How much fun are Jehovahs Witnesses?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Gaz37, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

No the new testament was written in Aramaic, however the earliest surviving copies )C.300 AD) were written in Greek. Therefore the actual "words of Christ" must have been originally written in Aramaic, then 300 years later translated into Greek.

As there were no printing presses in excistence it is fair to assume that the Aramaic & Greek "copies in circulation" must have been hand written & therefore it cannot be taken for granted that any subsequent copies were a true version of the original.

The New testament was first translated into Latin around 400AD & this was not translated into Anglo Saxon untill 1400AD, with the version in use today (King James Bible) being translated into "modern english" C.1600 AD

We therfore have 1600 years of handwritten copies being translated at least 3 times before we arrive at what Christians now accept as " the true words of Christ"[:s]

Now that is true faith & with faith like that who needs reasoning or logic?;)

Last edited: Mar 20, 2008
  2. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

Thanks for clearing that up! :clap:

I couldn`t be bothered researching the exact languages/dates, though I knew it was more than just Hebrew -> English. Re-iterates my point nicely! :thumbup:

3. b'locks Forum Addict

this man is a legend [8D]

4. squibby Forum Member

LOL, you guys make me laugh with some of your comments, wikipedia and google. Stick to what your good at, volkswagons. If you want to give advice on the Bible, then talk to the JW's next time they call. I think it's safe to say they are pretty much experts on it and so different from other religions because they actually stick to what the bible says. WOW you told them to get lost. how impressive of you. I personally think they have more balls to call on people they don't even know day in day out with their own free time.

my last contribution to this thread. END.

5. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

what so if you join there cult thingy, you develop a genital condition? no wonder they are always so miserable...

religious people miss out on all the things in this world that we were put here to experience.... when I die and go to hell (there aint nothing above us or below us its just space!!) I will know I had a foooking great journey there and it was worth being here.. can these people say the same after years and years banging on about a little book made up by people who didn't have a clue what was going on? doubt it....

also, what's with these religions where they do certain good acts and get X amount of virgins when they die?? that to me is hell..... shagging a virgin aint what its cracked up to be.... painful, messy and generally ****..... give me a well honed hooker any day lol

6. nimbus dare Forum Member

as much as i dont like religion. i think over the past 30 years thats where this country has fallen down.

as i kid i was taught at school about the bible and whats right and wrong. it actually helped me as a child growing up. bit like thinking there was a santa claus. i knew if i did wrong i would pay for it.

these days kids know too much about real life way to young. they are imune to most things. they show no respect for anyone.

growing up now with websites like ogrish, rotten, redtube. all this stuff kids can look at when they're 8 years old.

look at society. its a direct result of the change.

just thought i would thrown that one out there.

7. fthaimike Forum Addict

Just remembered this from Red Dwarf:

[YOUTUBE]Ir1-A209boQ[/YOUTUBE]

8. Jonny777 Forum Member

Hahahahahahahaha!

Red Dwarf is so good. [8D]

9. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

agree with that, I am not religious in any way - may be obvious from last post lol but I think its diminish has had an effect on the new generation and its behaviors for the worse...

10. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

I think todays youth problems come more from the fact that parents are too scared to discipline their children, as opposed to a decline in religion.

Even though I was brought up to believe in God, the Bible, etc, I learnt what was right and wrong from my parents. If I did something wrong I would get a smack round the legs.

Nowadays kids don`t get this type of discipline, because it`s seen as `wrong`, but it never did me (or anyone else I know the same age/older) any harm.

11. RallyeVR6

RallyeVR6 Forum Junkie

Oh good god.

Don't admit that on an open forum. The Looney Liberals will be round asking you if you need councilling due to the beating you were regulalrly dealt as a child at the hands of your Parents.

Your parents will then be picketted and campaigned against as child abusers.

Why is it learning Right from Wrong is always attributed to Religous upbringings? I have never been to Church and I was never christened. Yet somehow, I have managed to figure out that murderign people is bad, as is stealing, beating people up and generally braking any law. But I guess Ijust must be the exception to the rule?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2008
  12. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

correct, I have never been near any religious people in my life and I know what is right and wrong.... must have been helping though when there was more religion about don't you think?

13. RallyeVR6

RallyeVR6 Forum Junkie

More Disipline and respect for ones elders, Yes.

More "religion" about, No. Although religion can help provide better discipline and respect.

14. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

I think if you looked into it, the person who wrote that post knows a HELL of a lot more about religion than you or I ever will do. I love an argument about God and religion, but you won't win this one Stu.
    Thanks for clearing that up! :clap:

I couldn`t be bothered researching the exact languages/dates, though I knew it was more than just Hebrew -> English. Re-iterates my point nicely! :thumbup:[/QUOTE]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2008
  15. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

I have met and stayed with the person in question, and although I am an "alcoholic junkie", I was still made more than welcome in that house - they made me feel like it was home. Oh, and dangerously anorexic as well, apparently.
    But I have never met a more accepting, relaxed couple in my life. They took me for what I am, treated me like I was their own, and were basically the way I wish my parents had been, except for the religion - which is a personal choice.

16. Vremmi New Member

My brother is a Jehovah, it's so sad [:^(]

17. VWSaxon

VWSaxon Forum Member

and....

18. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

what are your experiences of it then vremmi? how does it effect your family/relationships etc? what happens at christmas? lol first thing I thought of ha ha

19. b'locks Forum Addict

it makes him want to kill himself and/or his brother [:^(]

20. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Just saw that. As one of your closest friends, am I weak not to have a religious belief? Or in fact any kind of belief?