Exactly why 4x4's should be banned from our roads!

Discussion in 'Ooooops!' started by Golf-GX, Jun 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dubya Forum Junkie

I don't see the problem with mocking a 16 year old.

16 year olds are by their very nature stupid, and the sooner someone points this out to them the sooner they can get on with implementing a solution.

2. squibby Forum Member

Seraph,

I'd have a Toureg, a VX220 Turbo, and the best hothatch money can buy. I would also have some form of classic car for fun If money was no object. 30K vs 300- how silly was that! you think everyone on the forum drives old cars while you have a toureg or some other form of smart new car (I guess this from the aloof way you talk about tired old golfs). I am sure there are plenty of people on here who earn good money;)

I totally agree that wallys with tow bars shouldn't have them. I doubt a cow is going to right off your 4x4 because it didn't have a bulbar, they are for off-road work only.

As for all the rest of the unrealistic comments on here about banning 4x4's, a 16v mk2 in the hands of a 19year old chav with no respect for life is far more dangerous then a 4x4 in the hands of someone mature.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2007
  3. Seraph Banned

Never thought of myself as aloof. Quite like that![:^:]

As for the tired thing, it's nothing personal to vag. But a 20yr car, regardless of enthusiasm, is a tired car (assuming average constant use/care). It applies to all makes regardless.

4. golfjunky

golfjunky Forum Member

ah is that the new mk3 compact :lol:

5. hutster Forum Member

That is a hell of a waste and i know a fair few 4x4 owners (all mates and all think king of the road) My mate stoved his 4x4 into a tree which was a bit of poetic justice lol

6. stew72 Forum Member

ah, club GTI at its best :thumbup:

its reassuring to know that some things will never change.

7. vw_colourconcept Forum Member

****In B*****...id cut his head if i was you...what a lovely looking car gone to waste

8. Tylerdirden New Member

Sorry to hear about the car, and even sorrier that speaking from the heart has led you to be attacked by others but its only a car, and your dad's still alive. Move on and get another car, it'll give your dad another project. As for the comments about cars and their relative value, beauty is always going to be in the eye of the beholder and this forum is further proof that people do love their VW's, which are often second cars (or 3rd,4th,and 5th for me :) :) ).

9. KeithMac Forum Junkie

I`d take Jap-crap anyday over a pushbike;) .

10. hutster Forum Member

I do believe that there are many crap drivers on the road, people can be driving a little micra but they can still be rubbish drivers.
    I was driving home frifay and had a 4x4 driving up my **** flashing me to move and cursing me (no he was not a cop lol) so all i did is slow down to 50mph lol

11. thebluebus Forum Junkie

how are SO many people driving about un-insured! if you put a law in place you have to bloody well enforce it! FFS

12. Golf-GX Forum Member

jeez, haven't been on here for ages, cant believe this thread is still going!

my dad finally bought a new car, a grey VR6 to be precise, and hes loving the power!

hes had to take a lot of time off work lately though because his back still hurts!
    but he still hasnt had any compensation! they'll probably drag this out for as long as possible.

i'd like to thank all the kind and sympathetic people for their comments..
    and i must say, i found all the pathetic comments a great laugh to read tbh..
    so thanks for those too. lmao ..

13. dozzy1989 Forum Member

CBA To read all four pages but what you put in the first place annoys me...

You say 4x4's are bad, but they cost alot to run, tax and insure so if the owner is willing to pay the price why shouldnt they have something they want? Ok if its just someone that lives in town and has no real need for the car then yes i would ask why not get something smaller and more economical but at the end of the day its their choice and I don't think that choice should be limited. If you were told you had to drink a variety of tea you didnt like for the rest of your life and couldn't have the one you wanted, you wouldn't like it! Its the same ****! My mum now has a 4.0 litre V6 Ford Explorer and she loves it, we live in a built up area and the only real need she has for it is she has horses, but she wanted it, and she was willing to pay that bit extra to have something she wanted. She works hard for her money and quite frankly she can spend it on whatever she wants.

Just because one 4x4 driver caused an accident that someone in your family was involved in, doesn't mean all 4x4 drivers are incapable! Infact the majority are probably less likely to cause an accident than people in normal cars as by their very nature they're not cars to be driven fast, therefor the driver is going to be going slower, have more time to react to stuff and because they are higher up they have a better view of their surroundings, having said that; I am sure there is a few people who drive their 4x4's like complete tools but not very many.

AND... Just because a 4x4 crashed into your dads car and did alot of damage, does NOT mean that a smaller car wouldn't have done alot of damage either. It doesn't take much to write off a mk3, im sure even a mini could do it. If you honestly think 4x4 drivers are that dangerous, I dread to think what you opinion on chavs in their little boy racer cars is.

Oh... and you say "Mitsubishi Shogun jap crap bag of w4nk"? PRICK... My parents had a shogun for years and it never went wrong once, really reliable and solid as a rock, great workhorse. You can't really criticise Jap cars when they have such a great reputation and following... After all your dads car wasn't that great either ;).

From what I have read, you seem really ignorant. Fair enough you have a right to be annoyed, your dads car got written off, but that is certainly no reason to suggest 4x4's are bad and unnecessary and turn against everyone who drives them.

LMAO... I like your thinking.

And before anybody starts raving about me having a go at a 16 year old... I'm only 17 myself :)

Rant over. [:D]

14. vrbanana Forum Junkie

Locked because some forum members have an overly sensitive nature
    (not at Golf-GX’s request)

Last edited: Sep 11, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.