Your dream project car.....

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by PhatVR6, Jun 14, 2004.

1. Guests Banned

phat the reason i dont build a fast car is coz at 21 its hard enough getting insured on a 16v.

i thought this was vw only dream cars

if not i would like a brand new bmw m3 but with an m5 engine dropped in it.

seeya! [:D]

2. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

It's like when you see the young lads driving around in their barryed up punto's. you ask why they watse money on all that tat on a 1.2, and they say it's becasue they can't afford the insurance. yeah, but if you don't buy all that stick on tat, you CAN afford it. likewise, you can have a standard looking car, if you spend all the money on the running gear.

3. Admin Guest

as its a dream, most porsches straight off the shelf would fit my dream but i don't want off the shelf i want individuality! plus who's going to know that a standard looking mk1 is going to kick everyones ass on the roads?!?!?!

don't get me wrong i'd love a porsche but its about the dream! [:D]

4. pictonroad Forum Member

This (amongst other things) confuses me. Extra insurance for GTI/16v etc. is, say £900. So they buy a 1.2 and add £700 of fox alloys from Halfords, paid monthly on 19.9% annual interest.

My car looks like shyte, I bought 17's in a fit of modifying madness and only kept them on a week, Mk3 looks bad on 15's but handles so much better.

5. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

I didn't ask what your dream car was, I asked what your dream VW project would be, whether you built it yourself or paid to have it done.

6. jc.. Forum Member

Audi engined- V6 twin turbo 4x4 Mk2.
    With OEM look. Might stretch to better wheels, nothing better than spanking supercars in a 80's car!!

PhatVR6....I have a video you might like....Turbo VR6 running nitrous..sound familiar? want me to email it to you unless someone wants to host it for me!?

7. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

is it the in car footage in the mk3 with all the autometer gauges on the dash? I've got that one if it is? if not, then mail it to paul.horrocks@bbrail.com cheers.

8. Guests Banned

the reason people chosse to spend money on making the car look good is coz you get something in return.

i cant really justify paying 2000 for third party insurance. what do i actually get??? if i crash the car i still have to pay for the damage!

by spending 2000 on suspension and leather interior.....i get to drive round with it.

no way am i taking it in the arse from the insurance companys as well as the government.

9. Guests Banned

also take HIC for example

they wont insure me on a mk2 1.8t until im 22 and i have 1 years NCB [:s]

which is the reason i didnt sell my r1 and stick and engine in a few weeks ago [8(]

10. Mk2_Ozz Forum Member

How boring, you not want to go round any corners then ;) :)

I would love a stripped out racer, but at the same time would like Recardo's orinal idea on page 1

Sounds spot on, even has my favourite wheels, as long as the centres are colour coded [:D] :thumbup:
    Edited by: Mk2_Ozz

11. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

how do you get insured on an R1 at 22 then!!

12. Guests Banned

im not

13. jc.. Forum Member

Got two actually:
    one is a dubsport stripped, rhd mk 3 doing a 12 sec 1/4, it has lots of gauges in a straight line across the dash
    The other (better quality) is a lhd mk3 with 9 gauges in a block (5 above 4) on the dash, this vid is on the road.

Seen these?

14. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

got both of those.

and as for riding with no insurance...tut, tut, tut

15. Guests Banned

i know, im not proud of it. [:$]

thats why my car is so legal and tip top.

16. hayesey Forum Junkie

mk2 Polo Breadvan with 8 VR6 Turbo engines. Some will have to go on a roofrack.