Audi Coupe Quattro

Discussion in 'Audi/SEAT/Skoda Chat' started by shaz8389, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Dave

Dave *Very Smart* Pedantic Old Fart Paid Member

What you really need is a sleeper. UR S4.
    Anything crash into you they will fall apart.
    220bhp 20v Turbo. Will not rust. MTM to 500bhp. Works to 900bhp.
    Keep it till you are too old to crawl ino a Coup?.

2. shaz8389

shaz8389 Forum Junkie

If our weather doesn't get that silly again then it'll be more of an excuse to have something different for a bit I suppose.

Or I could just get snow tyres on some old steelies and leave them in the garage incase... Or I could think about this once summer has buggered off...

3. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

You're just going around in circles on this forum, quite literally!

4. shaz8389

shaz8389 Forum Junkie

Well if I bought a UR Quattro it'll end up being a project. The later shape coupe or some kind of Audi 80 would be cool in Quattro form I suppose.

Probably won't need either, so I think the final score is wanting one rather than needing one...

5. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

if you want an audi coupe, you should by one, you dont have to justify it as a winter car thats better in the snow to us on here, save that for the women in your life.

6. shaz8389

shaz8389 Forum Junkie

There is that, luckily there's no one to justify it to except my dad who will except "I want one, you can have a go" as an excuse.

I think if I want the real deal I'd grab a non-turbo (seen some well cheap ones, look like they might be sheds but if I wanted to hit up a project as long as it's not dissolving or anything) and build up an engine later.

Based on my age I could always run a non-turbo lump, make it look and run well and swap a turbo in later when insurance companies want to stiff me a bit less.

Resale value won't be relevant to me, I don't plan to sell cars that I buy out of genuine lust.

7. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Buy a mega-mileage quattro A4 then, they are worth nothing - mine was given to me free because nobody buys 200k mile cars! But the engine runs good as new, it still puts out the original power figures, and starts on the button every time. Free cars are the best cars!

8. shaz8389

shaz8389 Forum Junkie

As good as that sounds...

Actually wait... free...

Hmmm....

I think I found the replacement for my mum's crap merc though...

9. Phat Ass Forum Member

Never happens, they always want a pound of flesh and when you're a 'proven' good/safe driver with some NCB, they still want a full pound because "times have changed" :)

10. benovr6 New Member

the ur quattro coupes were very good cars and nice to drive but there are alot of bad ones around now and they can be a money pit (some bits are obsolete) still have another one though!

11. karmann gettit

karmann gettit Forum Member

I saw the real deal in Lidl car park last week, dangerous things. I was lusting after it so hard that I fell up the kerb and into the trolley park bit. It had an old man owner who was inspecting something underneath it whilst his wife looked a bit bored but she cheered up when I fell over.

12. Dave

Please define "old man"?

13. andy97 Forum Member

Definately agree about the wisdom of buying a high mileage A4 quattro as a daily driver. You can put winter tyres on it for the snow & ice, too. Keep the Mk2 for fun/ track days, whatever. Thats what I'd do. I wouldn't bother with a Coupe quattro as they are old & expensive to keep running.

I wouldn't have a turbo ur quattro as a winter hack either - too expensive to run as well & that really should be a car as a "keeper".

14. karmann gettit

Oooh 70s at least.
    He looked too dapper to shop in Lidl, think he was just taking advantage of the loads of spaces in their carpark to avoid dings in the busier one over the road

15. Dave

That's grand. I have 9 years to go then?[:D]

But, using the word 'dapper', makes you sound older than I!:o Stella tells me you're a right nice young lass. So you must have looked the word up, in a 1950s dictionary! Just for me?;)

Is dapper wearing: Gant, or Boss, or Henry Fox, or Barkers,?[:s]

ps. I shop in Lidl all of the time! [8(] For my beer.:thumbup:

16. karmann gettit

Ahh daved I am obsessed with the 1950s which may explain things. Dapper to my mind means very smart - it doesn't have to be designer, just well-fitting, well-cut clothing. None of this jeans hanging down way past the ass cheeks kind of thing.

17. Mike_H Forum Addict

Try not to drink all the cheap wine till you get home :lol:

18. karmann gettit

Ha Mike you have clocked my wine loving ways then...
    I am a good girl now I've got my "Old Blue" and not getting the bus any more.