Ibiza Cupra R Master Cylinder Reservoir - Part Number?

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by Classy6, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Classy6 Forum Member

That makes sense, thought I was being blind & I sold the spare one I had on. The reservoir I have looks nothing like the above picture either.

I'm using the mk2 seals, I did silicone them up quite well initially to get the reservoir in however, then when it popped out got soaked in brake fluid. I'll go wiggle on it later but I'm definitely going to be putting some metal clips or something around it to hold it in place to ensure it doesn't happen again [:s]

Mat - what calipers are you using?

2. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

Ibiza brembo 305mm front, mk4/polo rears.;)

3. turbotommy Forum Member

yes,as jonny says its just held in with the seals & barbs on the end of the reservoir.
    Its not under pressure so only needs to be gravity fed but if using a pressure bleeder (at 30 psi!!!) a couple of tie wraps should hold it on long enough but for christsakes wipe any fluid off the paint work!!
    Got any pics of your reservoir Chris?
    An old Indian trick is to bleed quite alot of fluid through all the calipers,pump the brakes a bit and leave to settle over night then re-bleed the next day when the bubbles have settled down.
    Worth a go imho,it IS worth it in the end.

4. Classy6 Forum Member

I still find it surprising it's held in just by seals, would have thought there would have been something - doesn't take much to knock or like my experience when bleeding for it to fly off. The paint got a good soaking, it's corrosive stuff brake fluid!

I saw a focus master cylinder at work the other day a mate changed & it used, albeit smaller the type of spring clips I was thinking of using to hold it down so definitely think that's worth looking into now, looks a lot tidier than cable ties around it, too.

The brake pedal feel is rock hard now. I pressure bled at 2 bar about 3 litres of brake fluid through the system initially. After the pedal still being a bit spongy, the next day I got the pressure bleeder back on, had my old man sit in the car pumping the brake pedal whilst the pressure bleeder was connected. Needless to say the brake pedal is absolutely solid now, think I finished up with about 8 litres being flushed through, including the clutch.

Few pictures of my reservoir:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. turbotommy Forum Member

I know what you mean m8 but now the system is bled,it will never see pressure as its only a gravity fed "pot".
    However,you've obviously done the job right though as the pedal should feel "ROCK HARD" just wait till you 1st hit the brakes! all will become clear ;)
    The power & feel,all mk2's "should" have come with from the factory (so the British sorted it out in the end)

6. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

I have a couple of the these if anyone wants one for 10.

7. Bruce T Forum Member

Master cylinders or the resivours?

8. mat-mk3

Keep us updated on that. I would prefer to put something on mine for piece of mind.

So pumping the pedal with the pressure bleeder on too? I will have to try that, mine are pretty good but I'm sure there is a little more to go. Need to bed the DS2500's in and then bleed again.

9. 1990

The master cylinders

10. c_a_r_t_e_r Forum Member

Howdy,

2 or 4 port Focus or Ibiza? 23mm? I'm interested in one if they're still available?

Looks like the 4 port is a better option as the brake lines exit on the correct side? Although running them underneath the master cylinder on a 2-port isn't too much of a hassle?

Cheers, Tim.

11. 1990

4 port, 23mm i'm not sure which they are off as the part number is Bosch's own.

12. turbotommy Forum Member

They are all 23.8mm,2 or 4 pot.
    Hope this helps.

13. chili New Member

bit of a thread resurection(sp?)

I now have all the bits to do this bar blocking off the two larger holes on the drivers side(when fitted).

What have you used to do this?? ive been all over today to find something. None of the local motor factors or engineering suppliers had anything to fit..

The best i have managed it the male ends that the brake pipe would go in to connect it to the M/S. Which I thought I could possibly braze to seal them but to be honest I wouldnt trust it not to leak once fitted which I could do without!!!

14. turbotommy Forum Member

Get 2 x M12 bleed nipples or at least 1 of them so that you can bleed the master cyl as well as the brake lines.

15. D4LFR Forum Member

Iv got 2 of these Cupra mc's in the garage if anyone's looking for one

16. Rossco_ New Member

Can anyone tell me the part no of the spacer used between the MC and the servo? I cant find it on VAGcat at all!

17. mat-mk3

For this conversion the spacer is not a VW part. I managed to get one off ebay with a complete MC however i cannot see any on there at the moment.

18. WAK

wak Forum Member

THis is exactly what i'm looking for if anyone sees anything :)

19. Neil_Ireland Forum Member

Anyone know where to get a spacer?

20. Brian.G

Brian.G Forum Member

Surely you'd make one Neil?