Dissapointing Corrado Experience

Discussion in 'Corrado' started by sportline, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

Aye...One was a 4wd Andy:thumbup: and was built by vw motorsport with a horrible body kit. Im sure i've seen a pic of it somewhere on here?
    The other two were just standard looking Karmann built corrado's (2wd) and one of them was built for the gaffer at Karmann:thumbup:

Sure i've got some pics somewhere, will have a dig.

Edit:Here's the one at Karmann.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  2. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

a cabriolet and a pickup behind it!

3. G60KG

G60KG Forum Member

so could I change the box in my 2.0 16v as the gears do feel long and the acceleration is well....boring, So if I could change it what would I change it too?

4. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

keep your box, put 4.2 final drive in it along with proper crown wheel bolts

I had 02a box done like this, tru gps 80mph = 4k rpm with 215/45/16 rubber

5. Benjo Forum Member

box from a 1.8 16v corrado as it's got the 3.94:1 final drive ratio

the only syncro corrado made was this one:

http://www.faltdach.net/corradog60limited.htm

Yuck!

Regarding build quality, the interior plastics & sunroofs on Corrados are quite rubbish (especially handbrake cowl thing)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  6. Benjo Forum Member

Thinking about it, if you painted this fish yellow, & put wheels on it you wouldn't be too far off the Corrado limited..

[​IMG]

7. PNG

png Forum Member

Surprised they didn't produce that, wouldn't have thought the chassis would need a lot of extra bracing

8. AndyRhino

AndyRhino Forum Junkie

lol that is a disgusting bodykit, crazy too that its 210bhp 4wd gets it to 60 in 7.2 secs, slower than a standard 2wd g60!!

and i suppose the electric sunroof and handbrake cowl on the mk2 is bettter? oh no it doesnt have them!

9. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

That's the one!:thumbup:

It's funny...of all the problems ive had with my g60...the sunroof and handbrake tunnel are both perfectly fine. I bet maybe 75% of the sunroofs out there only tilt!

10. AndyRhino

AndyRhino Forum Junkie

i broke one of mine, it worked when i got it but i broke it cos i am a noob. my other one works fine, gave it plenty of grease and its fine. oh and your sig has just reminded me about ur lamin-x stuff pm'd

11. Collie Forum Junkie

Only gone and catched me a RADDOFISH
    [​IMG]

12. G60KG

G60KG Forum Member

Brilliant :lol:

13. bobski Forum Member

i currently own a 1993 2.0 16v corrado and i do love it....handles superb and spot on for long journeys on the motorway and still returns 38mpg on a long run.....have magnex exhaust system and k&n panel filter and kr cams plus decat and goes well for being so much heavier than a mk2 16v id say its slightly slower to 60mph but 60 and above on motorway there on a par except rado has slightly higher top end speed due to not being shaped like a brick.....

but dont get me wrong i do like my car...but if it came to crunch id swap it in a minute for a small bumper mk2 16v just because i do love my mk2 16v's....

14. antinkariba

antinkariba Forum Member

I have a 1989 Corrado - with a 2.0 ABF engine in it. After a fair bit of time sorting it out, its sweet as a nut. Awesome power and it goes some!

Mine handles really well too. I don't have any other mods to it apart from the engine swap and the suspension. It running all original bits and bobs still!

I love it. :)