1.3 mh carb wiring help

Discussion in '8-valve' started by Gti mad man, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Gti mad man Forum Member

sweet cheers so thats the hedgehog sorted out lol

then im gona run the other 3 on the carb(the red female spadE) to a ignition live (fused 10 A) ?

2. Gti mad man Forum Member

We gettign to the last stages of the engien conversion woho

i have wired the hedge hog up as per my relay diagram using a 27amp main battery feed and feed from relay to the hedgehog fused
    and the original vw relay for the job
    and a 10amp fused ignition live feed

Dunno if you can help regards to the red conector that powers the 3 carb things

im sure you mentioned just taking these to a igintion live(fused feed/)?

could i take it from the coil the black wires?

or is it a good idea that these 3 are also relayed(though such low ampage seems silly)

cheers again

3. EZ_Pete

EZ_Pete Forum Junkie

No need for a relay. Ideally you should take it from an ignition live point on the back of the fusebox. If you run it from the coil's ignition live feed at the coil, you may overload that wire from the fusebox, as it is only intended to feed the coil.

With help from rubjonny's 'Fusebox FAQ' (Electrical FAQ section) you should be able to find where that wire comes out of the back of the fusebox, and maybe splice into it there. Better to use soldering or crimped conections than one of those nasty splices you can buy in car shops.

4. Gti mad man Forum Member

cheers mate did just that found a black ignition live feed at rear of fuse box then solder spliced a fused feed direct to the carb and the relay set up for the hedge hog:)