Long Distance Relationships??

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by damogti, Jan 30, 2005.

1. Chris H Forum Junkie

chin up mate - it will get better you know :)

2. damogti Forum Junkie

3. pictonroad Forum Member

Chin up Damo, here's a picture of a big fat cat to make you smile. :)

[​IMG]

4. Admin Guest

Dex are you not married? [:s]

5. Armour

Armour Forum Junkie

I thought that too [:s]

Alan
    Edited by: G40 AL

6. Jeff Forum Junkie

:lol: dont think dex is married!

7. Golfgirl Forum Member

No he isn't :lol:

8. everest Forum Member

i feel all sad now. [:^(] especially after what dex said. my feelings dont actually matter so theres no point saying anything, he already knows anyway [:^(] i just feel sad.

9. Seraph Banned

:o Everyones feelings matter.................

10. DEX

Dex Paid Member Paid Member

i hope not - i'd have to have been *really* drunk to not know about that....

but then there was one time in vegas where one of the other guys from work and i found ourselves in an Elvis-Qwik-E-Wed.....

11. DEX

tell him. The worst that can happen is that you are no worse off than you are now.

Re-read my post - it's not supposed to be depressing - it's just my way of saying that there are more ways of being happy than having a nice car and a good job.

The important thing is to not let the car or job or family or mates get in the way of being happy.

12. Admin Guest

phew [not in a gay way] but phew..... ;) [/not in a gay way] :lol:
    yeah you have to be careful in vegas, you didn't consimate the marrige thats the killer!

13. Guests Banned

see, your just a little pussy cat underneath all that rubber and spitefull hatred

14. DEX

it's all a trick on Miss P's part - she only pretends to be nice long enough to get the cuffs on you...

Jon P - there was no danger of that - not only was he decidedly unattractive (well to me anyway) but we were both so drunk we wouldn't have known what to do , let alone been able to physically do it...

In fact one of the few things i remember from that night is the porter (in the quite posh hotel we were staying in) bringing me a cup of tea and glass of squash as i was passed out hugging the pan in the disabled toilets just next to the main hotel foyer...

15. Miss Psyclodia

Miss Psyclodia Forum Junkie

:lol: :lol: well im a female dog then you *think* you get to know me and ur like awww she is nice and i turn into female dog again and ur f**ked :)

16. Admin Guest

that sounds coolio! [:D] :lol:

17. Red_TN Forum Member

wow, just taken the last 30 minutes to read this thread.

And just fallen off the back of my chair, but hey, i have a second skull, rite?

Anyway, back to the topic.

I had a relationship where she lived just round the corner. I was in 6th form, and worked part time. She worked there aswell, so thats where we met. All went well for about a month, but the couple of months after, i was hating it. I mean, she wanted to see me morning, noon and night. Dinner time she wanted to see me, after college, after work, it just became such a burden,and i have no free time, i had to get out. I was so weighed down, i was exhausted.

Just too close, and she wanted to see me too much(But, getting some during your lunch hour at her house was pretty cool, for awhile)

Then i went on holiday to the Isle of wight with my family, met this local lass on the beach. We got on well, met up a few more times, as i had just passed my driving test 3 days before the holiday.

It wasnt for a few months afterwards(some legal issues) that we started going out. Now, she was in the isle of wight, and i was in peterborough. 200 odd miles, but also a bloody ferry, that was the expensive part.

We saw each other 1 out of 2/3 weekends, as she use to come up on the bus or i drove down. Things went great, 20 months later was still together, had a holiday planned together with more people to florida, all great. Then we split up, due to circumstances. Cost me a shed load as she wasnt going on the holiday, she wasnt paying, gutting. But, i had the best holiday of my life, so the money didnt mean so much then.

After a few months of non contact, we now get on well, and talk quite abit again. Maybe we was too young, and both moving in different directions, but it was good fun whilst it lasted. yes, the financial burden was heavy(that ferry crossing [xx(] [xx(] ) but it was worth it.

Now, babbled on long enough, but matey, im thinking about doing it all over again. Im in norwich, or occasionally peterborough, and this lass is in reading. This is 165 miles away, and she doesnt drive yet, even tho she 23(but she learning, and im trying to get her to buy a golf as a first car).

We are in constant communication, msn, txt, calls and all that, but just waiting to meet up again soon, just to see if its what we both really want. She is a great lass, so will just see how it goes the next few weeks.

Im at the stage of my life where im unsure about my future at uni, and a few other things.

But, if this comes about, i will be going for another distance relationship, and i if you get the chance, go for it. If it doesnt work, not lost all that much, but as from many of the success stories on here, they can work.