drugs last night

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by vduben, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Unknown Forum Junkie

10 years! only seems like yersterday.... ah how time flies when your wrecked.

2. Unknown Forum Junkie

I think its definatly in the media more and more, I blame Zammo and Frank Bough... It seems to be more an accepted part of society now too. Some folks tend not to be too bothered about hoovering huge lines off the sink in my local while I'm having a slash; and for one reason or annother, people tend to ignore things like this. (winding up a few coked up 'geezers' wont do me any favours if all)

3. dubst16v Forum Member

wow this is one long thread to read all at once.
    an all i can say is
    BILL HICKS = LEGEND

an i feel moderation an common sense are the key.
    think of all of the f*cked up things uve seen/heard bout people do on drugs and ill bet there a thousand times more f*cked up things from alcahol but thats more socially acceptable.

as long as u dont inflict harm on anyone else then do what u like i say

4. The db

The db Forum Junkie

I'm glad you came back to it, I was suprised nobody else picked up on the point sooner tbh:lol:

The drug culture definately boomed in the 60s/70s in this country, no doubt about that. I just get the impression that anybody (even people that were complete geeks/swats from school) is willing to at least have a dabble these days.

I think that maybe 30 years ago parents were probably more in control of their children through the use of a slipper/belt etc and therefor the fear of misbehaving for some proved a firm point on which not to dabble with illegal substances. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm willing to be put right.

From the general knowledge I have obtained on drugs I was lead to believe that the stuff about these days is alot stronger than 30 years ago though. Again I could have been brainwashed to think that by various wings of the media.

I think its important to have a good understanding of drugs if you decide to use them. I know putting drugs into yourself is generally considered not good, but even a drug user, if they have any common sense, has to draw a line somewhere and be sensible.

**oh and people should try not to get too personal with insults and stuff because this debate/thread is actually verging on being very sensible at times which is definately a good thing.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2007
  5. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

well that makes perfect sense, but anyone who simply writes the whole thing off because 'its not acceptable in the eyes of the law therefore you must all be sick in the head" is just stupid. some people can be responsible, in the same way as i bet you or i can drive above the legal speed limit responsibly.

its not that dis-similar to saying all people who break the speed limit are born losers with a deathwise, because its against the law.

6. Daz... Forum Member

I've read a couple of the posts on here and all I would like to say is that I've never done anything more than had a smoke, about 5-6 times, and the last time was the best part of 8 years ago.

I do have the occassional drink which is more than enough for me.

Each to their own though. Some people want to do it, others don't. The world would be a boring place if everyone was the same....

7. thegolfman Forum Member

'Alfabet'? Brilliant, Totally ****ing brillant... :clap:

Hmmm....
    Now who's coming accross as nochalant?

8. Paul_R Forum Member

If that's aimed at me you need to go back and re-read my posts. Not what I'm getting at at all.

9. thebluebus Forum Junkie

i think its a shame Paul R is getting all this stick
    Saying that he's boring because he hasnt dabbled in drugs and doesnt drink is stupid. Its a lifestyle choice chosing not to. So is drinking and so is choosing to do drugs. Thats why i get so annoyed when people say you shouldnt do it.

I've quite enjoyed reading his replys in this thread :thumbup:

10. The db

The db Forum Junkie

I have to agree:clap:

11. superden Forum Addict

Drugs is a subject that can divide even the best of friends when it comes to attitudes and opinions. Making personal comments because someone has an opinion contrary to yours isnt on. Like Paul, I dont smoke, do drugs or for that matter drink very often. Thats my choice, made for my own reasons. I dont look down on people who do either, provided their habits dont have an impact on those around them. For example, drinkers who cant handle their ale and start fights/dish out abuse for no reason or drug addicts who mug old ladies.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2007
  12. Paul_R Forum Member

Thanks guys. :thumbup:

..or at least the more grown up ones anyway..... :)

13. Seraph Banned

Ah ha, what have i missed..., another forum lynching!?

14. mothy Forum Member

no apparently the police will read this forum & raid our houses :lol:

sorry - but that did make me laff [:$] - not taking the p n'all

15. thegolfman Forum Member

Watch out mate... He'll be putting you down next.
    You've spelt laugh wrong.
    [:s]

16. theboymike Forum Junkie

I must say fair play - IMO your first post did come across as a bit moralistic, self righteous and blinkered, and I was ready to wade in and have a proper go..

Saying that, in subsiquent posts it appears this wasn't necc. the angle you were arguing from, and you've done well to dig yourself out.

Looks like the CGTI gods will have to go without their live human sacrifice tonight :lol:

17. The db

The db Forum Junkie

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

18. Admin Guest

Very interesting discussion.....

Thanks Paul for your well thought out points, and thanks to the idiots too, as it gave Paul something to write about :)

19. vduben Forum Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    also think of all the good times that drugs have brought, i have had some of the most excellent nights which with out the stuff would of just been a go to bed at 9pm night!!

what do you call a scoda with no roof?????

a skip:lol: :lol: :lol:

sorry couldnt resist:o

20. rocco2litre

rocco2litre Forum Junkie

drugs are 4 twats, whats wrong with 8 pints and a good laugh.
    you are putting cash into arsholes pockets