Your fav all rounder tyres?

Discussion in 'Wheels and Tyres' started by Paul_TDi, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Stacey Forum Member

I just like tyres which are round

2. Admin Guest

toyo proxes P1's or yokos A539's

though i have been impressed with pirelli P600's in the past.

3. Supercharged Forum Member

Aphex - Eh?!? - what are you comparing them too? remoulds? T1S's are the worst tyre I have ever used in the wet, IMO dangerous - grip in the dry is good but they don't last at all so being cheap is a false economy...

F1 GSD3's or Rainsports for me, would like to try some P Zero Nero's tho...

Good budget tyres i've tried are A539's (dry) and Barum Bravuris (intermediate) or Vredestein Sportrac 2's (wet)

4. Aphex Forum Junkie

Maybe depends on your driving style?

Mine have lasted a good while, can't say I really like to give it much welly in the rain.

5. Bobby_T_16v Forum Member

I used to use Goodyear Eagle F1's but now using and prefer Mitchelin Pilots. Excellent tyre and better wearing than Eagle F1's

6. Jolfa

Jolfa Forum Junkie

glad its not just me then:p

7. Raider Forum Member

Used to run various Yoko's on my GTI and always forund them OK. Ran Michelin Pilots on the front for a while and they were utter ****. Ran My Merc on Michelin Pilots and could not fault them for grip and wear... However when they were knackered I switched to BF Goodrich Profilers and found them even better and Highly reccommend them now.

8. Admin Guest

never found that, quite happy in the rain, unlike the uniroyal rainsports i had at one time, [:s] :o [8(]

9. Golf Nut Pete

Golf Nut Pete Forum Member

:o bugger me, i hope not. touch wood they aint been bad yet, **** end stepped out once but i was drivin like a real muppet in heavy rain round a small round about, but controlled it well enough.
    always been quite impressed with em for cheapies, im sure they are loads of better ones but for day to day drivin i find they are fine.

10. Paul_TDi Forum Member

Glad it's not just me then, thankfully there only on the front, that doesn't sound too fun sliding around on slip roads.

Going by that then mine only have about 8000 left, so should of killed them by the end of the year.

Alot of the suggestions above I'm finding hard to find them in my tyre size, I'm looking on online tyre shops at the moment

Tye size is 195/65/15

11. beetie

beetie Forum Member

i agree with you both as i have them on the front of my golf, gsd3's on there before, and now a little bit of throttle around a roundabout(damp) then the car will understeer. i'm going back to the gsd3's

12. lufbramatt Forum Member

try www.blackcircles.co.uk ive had a look and they can get all the tyres mentioned here in your size :)

although once youve found the garage they tell you to go to phone the garage before you buy through the site as some of the guys here at work have found they will often beat the black circles price if you buy direct.

13. Paul_TDi Forum Member

Thanks Matt, great link.

So next question... apart from ebay....will garages pay out for part worn tyres? I have a local garage that sells part worns so I'm going to ask them if they want my crap ones for some dosh. Wondering if it's a done thing though??

With all this rain and wetness at the moment these tyres are really pi55ing me off, i dont trust them in the wet at all. Will have to see if what mpney i have left from this months wages.

14. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

vrederstein have won the autocar tests for the last couple years

anyone tried those?

15. red 8V Forum Member

yeah my mate had some on utter crap

Red