Merry f*cking Xmas....just been laid off / Just been bagged (again...)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by PhatVR6, Dec 22, 2008.

1. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

great timing, cheers.....no work for me after this week....my heart rate is currently considerably higher than it's ever been...i actually feel faint.....

2. Admin Guest

That's 4rse.

Sorry to hear that, and I think you certainly aren't going to be the last in the near future either with the way this economy is going.

3. Andy947 Forum Addict

That is not cool, sorry to hear that.

Our lot started getting rid of some contractors last week, even did a few on Fri morning, the day of the company end of year night out..... Nice!!

Quite glad to be staff currently, but that by no means makes you safe either :thumbd:

4. fthaimike Forum Addict

Sorry to hear that Paul, i go on Jan 2009 & it looks like it's going to get worse everywhere.

5. Jolfa

Jolfa Forum Junkie

Join the club, bit sh*t to leave it this close to xmas though!

6. cocobay63 Forum Member

i reckon mine is up soon, we are suppose to be taken over by a private company next year "profit making" im as good as gone and i know that

7. Dan. Forum Member

i feel for you lot with out any work, any of you got any thing else lined up work wise?

how many fingers in pies you got. hope you all manage to fall back on something.

My idea if work dries up compleately was to go an may be get qualified in other things, thats if i got enough cash to cover both bills and learning

ive not had enough work to do full weeks recently but better than nothing.

8. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

gutting. Did they give any clue's that it might be happening as that is really sh*tty if they have just dumped it on you now?

hope you get something sorted asap

9. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

i got a week, well, 1.5 days....maybe 3 days next week tops.

Contracting eh, awesome. I may get a reprieve, it's been a board decision to get rid of all contractors in all offices, no concessions, but my boss has hit the roof about the decision and said watch this space.....I'd only just been put in charge of 2 other guys about 2 months ago too, head of department. not any more....

10. Nordoff Forum Junkie

last time our place laid off they said we'd know by 3rd december, then 15th then 17th.
    Which wasn't too bad for us but the stress it put on all our families was terrible to watch.
    Given the choice I'd rather know straight away.

11. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

This is awful news, Paul. Sorry to hear this and it's really bad news at this time of the year. Like yourself I am a contractor too and it's not nice to end up on the bench just before Christmas.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2008
  12. superden Forum Addict

Sorry to hear that Paul, I know someone who was laid off last week as well, bloody dreadful timing.

13. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

i'm off out to get ****ed, f*ck this ****e :-(

14. neil kaye Forum Junkie

i know how you feel pal i got laid off 1st of nov so getting used to it now,its the second time in all my working life iv been out of work and when you make a claim for job seekers they treat you like 5hit here,its degrading

15. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

last time I applied for jobseekers it was refused as I was two payments down in the last 12 months when I was out of work!!! even though I had been paying 700 a month for tax and NI for the last 10 months!!! absolute cnuts.....[:x]

16. Brookster

Brookster Paid Member Paid Member

F*****g H**l ! sorry to hear this Paul, crap time for everyone , my sister got news they shut 4 of her shops and she thinks her's is next been there 16years .

17. RobT

RobT Forum Junkie

really sorry to hear that - happened to me a year ago, really upsetting, hope you get something sorted

18. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

That is pretty bad way to treat staff, some sort of notice prior to christmas would be nice

thanks for coming, now f$*k off stamped on your payslip :thumbd:

19. Nordoff Forum Junkie

Makes y' so proud they'd bailing out the banks that caused this and not the companies going under.

Vote Labour.:thumbup:

20. stella

stella Forum Junkie

My son got made redundant from his company in August, though he did get a month's notice. D-in-law who works for the same company got told on Friday morning that the company was closing down on Friday night, so she got less than six hours notice. Also it seems she is not going to be paid for December, either.

Guess my hopes of finding another job in the New Year aren't good either. Never thought this sort of thing would happen to a family like ours, always thought it was the work-shy who ended up on benefits.