1987 Mk2 Golf Monza blue 16v

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Lukeybabes, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Lukeybabes Forum Member

2. Lukeybabes Forum Member

3. Bat. Forum Member

Are you selling the non-PAS wheel mate?

4. Lukeybabes Forum Member

Yeah, can do if you want it. Make me an offer.

5. Lukeybabes Forum Member

Got the old stereo back in. Sounds and looks awesome. Got it working with my amp and sub in the boot too. Went and bought a cassette aux adaptor too. That sounds brilliant too. Cant tell the difference between my other modern stereo and a lead.

[​IMG]

The equaliser isn't in yet though. Had to go buy some wires and connectors so I can make it work and extend the speaker wires. Maybe tomorrow.

[​IMG]

6. Lukeybabes Forum Member

Got the votex and equaliser in a couple of days ago. Didn't get round to updating the thread as i had no decent pictures. If you follow me on instagram you would of seen it already but here we go.
    Although I had to take the stereo out again today and send it back where I got it refurbished as the tape deck stopped working after a day! Not spending all that money for that to happen!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Lukeybabes Forum Member

Back to the boring updates.

Replaced the drivers side roof gutter again. The one I replaced my other one with started coming apart. Looks like it had been glued in the past.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And new.

[​IMG]

8. Gup16v Forum Member

that equalizer really suits the dash set up..love the window switch holder, the ones designed to fit are really rare. :thumbup:

9. Lukeybabes Forum Member

Yeah, the proper ones are hard to find. And a bit ugly imo. Don't like the way they stick out. Home made ftw.

10. Lukeybabes Forum Member

Fitted the genuine 16v cruise control bracket yesterday. The linkage needed extending and bit of a tweak but I got it done.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

Your showing some good skills in this thread, the dash is looking great all round!!!

12. Lukeybabes Forum Member

Thanks! :)

13. MK5 Steve

MK5 Steve Forum Member

Cracking car mate.Well done.

14. Lukeybabes Forum Member

Thanks Steve

15. Lukeybabes Forum Member

After fitting the one touch window module I noticed that the windows seem to go quite slow and don't one touch up because of resistance in the motor and regulators. I thought the regulators would just needed greasing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But it didn't solve the squealing and slow movement. Even out of the car with no load on it. I even tried the motor off of the regulator and it was even louder. So I think the motor is going to die soon.

So I need some new ones. Regulators don't look that good either. Anyone got some going?

Or does anyone know an upgrade for the motors? From another car but a direct fit maybe?

While I was taking the vapour barriers off again I thought I would do them properly this time. So I cleaned off all the old silicon and contact adhesive from previous peoples attempts. Took ages and I've only done the drivers door so far. I used some butyl tape to re attach it and it looks a lot better now. Also I will be able to peel off the vapour barrier and re stick it when I need to get back into the door.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Lukeybabes Forum Member

Also got a package. New air con condenser as mine has a leak.

[​IMG]

17. costel1969

costel1969 Paid Member Paid Member

This work is proper - absolutely bang on

18. Lukeybabes Forum Member

Thanks man.

I have been thinking about doing my bbs centre nuts in black. Don't really want to paint them. Seems like a crime since they are polished.
    Thought about buying some if that plasti dip but i want them shinny really. Vinyl wrap plausible?

Photoshoped some pics to get an idea. What do people think?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Lukeybabes Forum Member

Went outside this morning just to have a look to see how I was going to get the air con condenser out. I thought I will just take the grill off to have a better look. Then I ended up taking apart the front end and changing it while waiting for my brother to come round. lol. I love doing things like this while waiting on people. And then using it against them. lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Lukeybabes Forum Member

Went and picked up some Audi 80 electric window mechs to replace my motors. They aren't the same regulators but the motors are the same so I swapped the motors onto the mk2 regulators.

Audi regulators

[​IMG]

Comparison. Mk2 left, Audi right

[​IMG]

Swapped, And now I just realised i put the cable in the wrong outlet. Will have to change that tomorrow.

[​IMG]

Had to swap the electrical connector over

[​IMG]

Also the butyl tape stuff I used to do the vapour barrier is great. Why would anyone use silicon?

[​IMG]

Managed to get the drivers side in before it went dark. And I thought I would shoot some waxoyl in there while I had the vapour barrier back off.
    Going to go buy some yacht varnish and do the back of the door cards tomorrow too, before they go back on.
    The vinyl part at the top had peeled off with taking the door card on and off a few times this week so out came the glue and pegs lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]