I picked up a british import

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Paxle, Apr 16, 2008.

1. vrbanana Forum Junkie

love that quote :clap:

2. Seraph Banned

But I am famous (or infamous[:[]) now! Whoo hoo! :clap:

3. nimbus dare Forum Member

some prize tits on this forum.

im laughing so much.

4. Stu__8vgti Forum Member

Tis amusing

I predict 15 pages

5. vrbanana Forum Junkie

But you could have been famous 18k+ posts ago, why take all this time [:s] [:s] [:s] :lol:

6. Admin Guest

15 pages? I wouldnt ever needlessly post to ensure such a thing....

7. Stu__8vgti Forum Member

Are you sure Dave?

8. Stu__8vgti Forum Member

Double post

Last edited: Apr 18, 2008
  9. Broke Forum Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You guys most likely won't know that first pic. Both pics are "Yay for Guns!";)

G'wan there an' Google'ya up some Squidbillies... git cher book learnins' on. Whooo!:lol: :clap:

I'll go one better.... here...

[youtube]kjjs0IJlYrc[/youtube]

*watching the clip to the end, I guess Adult Swim has swum across the pond, as there is a .co.uk address. Enjoy and bathe in the Yanky goodness that is animated tellervisionary.

Also, while looking up cartoons... you must learn about Metalocalypse as well (although it should be in the UK by now). The snipers around Mordhaus use .50BMG rifles:p

[​IMG]

Broke

10. Jonny777 Forum Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. RallyeVR6

RallyeVR6 Forum Junkie

The short answer with ingnoring the trivial bits you could argue over for weeks is No

The long answer is yes with a "if they used those things within there primary profession as well as there social life".

i.e: Tony Hawks - I could see him having and liking lots of Stakeboards
    Tony, the kid down the road that thinks he's Tony Hawks, then obsessive freak/weirdo. imho.

12. N/B

N/B Forum Member

So because you actually go racing, you're entitled to collect VAG-related stuff.
    And those of us that can't afford to go racing, aren't.
    In a nutshell.

It's Tony Hawk, btw.

13. RallyeVR6

RallyeVR6 Forum Junkie

Not not at all. Maybe I didn't explain my piont clearly. Which is probably quite likely.

What I mean't was, in terms of a racing etc......

If you can't afford to go racing, don't go racing but just watch it on TV, yet you have a garage full, like 15 or 20 100% fully prep'd race cars in a locked down garage that you only let your buddies see or use on the rare occasion your allowed them on the road. Then yes I would say your an obsessive freak/weirdo.

If you can't afford to go racing, don't go racing but just watch it on TV but what money you do have you spend it on your 1 or maybe 2 cars that you use regularly or as much as you can. Maybe even track spec them, buy upgrades for them and maybe the odd spare apart or 4 and try and go to watch racing live at race weekends then I would say you are someone a very keen interest in the subject.

As for Hawk/Hawks. I couldn't give a flying fuck. :thumbup:

Here's a hare. Go Split it.

[​IMG]

14. N/B

N/B Forum Member

Ok.
    I think, out of your two analogies, that a great many collectors (of all sorts of stuff) fall into the latter category, and the former is not commonplace at all - apart from those involved in the preservation and exhibition of extremely rare objects.

I don't like splitting hares, my rifle isn't powerful enough to do it in a single shot.

15. Admin Guest

With my gun?

16. RallyeVR6

RallyeVR6 Forum Junkie

Not common place at all no.

But as I wrote my first analogy, I had this picture posted by broke, in my head:

http://i28.tinypic.com/2h39ctu.jpg

Subsititute Guns for Race cars and you have, imho, basically the same thing. And what my original piont about being ossessive/obsessed was all about.

To reiterate my original piont:

I can see the piont of that collection in terms of a historical display for people to come and see and learn about the weapons and the situations there were used to defend/attack countries/cities/towns etc. **

I can't see the piont of that collection in private hands being used seldomly by you and your mates just for ****s and giggles.

** I do admit I am making an assumption and that Broke himself may well teach people about his guns in a museam kind way, but I'm sure there are those out there that have a collection like that and are incredible private and secreative about it.

17. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

A lot of people in NI have gun collections (our firearms laws are better than the mainland, you can still own a semi-auto pistol) , are enthusiasts, but would never even mention it to their neighbours - because firstly, it gets you labelled as a gun nut, and secondly, who knows who your neighbour knows, who might want your guns for nefarious purposes? If you go on holidays, you leave them at the cop shop for safe keeping (or at least the bolt, if it's a rifle).
    But it just encourages burglary. If you own a Glock or a Sig etc. , then a would-be thief is NOT going to get it, because the firearms officer requires you to keep it in an appropriate safe, bolted (from the inside) to either the floor joists or a concrete floor. I have one, and even if I somehow managed to get it unbolted, it's so heavy I can barely lift it (Not as strong as SutherlandM). Has a key lock plus a combination lock, both have to be opened before you get in. Angle grinder? Not a chance. Safe cracker? No, those days are long gone. Lockpick? Banham locks, unpickable.
    So you don't wander around bragging about your guns to people who are around you. Much as I don't sit and talk about VWs all day when I'm at work - we talk about breasts and beer, normal things like that.
    But when you go to the gun club, then of course it's all gun talk - it's like a VW meet but it's Browning and Remington instead of ABF and TDI.

18. N/B

N/B Forum Member

A lot of people in Ireland & NI have car collections. More ex-Rally cars on that island than pretty much anywhere else in the world, by all accounts.
    Not sure how many racetracks or rally stages though.

19. sportline Forum Junkie

that reminds me TSC, was it you who had the bang keys??

i really needed a set the other day.

must get me a set. are they as good as the look.

sorry to go off topic. but tsc mentioned burgalries, lol.

20. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

No, nature doesn't any more. One of the places I shoot is an "Area Of Special Scientific Interest" - i.e. no shooting. But I'm allowed, in fact encouraged to shoot there after explaining my interest and the reason I want to shoot there.
    It's an ASSI because there are rare species of plants and animals living and growing there - and now, due to us lot, there are animals such as mink, foxes, deer living there which eat these rare species and will lead to them becoming extinct.
    The Department of Agriculture and Regional Development, who look after this bit, even put up a deer stand (ladder up a tree, with a platform to sit on) for deer to be shot from.
    I shot a fox there the other week and have no regrets at all - I wasn't going to eat it either. But foxes are destructive to the native species, as they eat them. So are mink, they eat the fish and pretty much everything else right down to rare species of mice.
    Deer need to be shot because they don't belong there, and they eat the young trees that DO belong there. It's all about trying to make good the damage that has been done, and restoring each little micro-environment back to the way it was before people fecked it up.
    And if you happen to hit a deer, then great! You have a freezer full of venison and one less deer on the land.