Exactly why 4x4's should be banned from our roads!

Discussion in 'Ooooops!' started by Golf-GX, Jun 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Golf-GX Forum Member

Well ive put this on a couple of forums now, but the more people i can get to hate 4x4's, the better [:D]

On Saturday, My dad had just left work and was waiting at a set of traffic lights when some idiot in a mitsubishi shogun jap crap 4x4 pile of w4nk that wasnt paying attention went straight into the back of my dads mk3 Golf..

looking at the damage id have said he was doing about 25mph at the time and i dont think he had time to brake but his excuse was "my foot slipped off the brake pedal"

the bloke that assessed the car said the shogun must have been going fairly quick to do so much damage because mk3 Golfs are heavy cars and he had never seen one so badly damaged before.. i suppose what didnt help was the fact it had a massive bull bar thing on the front..

not only was the whole rear of the car totalled but the force of the impact pushed my dad into the car in front of him, so the front of the car was damaged too! the debadged grill was in 3 pieces, the left headlight cover shattered, the rear of the fog light broke off and a clip broke off the indicator, luckily the drivers side was untouched..

my dad hurt his neck and his back in the accident so ive been helping out a lot..

on Sunday, dad got a phone call from the police telling him that the driver of the shogun wasnt insured!

the car was taken away on tuesday..

now we're looking for another one in exactly the same colour to replace it!

well you're probably bored of reading now so i'll let the pictures say the rest!

this is what it used to look like..

[​IMG]

This is the car now..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. justadub Forum Member

wat a waste

3. Seraph Banned

Regrettable, but bit of a knee jerk reaction tbh

Your anger should be aimed at the driver, not the vehicle - it was him that wasn't insured, not the 4x4, and him that was speeding(?)

The same damaged would have occurred if it was a small truck - do we ban them? I suspect if a car was travelling 10mph more, it too would have the same result.

4. alby Forum Junkie

exactly.

5. Hotgolf

Hotgolf Paid Member Paid Member

You can now go on and say:
    'Ban all cars, have you seen the state of my motorbike after a car hit it'

Usually a dumb bint not looking and pulling out infront of a bike...........and killing the rider.

6. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

god... not insured :S

kin degenerate loser. id ask the coppers if you can have his contact details and ask them whether he will be prosecuted for driving without insurance and possible dangerous driving etc.

your insurance co will probably write that perfectly good looking golf off, bugger your NCB (if youre comp i suppose). and then they will attempt to pursue that other degenerate prick for the money.

id get intouch with a company like Irwin Mitchells or Beachcroft and see if theyll do a no win no fee claim for you, considering the other guy has no insurance

7. Seraph Banned

Beachcrofts?........no win no fee on this?.........you're kidding right?

8. RichardDarrenB Paid Member Paid Member

If an ordinary car had hit the stationary Golf at 25mph it would have still probably written it off, being as an L reg Golf sadly isn't worth a right lot in today's market, so your beef shouldn't really be with 4 x 4 drivers.

Uninsured drivers are scumbags though [:x]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2007
  9. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

why not? do you know the financial status of the other driver?

recon Beachcrofts wouldnt be good enough? lol

10. Seraph Banned

On the contrary, I just cant see why a UK top20 practice with a turnover of 90m would get involved in a claim for a car worth 1k !

11. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

ive worked for them in the past, they are basically a bulk centre... albeit a good one... if it can be shown that the other guy has money (slim, i know) then theyll most likely do it

12. madmonkey Forum Addict

Uninsured Shogun driver?

Theiving Carny pikey scumbag more than likely.[:x]

13. RichardDarrenB Paid Member Paid Member

If the police can't help you could always offer to "fight him for the money" :lol:

14. Golf-GX Forum Member

Yea i suppose you all have a point, im just extremely pi55ed off because that car was the best thing thats ever happened to my dad and we cant find another one exactly the same to replace it..

not being funny.. but a car wouldnt have bull bars on the front, so i dont think it would do that much damage, and i dont think it would have pushed my dad into the car in front of him either! the truck on the other hand, would probably do a fair amount of damage but i dont think it would do as much as the 4x4 did, theres even a crease at the front of the roof! [:s]

dad was fully comp but this is his third accident in the time allowed so yes he does lose his NCB.. yet none of the accidents were his fault! the first one, a Volvo wrote his passat off, second one, a minibus reversed into this Golf, and now this has happened to it!

the insurance company have written it off and are paying him 585 for the car, he doesnt get his full tank of petrol back though! but 585 isnt enough money to buy another car of the same spec! and because my dad was hurt in the accident, he should be getting compensation, we'll just have to see what happens!

oh and by the way, the police are prosecuting the guy for driving with no insurance, the thing is, hes fully comp too so he thought he was insured to drive other peoples cars, seeing as the Shogun was his dads, he thought he was insured to drive it but he wasnt..

15. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

in which case... im pretty sure that your insurer can chase the shogun's owner's insurer and get the money.... due to an EC Directive (25 maybe... not dont it for a while)

european rights against insurers. your insurance comp will know though

16. davey Forum Member

you have every rite to be pi$$ed but its the driver not the 4x4 so that makes you ignorant!!! i have a landy and can drive it without hitting cars or pedestrians ?? i dont think it goes out by itself when i,m not driving it so...........................work it out idiots like you give us bad names! dont tar us all with the same brush! my two pennies worth for you

17. loadsavalves

loadsavalves Forum Member

Calm down calm down

[​IMG]

18. Golf-GX Forum Member

sorry dude! i didnt mean to sound harsh..

the thing is.. im only 16 years old and when i heard my dad had been in an accident involving a large vehicle i nearly cried ! my dad is the only family i have left !

19. vrbanana Forum Junkie

I drive a Mitz 4x4 and following you stupid childish comments I will be doing my best to run into as many MK3 Golfs as possible, hope it weighs on your conscience

Why is there no emotion listed for w@nker????? [:s] [:s] [:s]

20. Golf-GX Forum Member

dont be gay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.