Rate the last film you watched .........2013

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by thegave, Feb 10, 2012.

1. PeeJay Forum Junkie

End of Watch 10/10

I don't give full marks very often. It's a very, very good film - sort of a cop / buddy film but a gritty back story instead of the usual fayre. I think most Men could relate to the conversations between the two characters, it's very funny Mantalk (mostly adlibed it seems). The story is gripping, the action scenes good without being stupid and there's a tension throughout that builds and builds.

Ending it great, must have been a lot of dust in the room, I'm sure I had something in my eye.

2. Jagermeister

Jagermeister Forum Member

Dredd - 9/10
    I really enjoyed this, a much better version than the Stallone nonsense and more true to 2000 AD, hope the same team do a sequel

Total Recall (2012)
    8/10 Another great film, its a shame its a remake I thought it was a better story then the old one.

3. Admin Guest

Hitch hikers guide to the galaxy 4/10 really didn't enjoy it much, even with its all star cast.

4. Jagermeister

Jagermeister Forum Member

Yes, I found it was a big disappointment too.

The Hobbit, freakishly hairy bare footed and how is Jackson going to pad this out for another 2 films 7 out of 10

Cloud Atlas, Sliding Doors meets Pulp Fiction then blended with a bit of Mad Max. It wont be to everyone's taste but I liked it 8 outa 10

5. Ben S

Ben S Forum Junkie

Thread title change needed or a new thread, it's 2013 now not 2012! lol

Oblivion = 9/10 I really enjoyed this film and was fully engrossed in it the whole way through, with some interesting twists/reveals!

6. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

I was trying to change the title the other night but the server went down (on me) before i could save it!

I see the new bond book is called "Solo", Sounds like a good movie already!lol

7. MK1jettaGTi

MK1jettaGTi Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

I watched Delicatessen the other night, excellent film which had somehow slipped under my radar since it was released in 1991.

It has aged really well and until I looked at the DVD case I wouldn't have said it was that old.

Trailer here

8. Ben S

Ben S Forum Junkie

Olympus Has Fallen: 8.5/10 good action film with some pretty cool moments and the odd bit of well placed humour here and there

Not content with beating Jesse in the Jetta 8v turbo, racing for pinks in his Honda '2000', Johnny Tran takes over the Whitehouse

9. dragonfly

dragonfly Paid Member Paid Member

Iron Man 3

A very good third instalment and well worth a watch! Wait until after the (very) long credits as well.

8.5 suits out of 10.

mat-mk3 likes this.
  10. taz00mi New Member

Django was the last film I properly watched/ paid attention to

9/10... Was suprised how good it was tbh

11. whitemk2 Forum Member

http://youtu.be/VOCVE9ykh9Y
    Saw The man with the iron fists last night. It stars Russell Crowe, Lucy liu ,RZA , Jamie chung
    Written by RZA and ELi Roth , presented by Quintin Tarantino
    Good Martial arts and one liners
    9 Iron fists out of 10

Last edited: May 9, 2013
  12. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

Pitch perfect - its about acapella groups in college. A few hot chicks, some funny moments (usually from rebel Wilson) some catchy tunes if you're into that, not a bad film. Story is a bit shaky and they just seem to wrap it up nearer the end, but not bad

7/10

13. Mr Funk Forum Member

Harry Brown - unflinchingly violent and uncompromising but Caine gives a career topping performance. Even Plan B is old although his potty mouth can put you off. 7.5 Plastic Gangsters out f 10.

Source Code - caught it by accident and though it was brilliant despite the silly premise. 7 time slips out of ten but feel free to go back seven minutes and try and change my mind

14. PeeJay Forum Junkie

Alex Cross (rhymes with Toss) 2 out of 10.

It might have got 3 out of 10 if I wasn't such a fan of the Morgan Freeman / Alex Cross films.

The story is Ok, most of the main characters are pretty good - Mathew Fox is brilliant and looks properly ghoulish in this but the main actor is a total waste of space, just bloody awful, they mangled the character to suit him and it just doesn't work, he's an action star, playing an action hero in a physiological thriller - it would be like remaking The Silence of the Lambs only having Vin Diesel as the FBI Agent.

15. PeeJay Forum Junkie

Taken 2

7/10

I put off watching this for ages, the reviews for it were terrible, people were saying it was a poor relation to the first and a 'PG version' but I enjoyed it, it's not as dark or gritty and there are some silly plot points and some silly bits like Maggie Grace doing a 'running like a little girl' impression with her hands waving everywhere, I think the director wanted her doing a few silly things like that to hide the fact she's 30, playing a teenager - but she looks great ;) and the line "we're going to be taken" which was shocking and brilliant in the first one and dropped like a pithy Roger Moore Bond one-liner in this one.

16. PeeJay Forum Junkie

Killing them softly 5 out of 10.

It's one of those films where the trailer makes it look like something it's not. The trailer is cool slick hit men, doing a lot of cool slick hit manning stuff, the film is much slower, quite dark and dreary film as much about addiction and depression as anything. It's not bad, but you've got to be in the mood for it, and you're not likely to guess which mood from the trailer.

17. PeeJay Forum Junkie

Code Name: Geronimo, the Hun..... can't even be bothered to type it all, useless, I think it's trying to cash in on people looking for Zero Dark Thirty, but it's toss.

18. PeeJay Forum Junkie

The Watch 6/10

Vince Vaughn lays Vince Vaughn, Ben Stiller Plays Ben Stiller, Johan Hill plays... you get the idea. It's part middle aged man comedy, part teen comedy part sci-fi comedy all mashed together - remove brain, insert beer - enjoy.

19. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

Man in black 3, 8/10. Very good story and well, It's Will Smith!

20. PeeJay Forum Junkie

Premium Rush 7/10

It's Topgun / FnF / Point Break / Hackers / Cocktail for Cycle Couriers, take a scene or profession, strip out the boring bits, make it look unbelievably cool without the elitist / hipster element (must have been a herculean task for this film) and add drama, it's silly but good.