Your favourite picture, and why?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by TheSecondComing, Mar 15, 2008.

1. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

You only get one!

For me, it is this.

[​IMG]

I've always been a fan of Iggy Pop - nearly 50 years of making music, pretty much invented punk music (I don't like punk), spent most of his life addicted to anything you could put in your veins. Cut himself open on stage so badly that he had to be taken off to be treated. Spent a while committed to a mental hospital. Has an enormous cock, and regularly flops it out on stage - he invented pretty much everything that "mad" bands do today. Once hurled himself off the stage, in a swan dive onto a table covered in glasses, then got back up and did the gig again. He's now a multi millionare - but lives in a simple 3-room wooden bungalow in Miami, and drives an ancient cadillac eldorado.

For me, it's the contrast. This man, 60 years old now and still rocking out with his cock out, a "dangerously anorexic raging alcoholic" as SutherlandM would probably describe him, with his knackered, beaten body - in the background. And in the foreground his fine looking long-term woman, Nina. The picture of health and beauty. The black and white just adds to it so much, I think.

2. EZ_Pete

EZ_Pete Forum Junkie

I'm going to go for this one:

[​IMG]

A cottage in the Western Highlands where I spent several very happy childhood holidays.
    No road to it, no running water, no mains electricity, not many people about. Heaven.

3. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

That could almost be Donegal, Pete - feckin lovely.

4. sportline Forum Junkie

i could'nt possibly pick a favourite, theres so many for different reasons. but i had a quick flick through my computer pics and i love this one.

as a keen kayaker and a general lover of the ocean i find this pic summarizes how i feel about certain aspects of the ocean. the vulnerability of the man in the kayak, the beauty of the ocean, the immensity of the shark, and the boundary between our life's and the ocean that can be sort of crossed on a tiny kayak.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2008
  5. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

Although despite being a "lover" of the ocean, can't spell it FOUR times in a sentence!

;)[:s][:s][:^(]

6. sportline Forum Junkie

ye, I'm **** at spelling. but i try and string a sentence together and make it readable.
    thanks for pointing that out, i feel much better now as I'm sure you do.

7. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

calm down ruffy!!

only messin' about, but yes, i do feel better :p

8. sportline Forum Junkie

:lol: :lol:

9. Nordoff Forum Junkie

Took some thinking about.

[​IMG]
    Road leading north outta Ardmair point just outside of Ullapool.
    Take that road and it's just twisty twisty fun for about 100ish miles to Thurso.
    Kinda place you can just drive on the limit for an hour at a time and no-one's in danger but yerself.
    Warped a new set of discs in half a run last time I took that road.
    Up above cloud level to down by a loch in a few miles, single lane B roads that americans couldn't fit a motorbike down.
    Take a lowered car on that kinda road and y're looking at a few hours of bottoming out.
    That's why I always setup with better shocks and standard height.
    Getting my rocco storm sorted with tubthumped's old abf and a set of cibies just for a night run on that road.
    (sad I know but true)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2008
  10. Admin Guest

I have a favourite for every genre really, my favourite pop music, my favourite news shot, my favourite candid pic etc etc etc.

This however is one I keep coming back to as although its not technically brilliant (light and detail is great, colour isnt) thats what press photography is all about. With press you absolutely can not do any editing to a picture, you arent even supposed to crop them, so every shot has to be as good as it can be in camera.

Obviously I took the picture, and its of Mick Taylor, whilst playing for John Mayalls Bluesbreakers (he is also ex rolling stones).

Its my favourite because even though it only turned out 'OK'
    a japanese music magazine bought it and it ended up paying pretty much a years wages (photographers wages) due to the massive distribution they have. The only one I made more money from was a shot of Cheryl Tweedy with a REALLY tight top on but its not as nice a shot.

Anyway here:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2008
  11. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

and you posted that one instead? freak.

12. RallyeVR6

RallyeVR6 Forum Junkie

It looks like you've taken a picture of an elderly man, Midway through a semi serious stroke while playing the guitar. ;) :lol:

13. Raider Forum Member

This is the one I want to see also;) :lol:

14. bens_cab Forum Junkie

this is my favourite it was taken at retro rides last year santapod just before we took to the strip both cars fully glossed up
    [​IMG]

15. Raider Forum Member

Pah..... like you say seen It before[:^(] Still good though:lol:

16. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

German Grand Prix at Hockenheim in `94. Jos Verstappen`s Benetton caught fire during a pit stop. This is one of many amazing pictures of the incident. It always amazes me that everyone walked away relatively un-scathed.

[​IMG]

Footage of the incident:

[youtube]GvZv_YLSUvo[/youtube]

Last edited: Mar 16, 2008
  17. nimbus dare Forum Member

the bubba scrub. a move made by james stewart invented which has changed how people race dirt bikes.

the art of jumping but not jumping in order to get your wheels back down on the dirt where you can put your engine to work.

when you see someone actually do this. it will blow you away

[​IMG]

18. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

:clap: :clap: [8D]

The man himself, doing what he does best. :thumbup:

[YOUTUBE]VjFUTocbfFc[/YOUTUBE]

19. sutherlandm Forum Junkie

This was taken by a mate of mine at a break nearby and I love it!
    Have it framed on my wall.

[​IMG]

20. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

I love that "Lighthouse being taken by a wave" pic as well, but as I said, you only get one - and it's a bit clich, anyway....