Exactly why 4x4's should be banned from our roads!

Discussion in 'Ooooops!' started by Golf-GX, Jun 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seraph Banned

Of course you'd turn it down mate, of course you would.

What self respecting mk2 owner wouldn't turn it down publically on here, risking not being able to save face to their own community.

After all, we can all afford to turn down a 30k car for a 300 one.

2. mk1steve Forum Member

id take the car if it was free, then id sell it so i can but a car i wanted lol

3. g60notter Forum Member

DUDE!!! [:s] [:s] [:s] [:s]

4. Jay2

Jay2 New Member

Think I'd be pretty ****ed off if a 4x4 drove into my VW, actually I be lucky to survive. [xx(] As my VW is lowered and when I'm sat in it my head is about the same height as the bumper of a 4x4, or van, and I don't want to think about a HGV.

Like any other vehicle, if its bought for practical reasons then fair do's, 4x4's = off-roading, towing or work purposes, but if its bought because you want to feel safer when you take little Jonny to school then what about the other parents child if you ever run into them while your dropping little Jonny off? A 30mph speed limit isn't going to make any difference with a 4x4.

Also, where does it all end?

People buy 4x4's as they think they are safer, more metal, stronger chasis, higher driving position, etc. But obviously now there are more 4x4's people want bigger 4x4's to protect them from the other 4x4's, and so on and so on............. Till we end up driving around in HGV's and tanks. Or Hummers [:x]

5. Spacemonkey Forum Member

I hate people blaming cars for crashes. When will people learn its not the car its the driver!
    Where do you draw the line about size? 4x4 cars are not the biggest things on the road. I bet there are more vans on the road than 4x4's and not all used for the purpose they were designed for.

6. Spacemonkey Forum Member

I dont own or will ever own a 4x4 either.

7. dubst16v Forum Member

seraph i think if you go back and read my post it starts VALUE ASIDE

8. Seraph Banned

I'm not talking about value alone either [:D]

9. dthomas Forum Member

Bustersballs your ****ging off a 16yr old boy! yes some of his views are wrong, but your being just as childish repling in that sort of manner. And Seraph, many of us choose to own older vw's because we like them, not because there all we can afford mate. I have noticed on a few of your posts you refer to older cars as : Tired, old Golfs. Yes my Golf is old, but it's far from tired. Also like your valuation of mk2 Golfs to. 300. Yeah Right. Am I right in thinking this is a club for the vw community, not a new verses old club. Go to a few shows guys and appreciate the time and money some of us put into our old tired Golfs.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2007
  10. Seraph Banned

Of course you do, of course you do.

300 relates to the 'typical mk2' worst case scenario - I've no idea what dubst16v's cars worth - but I don't need to.

Also be cautious who you accuse of '****ging off a 16yr old boy' - I've been very conservative in my comments in this thread and at no point personal.

11. dthomas Forum Member

Ha, ha. Thats what you call conservative reply is it Seraph. I'm sorry mate, but I take it personal when somebody as shallow minded as yourself thinks that people who own older vw's only have them because thats all they can afford, and not because they prefer the older models.

12. Aphex Forum Junkie

Shagging off a 16yr old boy is frowned upon in many countries.

13. Seraph Banned

You haven't got the faintest idea of what goes on in my mind.

Where as I obviously do of you - because the direction of my comments has gone straight over your head.

For someone staunchly defending the thread starter, you don't seem to be respecting his thread any longer.

14. dthomas Forum Member

I think i've got a pretty good idea of how your mind works Seraph. And understand what direction your comments were comming from. As for staunchly defending the thread starter, I said that some of his views were wrong.

Just realised why you got the hump when I said you were ****ging off a 16yr old boy. My mistake. Your name should'nt have been at the beginning of my first post. Take it back.

Listen mate. My arguement with you was over the way I feel you look at people with older cars, but if thats how you feel about us. Then so be it.

15. Aphex Forum Junkie

Seraph.. causing a ruckus!? ;) :lol:

16. Seraph Banned

My dear fellow, I'm one of the the lucky ones on here - I don't get the hump resulting from others posts.
    But I do believe in setting the record straight, as opposed to starting a 'ruckus' Aphex!!!!

I'm not that bothered if you think I was criticising the thread stater - because if you read back carefully, you'll see I actually wasn't.
    What I was doing, was pursuing the entirely subjective point about ownership of old cars and people's 'true' underlying feelings.

So we then establish your point concerns this quote of yours: "thinks that people who own older vw's only have them because thats all they can afford, and not because they prefer the older models."

Well as close as that is to your heart, that was never the debate. The debate was the consequence of being offered a much more expensive car in exchange. I mentioned nothing of what a person could/couldn't afford.
    Irrespective of wording and confusion, it's an opinion - neither right or wrong - neither provable and unprovable.

Now as you appear to have laid this to rest, I will do the same and see the thread back on track.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2007
  17. nimbus dare Forum Member

somethings never change

18. Seraph Banned

Yeah, you're right.

Like a newbie who logs on for approximately 20mins for the first time that day, and all they can muster up is a completely pointless post that adds nothing.

19. Aphex Forum Junkie

Hahahaha :lol:

You're well worth stalking, Seraph ;)

20. Blanch New Member

yeh i got munched by an old landrover i will dig out the pics and post them. all in all a useless post, at least its killed 5 mins at work

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.