Audi Coupe Quattro

Discussion in 'Audi/SEAT/Skoda Chat' started by shaz8389, Apr 9, 2010.

1. danster Forum Addict

This thread means nothing without pics!:lol:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

And you see that rotted out blade cover on that uncared-for classic, run into the ground as a weekly workhorse, now looking sad because the owner has not cleaned it properly? :lol: That's where the fun begins.

Take note all.. projects :thumbup:

3. danster Forum Addict

That rust gains added scene points! It took years of waiting for that look to be just the way i wanted. Rome was not built in a day Mr Eyre.;)

4. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

^^ Beware of chummy price-propping sales patter from overly-friendly wreck vendors.

Caveat emptor :lol:

5. Dave

Dave *Very Smart* Pedantic Old Fart Paid Member

Quite right boss.

As you may have noticed, I own the best Audi quattro ever built.

But, IMHO, the most fun in snow is a Mk1 Driver on M&S tyres. Even better than the 'sans pareil' Saab 96 which, due to its long wheelbase, could not be chucked about so easily.

Find a B2 90Q 10v + narrow 'pukka' snow tyres + weld up the rear doors. Enjoy

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  6. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

most fun iv had in a car in icy snow was a pug 205 td, so chuckable made me feel like a rally driver, and its not a VW so when it ended up deep in the hedge it was a good thing.

7. Mike_H Forum Addict

You've been training the dog to pish on it for that classic rat look, haven't you?!

8. TimE-J Forum Member

Ive got a coupe as a daily driver in the sape your talking about. Mines the FWD 2.0 8v but its cost me 540 with 6 months tax and test and all ive done is spent 200 on a new exhaust and a set of decent all weather BF goodrich tyres. The car never had anyproblems with me in the snow but then my old mk2 never caused me any trouble in the snow.

If your still after a coupe, be prepared for big fuel bills as i filled mine on saturday and it cost me next to 90 and thats just lasted about 350-60 miles taking it easy.

9. GRINGOG60 Forum Member

All to protect this. FFS have a word with your self will you.

[​IMG]

10. shaz8389

shaz8389 Forum Junkie

I stopped caring about fuel bills now, I can't really avoid it so I doubt I'll factor it in much anymore.

As long as it's not falling to bits I don't think I'll let it become a project. Unless I end up liking it alot. And putting a turbo charged engine in. And making it a track car... this could cause problems later on... I'll worry about that when I come to it, my mum could always sell it for me to stop me having another project...

11. shaz8389

shaz8389 Forum Junkie

It doesn't look like that now. I just can't be bothered to update the thread. God knows what was up with that head light though, it's in the bin now. It's also very rust free, not happening, not this winter. Something wrong with liking my Mk2? I thought this was clubgti?

12. GRINGOG60 Forum Member

My point is you could buy enough skanky old Mk2's on ebay to write one off every winter and you'd still be in the drivers seat of one until your old and stink of digestive bisuits and pi55.

You don't go out with Cheyrl Cole so you dont wear out your munter Mrs fanjita do you.

13. shaz8389

shaz8389 Forum Junkie

Considering my Mk2's in all right nick and is miles off skanky compared to when I bought it I really don't fancy starting again and having do drain the water out the headlights (still don't get how the bloody hell that happened).

Didn't realise how carefree it was here, we'll just write off a Mk2 GTi every year shall we.

14. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

[:s] Stopped caring about fuel bills, when petrol is at record levels? Either your mileage is low or your existence is being funded by someone else. I honestly don't think you have a clear plan.

From earlier.
    Do you have a large workshop to put all these projects in?

You can't plan for everything.

All you can do is insure a car and be careful with it.

15. shaz8389

shaz8389 Forum Junkie

I rarely drive to work, my friend lives over the road from me and we work in the same office. I do the occasional commute and drive for pleasure most of the time.

It's not like the Audi 10v would do silly low MPG anyway, the Supra drinks at the rate of about 16-20mpg when you're having fun with it and that's bearable seeing as I don't use it a hell of a lot.

If I can have it safe from people that suck on icy roads, I will, odds are nothing will go as wrong this winter but I'd rather not chance a car that is starting to pan out how I wanted the old one too. And again, if the Audi survives my dad can have it while his Beetle is getting sprayed. Or my mum can have it and get rid of her hateful A Class. Based on the prices it can't be too bad a deal.

What's the service costs like on the 10v engines? They like to go bang at all?...

16. Jolfa

Jolfa Forum Junkie

I do! [:*:]

Makes me laugh you were looking at getting a proper motoring icon to protect your ropey looking MK2 (regardless of you now knowing the price, that was still the original idea) :clap:

17. G60KG

G60KG Forum Member

I came close to buying an audi 80 coupe, I think its a nice car for relatively low money. I thnk parts are quite expensive and a lot of parts vary from year to year. I have a cousin that has a 2.0 16v and from memory there are around 8 different rear shocks you can buy depending on what year and what engine.

18. TimE-J Forum Member

yeh shocks can be expensive on them and suspension does wear on the quite abit, track rod ends are cheep though, 3.60.

19. shaz8389

shaz8389 Forum Junkie

Once I saw the price I thought again... the one you've got is obviously a less silly idea....

I thought it was the SWB Sport Quattros that had proper value, never really looked at them in all honesty.

Saw a couple of sheds on ebay so you can still grab them as projects... the temptation to just leave a 2.0 8v in the Mk2 and fix up a UR for proper fun is creeping in slowly... don't think it'll happen this year though...

20. Adam_16v Forum Member

I've just read the whole thread, a real divide of opinion here.

My 2 pennies worth,

1- I don't think you need another car just for winter driving. I have a 200bhp RWD car and I manage to make it through the winter. If conditions are really that bad, it's not safe to have any car on the road, work / friends etc will understand if you can't get somewhere.

2- It's rare to have as much snow as we did last winter. You'll probably buy a car and it won't snow again for years.....

However, it's your money and your decision to make