Feeling depressed again :-(

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by PhatVR6, May 10, 2007.

1. prof Forum Addict

count me in then lads, pick me up from the LFE services on the M1 on the way past :thumbup:

i'll take the 1st,5th,6th from the left

Last edited: May 16, 2007
  2. madmonkey Forum Addict

Ooooooooooooohhhh![:^:][8D]

3. Admin Guest

from the left[:s]

never heard of that one before, nope not in the CGTI how to bag a lady manual;) :lol:

i'd take em all, any which way it was going:p [:$] [:D] ;) :lol:

4. prof Forum Addict

the angle is good for the deep spot ;)

5. Admin Guest

i use the tried and tested method from B'locks on here,

all in;) [:D] :lol:

6. prof Forum Addict

what back wheels as well :o

7. Admin Guest

if needs be:p [:$] :lol:

8. prof Forum Addict

reminds me of Daz :lol:

9. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

just read the last two pages. the 'not being able to relax' thing is pretty common. my missus used to nag at me because i was never able to switch off.... like i give a f***.

anyway, if there is a trip down to Le Mans, lemme know and ill head along too. will it actually be possible to get a camping spot at this late stage?

10. sutherlandm Forum Junkie

But you do burn a lot of calories if you are a fidgeter!

11. mark25 Forum Junkie

One thing that is causing you a problem is that you are too optimistic, (maybe only sub-conciously). It seems you are getting up in the morning and automatically expecting everything to go well. Realistically this is not going to happen, people are going to make faults near you on the road driving to work, your PC is going to crash, your boss is going to make stoopid desicions, you co-workers are going to make mistakes in **% of their work, etc, etc.

But if you get up in the morning and try and make a concious realistic expectation of how your day is going to go, based on your recent experience, i think you will get much less stressed.

Also, always plan your workload around the worst weeks availability you've had from your work PC and co-workers, plan 4 days work a week, etc until the PC, etc can't effect you. Or if you're really pessimistic (and happy like me) get your boss to get you a backup PC.

You'r not alone, this unrealistic expectation is what leads to most of the road rage today, that and people taking everything that happens around them as a personal attack. When 99% of the time it is not intended that way. Mike is a good example; the guy that went with his misses was NOT trying to hurt Mike, i can tell you Mike was actually the last thing on his mind. But in that situation people very often automatically think the other guy was just out to hurt them. Easy mistake given the situation.

People make a lot of mistakes, they are human, but people never make mistakes deliberatly to annoy other people, it just seems that way sometimes. Most people have trouble excepting this though.

Good luck[:D]

Last edited: May 17, 2007
  12. prof Forum Addict

totally disagree, you need a solid inner self, and a happy outlook. Expecting disaster is just wrong, but planning for the unexpected in terms of work is a great idea

13. Admin Guest

You have a very odd outlook on life Mark25, why on earth 'expect' the worse instead of prepare for the worst.

Be like Kris, have a PMA

[​IMG]

14. prof Forum Addict

preposterosly massive anus???

Personally i find a Positive Mental Attitude makes a huge difference

15. mark25 Forum Junkie

I'm talking about being realistic boyz! hitting you PC when it goes wrong means your expectations were unrealistic! PC's always go wrong FFS. The more pessimistically i plan a job on the car, the more i enjoy it. It works for me, but then peoples lives depend on my work, if i miss something, or err on the optimistic side, lots of people can die. And i've made mistakes by not thinking pessimistically enough, NEVER AGAIN. No other mentality will do....

16. mark25 Forum Junkie

Why do you twist my words from, realistic expectation , to expect disaster?

17. prof Forum Addict

not intentional, it's my perception of what you wrote,

18. mark25 Forum Junkie

I know i don't write very clearly, but i'm talking about the expectations you have of your environment. Nothing to do with yourself.

It's quiet OK to disagree with everything i post for the sake of it, it doesn't bother me, my expectations are LOW;) However, if you don't actually read my post before disagreeing, it's not really me you're disagreeing with is it;)

19. prof Forum Addict

fair points, i'm still not up for expecting the least from people & things, i'd find that depressing in itself

Anyway

Can we come up with some solutions for Phatty?

20. Nordoff Forum Junkie

Try building ao igloo?
    Doesn.'t have to be out of ice but the best ones tend to be.