2e3 woes

Discussion in 'Carburettor' started by JABBER, May 10, 2007.

1. JABBER Forum Member

Well I'm starting to go daft with this conversion , and I,ve gone and added a pressure regulator and gauge as I heard that webers do not like too much pressure at the needle valve and this electric pump was kicking 8.5 psi! My idle is now as smooth as a babys bum!(Pardon the pun!):) 1.5 psi seems to be the ideal just now!!

This will not affect the output of the pump, but is designed to give a more constant flow to the carb & take the pressure off the needle valve & therefore prevents overfueling, especially at tickover & low rev operations.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mattneck Forum Member

Jabber - if your carbs still up on offer for recon, i may well have it off you - if youve read your PMs youll understand im sure ;)

3. JABBER Forum Member

Sorry Matt flicked right over this.

Yes still got the Carb, however I would now completely and utterly recommend the weber, She pulls like a train right now and my fuel economy has gone up.

Just also fitted an Anti roll bar from a GTI what a difference there too!

Right now I would say these are the two best mods you could ever do on a 1.3!

4. mattneck Forum Member

No toruble - Got the weber myself as needed the car up and running straight away when
    Istill didn't know how to do anything else to the car.. besides swap an engine!

Fitted only a front ARB? Been tempted by that to, like the 1.8 carby.. what difference you notice and wat links did you buy febi or genuine?

5. MacDaddy UK Forum Member

im just gonna steal in here, do you still have the pierburg because im desperate for a replacement and cant afford a weber, so i would be very happy if you still have it

6. JABBER Forum Member

The front ARB has totally transformed the front end, killed a huge amount of roll, especially rounds roundabouts, feels like she tracking better too! the drop links are Febi from GSF.

MAC PM me , although I've still got the carb shes got issues, when removed she was still stalling at low revs and just wouldn't set up properly, have the flange seal if your interested in that too (brand from GSF)

Regards

7. mattneck Forum Member

Quality bud! I'm still toying - the whole dropping subframe and spinning the castellated nut thing, is really getting me paranoid - and making me want to disturb it even less.. only 110k on it, and i've ehard of people with 40k+ more having no trouble but.. who's to say that's the thing..

Did you come into anymishaps with yours, when dropping the subby or anything like that? :)

cheers chap

8. JABBER Forum Member

No just undid the two rear ones( holding the rear of the wishbones!) this dropped the frame by about an inch, :) supporting it with a jack, used a pry bar to drop the roll bar in behind the frame, very easy job, just stick your drop links on first and the maneourve into place, lubricated the rear bushes with silcone/grease and they pushed in no issues

Do it it's amazing the difference!
    Brake pipes this weekend along with 239mm vented discs and then off for a MOT [:^(]
    Rob

9. mattneck Forum Member

Just a quick addition, if anyone decides to fit the vdo gauges from an audi 80 etc. I just have, and the oil pressure sender takes a fair bit of room, not sure if itll clear a Pierburg, clears my weber but mine seems to be a different design to what many of ya's end up with..

ill have to get some pics..

Jabber, i think im gonna go for it.. im in the throw of wanting to do a fair bit of sandblasting to get coating down there to, drive shafts, subby, etc..