2L 16v cam choices....

Discussion in '16-valve' started by chrismc, May 17, 2011.

1. danster Forum Addict

Absolutely, I am not disagreeing with any of it.
    From the cam swap test it would appear that if the time had gone into fine tuning and optimising the originally fitted Piper cams there would have been an improvement with that spec. We will not know what could have been squeezed out of that now.

2. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

This feels a bit unfair.

This has now moved from criticising the principle of close data scrutiny, to exploiting the absence of a full data set! This is now being had both ways by the 8AS!!

I am quite sure the testing has not ended, but without some R&D donations and a pass out from Mrs smudge, the next set of data will not be forthcoming by close of play tomorrow either!

3. danster Forum Addict

Unfair? [:s] [:^(]

I am not sure a humans average lifespan is long enough to collect all the data this thread will require. :lol:

4. Admin Guest

It would have been nice to have just used the Pipers in the test, I had mixed feelings about them and was interested to see what ABF cams could do as a baseline, the Pipers were never base lined so no comparison was made as it's unfair. ABF's have more lift and I thought it would be a interesting to try them, also I was expecting less ponies from them but I'm not going to complain.

Selling the Pipers on will pay for the tunning carried out so I have gained a few BHP for no money. The time to complete this was short and efficiently used. If using KJet it would be a different story in time for the setup of Fuelling and the end rest.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2011
  5. ianb Forum Member

I agree with you.....I have one of the better sorted Kjet valver's and seeing the results of a good 20v installation it represents great value.....and great results.
    The 16v unit takes quite an investment to get heatlthy figures when all things considered. What the 16v does offer over the 20v unit is revvability......on a standard K03 unit.
    I always liked Mr Vanstones 20v N/A build.....lovely engine but quite a big budget to get those results ultimately.

6. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

An internet cleaner has just been along for a quick dust and vacuum on this page :thumbup:

7. vwp6n Forum Member

What's cam's are best for a kjet 2l setup? lol

8. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

You bad man on thread resurrection!

lol

9. Sirguydo

Sirguydo Fastest milkman in the West Paid Member

Concentrate on my new thread please lol:thumbup: