measure of other air/fuel ratios. A wideband sensor is therefore very useful for tuning megasquirt as you can check the a/f at points in the map where you do not want stoich.

It is not a tuning modification in and of its self.

5. altern8 Forum Junkie

do i need one for throttle bodies [:$]

6. martyn_16v Forum Junkie

Not really, but they're a useful tool for tuning. Depends how much tuning you're planning to do yourself

7. steve r

steve r Forum Member

how about one of these from DIYAutotune.com

Innovate Motorsports LC-1 Lambda Cable (Standalone Wideband Controller)
    With LSU4.2 Wideband 02 Sensor

[​IMG]

DIYAutoTune.com Part # WBo2-LC1-LSU4.2 - $199
    The LC-1 is a complete wideband controller built in to a sealed cable. It features the same award-winning patented digital measurement principal found in the LM-1, and includes digital input, output, and 2 programmable analog outputs. This is the latest from Innovate and is to my knowledge to most cost-effective Wideband controller on the market. It will tie directly in with your MegaSquirt ECU, or any other ECU that accepts wideband input, to allow you to tune to car quickly, accurately, and effectively.

Installation and Setup
    Installation of the LC-1 is relatively simple. Complete documentation is supplied, and the support pages, user forum, and tuner resources can also speed you on your way to effective tuning. Innovate also has a great network of local dealers, tuners, race shops, and dyno shops that can assist you in choosing, installing, and getting the most out of your Innovate products.